blueandwhite
Ben W
waddayamean
countrycousin
The Hatchet
16 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

2015 Trial Games - LIVE Updates - Page 5 Empty Re: 2015 Trial Games - LIVE Updates

Post by IAmTheWarrior Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:10 pm

Haha- we were probably within 20 metres of each other at some point last night!! I thought it was a pretty good standard game for a trial but there were clearly things that the Eags were trying to get worked out still so there's a fair bit of improvement possible. I assume the same can probably be said of the dogs who were very good in patches but equally poor in other patches.
IAmTheWarrior
IAmTheWarrior

Teams : Woodville (now WWT), Crows, Strathfieldsaye Storm and Sunshine Kangaroos
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

2015 Trial Games - LIVE Updates - Page 5 Empty Re: 2015 Trial Games - LIVE Updates

Post by mickyj Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:52 pm

IAmTheWarrior wrote:Haha- we were probably within 20 metres of each other at some point last night!! I thought it was a pretty good standard game for a trial but there were clearly things that the Eags were trying to get worked out still so there's a fair bit of improvement possible. I assume the same can probably be said of the dogs who were very good in patches but equally poor in other patches.

Spot on
Stanard of lights wasnt good for my over 50 eyes Very Happy
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:24 pm

West played Adelaide in a trial today.

Final scores:

West 14.16 to Adelaide 12.7.

Adelaide had a strong side, which included Podsiadly, Scott Thompson, Brodie Martin, Grigg, Matt Crouch and several others.

West rested Schmidt and Hartlett missed with the flu.

Put simply, West were very, very good, outplaying Adelaide most of the day, but kicking inaccurately,  The first quarter had four 'hangers' by West inside 50, with Tuck, Webb and Beech in good form.

West's new, young brigade showed a lot of class, with Snelling, Haysman and Agostino very prominent, and Turner and Watchman also playing well.

This is a different West side, even given it was a trial.  Those who have picked West in the bottom 3 should be nervous. Their ball movement was quick and decisive, their pressure was intense and, unlike past years, their discipline was exemplary,

For Adelaide, Matt Crouch racked up possessions at will and Podsiadly did as he pleased in defence. Young Keenan Ramsay kicked some goals and was also good.

Both sides rested some players after half-time, with West taking off several prominent players, including Tuck, who was brilliant in a new role as a key forward.

Oh, another thing. Adelaide nearly drafted Jonno Beech last year, but decided against it. Silly people, Beech was comfortably BOG, with 3 goals, plenty of marks and a lot of class.

He's comfortably in the best half-dozen players in the SANFL.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:55 pm

IAmTheWarrior wrote:Wow-Eags club song rings out over the Panderosa after a 78 to 53 win in the twos. They really want us to feel at home.
All home teams play the song of the winning team over their PA, both in League or Reserves...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:01 pm

Lee wrote:This is a different West side, even given it was a trial.  Those who have picked West in the bottom 3 should be nervous.
Still a long way to go, Lee and anything can happen, obviously. Time will tell, but certainly some positive sings for your mob from this morning...

Look forward to seeing how the Big Phil / Lee 'Membership Wager' unfolds, as the season progresses...

Lee wrote:Young Keenan Ramsay kicked some goals and was also good.
Not sure if you agree, Keenan is an ABSOLUTE dead-ringer for Tylor Walker in EVERYTHING he does on the field?

Lee wrote:Oh, another thing. Adelaide nearly drafted Jonno Beech last year, but decided against it. Silly people, Beech was comfortably BOG, with 3 goals, plenty of marks and a lot of class.

Totally agree. Jono proved them wrong today, but as we discussed post-game, he still has a chance to make an AFL list, especially if someone like Ian Callinan can make it after 10 years of trying.
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:03 pm

Big Phil wrote:
IAmTheWarrior wrote:Wow-Eags club song rings out over the Panderosa after a 78 to 53 win in the twos. They really want us to feel at home.
All home teams play the song of the winning team over their PA, both in League or Reserves...
hmm never heard it for seconds teams coming onto the oval before . it so annoyed dogs fans near me they were yelling for it to stop Smile
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:04 pm

Lee wrote:West played Adelaide in a trial today.

Final scores:

West 14.16 to Adelaide 12.7.

Adelaide had a strong side, which included Podsiadly, Scott Thompson, Brodie Martin, Grigg, Matt Crouch and several others.

West rested Schmidt and Hartlett missed with the flu.

Put simply, West were very, very good, outplaying Adelaide most of the day, but kicking inaccurately,  The first quarter had four 'hangers' by West inside 50, with Tuck, Webb and Beech in good form.

West's new, young brigade showed a lot of class, with Snelling, Haysman and Agostino very prominent, and Turner and Watchman also playing well.

This is a different West side, even given it was a trial.  Those who have picked West in the bottom 3 should be nervous. Their ball movement was quick and decisive, their pressure was intense and, unlike past years, their discipline was exemplary,

For Adelaide, Matt Crouch racked up possessions at will and Podsiadly did as he pleased in defence. Young Keenan Ramsay kicked some goals and was also good.

Both sides rested some players after half-time, with West taking off several prominent players, including Tuck, who was brilliant in a new role as a key forward.

Oh, another thing. Adelaide nearly drafted Jonno Beech last year, but decided against it. Silly people, Beech was comfortably BOