blueandwhite
Ben W
waddayamean
countrycousin
The Hatchet
16 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

2015 Trial Games - LIVE Updates - Page 4 Empty Re: 2015 Trial Games - LIVE Updates

Post by Big Phil Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:00 pm

LIVE SCORES @ PLAYFORD ALIVE OVAL

RESERVES - ROUND 1A

Full Time:

NA - 18.15 = 123

CD - 7.5 = 47

Roosters win by 76 points

GOAL KICKERS:

NA - K.Agius 5, W.Combe, C.Hewett, C.Wilkie, A.Prior, O.Markov 2, J.Hayes, M.Olekanis, C.Hewett 1

CD - N.Bartsch, I.McKenzie, B.Dew, Z.Henschke, C.Pettit, M.Spirrit, S.Walker 1
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

2015 Trial Games - LIVE Updates - Page 4 Empty Re: 2015 Trial Games - LIVE Updates

Post by bayman Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:07 pm

B. Dew......is he any relation to S. Dew ?
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:46 pm

LEAGUE - TRIAL

League:

NA - 6.0 = 36

CD - 3.2 = 20

Roosters lead by 16 points

GOAL KICKERS:

NA - D.Shillabeer 3, D.Kulikowski 2, A.Spina 1

CD - C.Edmead, L.Habel, C.McLean 1
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:22 pm

bayman wrote:B. Dew......is he any relation to S. Dew ?

No relation...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:12 pm

LEAGUE TRIAL

Half Time

CD - 13.5 = 83

NA - 9.1 = 55

Bulldogs lead by 28 points

GOAL KICKERS:

CD - C.McLean 3, B.Retzlaff 2, C.Edmead, L.Habel, W.Milera, T.Goodrem, S.Hanna, B.Retzlaff, J.Potter, D.Costanzo 1

NA - D.Shillabeer 5, D.Kulikowski 2, A.Spina, J.Shannon 1

Last edited by Big Phil on Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:42 pm

Big Phil wrote:
bayman wrote:B. Dew......is he any relation to S. Dew ?

No relation...

thankyou BP, i was just curious
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:50 pm

FULL TIME @ PLAYFORD ALIVE OVAL

LEAGUE TRIAL

Final Scores

CD - 16.7 = 103

NA - 10.3 = 63

Bulldogs win by 40 points

GOAL KICKERS:

CD - C.McLean 4, B.Retzlaff 2, C.Edmead, L.Habel, W.Milera, T.Goodrem, S.Hanna, J.Potter, D.Costanzo, D.Hill 1

NA - D.Shillabeer 5, D.Kulikowski 2, A.Spina, J.Shannon, J.Gregg 1
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:37 pm

Second week in a row North have stopped.

What were your thoughts on the game, Phil?
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceman Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:15 pm

Big Phil wrote:Final Scores @ The Parade

EAG - 15.9 = 109

NOR - 5.3 = 33

Nick Hayes kicked 5 for the Eagles, Lewis 3 and Goldsworthy played all night in defence...

Persinos kicked 2 for the Redlegs, while I was impressed by youngsters Luke Partington and Zac Richards...

Norwood had at least a dozen first starters rested tonight but that being said, the Eagles were impressive...
Wouldnt read too much into last nights game. I went down for a look and by my reckoning only 2 first team regulars played the full game, about 5-6 played the second half only and a further dozen rested completely. I know it gave some kids a run but found it a fairly pointless exercise with the real season kicking off on Thursday. Partington did look very good and reckon we will see him get a decent crack during the year.
Aceman
Aceman

My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:29 pm

Aceman wrote:

EAG - 15.9 = 109

NOR - 5.3 = 33

Nick Hayes kicked 5 for the Eagles, Lewis 3 and Goldsworthy played all night in defence...

Persinos kicked 2 for the Redlegs, while I was impressed by youngsters Luke Partington and Zac Richards...

Norwood had at least a dozen first starters rested tonight but that being said, the Eagles were impressive...
Wouldnt read too much into last nights game. I went down for a look and by my reckoning only 2 first team regulars played the full game, about 5-6 played the second half only and a further dozen rested completely. I know it gave some kids a run but found it a fairly pointless exercise with the real season kicking off on Thursday. Partington did look very good and reckon we will see him get a decent crack during the year.

Have to say that was a boring game again !
That appeared to be a Norwood second side against an Eagles almost full strength side !
Still no Wundke or Thurlow
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceman Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:43 pm

mickyj wrote:
Aceman wrote:

EAG - 15.9 = 109

NOR - 5.3 = 33

That appeared to be a Norwood second side against an Eagles almost full strength side !
Obviously the Eagles needed a decent hitout with their first game a fortnight away and needing to give the players a run so played a close to full strength side. We dont have the luxury with a game in under a week, just not worth getting players injured so fielded a severely under strength side. Eagles still looked quite slick in passages and I saw enough to suggest they will improve on last years finish.
Aceman
Aceman

My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:08 pm

Aceman wrote:
mickyj wrote:
Aceman wrote:

EAG - 15.9 = 109

NOR - 5.3 = 33

Obviously the Eagles needed a decent hitout with their first game a fortnight away and needing to give the players a run so played a close to full strength side. We dont have the luxury with a game in under a week, just not worth getting players injured so fielded a severely under strength side. Eagles still looked quite slick in passages and I saw enough to suggest they will improve on last years finish.

I got that as well Aceman
LAst week Eagles played with 9 or 10 outs against South and won by 7 , Norwood did the same and before 1/2 time didnt show up .
Just bored watching my eagles rampaging against no competition
To bad the Eagles season starts in two weeks so we can actually see if they have improved
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:09 am

I must say I was very impressed by Nick Hayes on Friday night...

He looks like he will be very good at this level, for the Eagles...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:46 am

Lee wrote:Second week in a row North have stopped.

What were your thoughts on the game, Phil?

For a trial, a very entertaining game, particularly in the first half...

Free-flowing, with long and direct play from the Bulldogs, and plenty of youngsters, from both sides, shining...

Wayne Milera Jnr will be a future star, no doubt about it, so keep an eye out for the number 6 in the Bulldogs team this season...

North played more a controlling posession game but, bar Darren Shillabeer with 5 first half goals (he loves playing the Dogs - kicked 7 on debut against them last year) the Roosters lacked scoring power in attack and from the midfield...

But, North still have some fire-power to return to their line-up so didn't take too much into that. Daniel Kulikowski is going to have a great year in the midfield for the Roosters and will certainly surprise a few opposition sides...

The Dogs lesser-know recruits may surprise as well, with Tom Stevens and Chris Jansen very impressive through the midfield and across half back while country recruit Jesse Kemp is a big lump of a lad who finds the ball, takes a good grab and uses it well. May take a little while to get his fitness levels up to SANFL standard, though...

The Dogs may just surprise a few, with their younger, quciker, more direct style of play in 2015. That being said, I think this will yet another difficult year to predict the challengers, below Norwood, this year...

Going to be a great season of SANFL, for mine...

Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by IAmTheWarrior Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:59 pm

In Adelaide for family reasons this week- might even head out to the Ponderosa tomorrow for the Eags v Centrals trial game. (Won't be taking my own car- I'm sure Elizabeth hasn't changed that much). ;-)
IAmTheWarrior
IAmTheWarrior

Teams : Woodville (now WWT), Crows, Strathfieldsaye Storm and Sunshine Kangaroos

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:27 pm

IAmTheWarrior wrote:In Adelaide for family reasons this week- might even head out to the Ponderosa tomorrow for the Eags v Centrals trial game.  (Won't be taking my own car- I'm sure Elizabeth hasn't changed that much). ;-)

How Original !!!:
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by IAmTheWarrior Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:45 am

Sorry to offend BP but being a northern suburbs girl I'm perfectly happy to make jokes about Elizabeth. Centrals supporters back in the old days had very good senses of humour- as demonstrated by their publication "Brendan Maguire......" (Was quite good??) can't remember the name. Always had a good laugh with West supporters too. Anyway- if I'm there I'll post some updates.
IAmTheWarrior
IAmTheWarrior

Teams : Woodville (now WWT), Crows, Strathfieldsaye Storm and Sunshine Kangaroos

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:59 pm

i'll introduce you two on Saturday
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by IAmTheWarrior Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:38 pm

?? I'll be back in Melbourne Sat Bayman.

22 minutes into what I assume is the last 1/4 of the twos and WWT are just up 11.11 76 to The dogs 8.5 53.

A few Eags tightening up but I've only just arrived so can't tell you anything else about the game.
IAmTheWarrior
IAmTheWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post by IAmTheWarrior Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:44 pm

Wow-Eags club song rings out over the Panderosa after a 78 to 53 win in the twos. They really want us to feel at home.
IAmTheWarrior
IAmTheWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post by IAmTheWarrior Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:29 pm

Scores locked away at 1/4 time at 2.1 13 each. To be honest I'm not really paying attention to Centrals but I can tell you that the Eags don't seem to have their rotations working as they'd like yet.
IAmTheWarrior
IAmTheWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post by IAmTheWarrior Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:04 pm

Much better start to the 2nd quarter for the Eags but they got a bit sloppy late and the Dogs came back.

Dogs 4.3 27
Eags 6.2 38
IAmTheWarrior
IAmTheWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post by IAmTheWarrior Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:58 pm

At the start of that quarter I thought the Eags were going to take control but it didn't take long for Centrals to wrest control and at 3/4 time it's Centrals 8.6 54 to Eagles 6.4 40

James Boyd has already had a shower for the Eags- he didn't seem injured though. Also- Matthew Raymond was named in the 2s but is definitely playing in the league. It's freezing here so I'm not committing to staying until the final siren!!
IAmTheWarrior
IAmTheWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post by IAmTheWarrior Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:42 pm

I piked it and left early in the last quarter but it must have been a good last 1/4 by the Eagles to finish the match 2 points behind Centrals (61 to 59). Don't know when I'll get to my next sanfl game but it was good to get out to see one during this quick trip. Back to the land of afl tomorrow - I'll be at Etihad next week.
IAmTheWarrior
IAmTheWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:43 pm

IAmTheWarrior wrote:At the start of that quarter I thought the Eags were going to take control but it didn't take long for Centrals to wrest control and at 3/4 time it's Centrals 8.6 54 to Eagles 6.4 40

James Boyd has already had a shower for the Eags- he didn't seem injured though. Also- Matthew Raymond was named in the 2s but is definitely playing in the league. It's freezing here so I'm not committing to staying until the final siren!!

I left early as well Iamwarrior too bad i have no idea who you are lol .
M Raymond was named in the seconds didnt play but did in the league .
I just wonder how serious "gods" took that game think at 3/4 time he came out of the box just before the huddle broke up .
Wondered about boyd at times he ran around like a homeless dog (pun intended) seemed no dogs player wanted to stand him.
Was nice to see the eagles versus a team that wanted to play unlike the two weeks before
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next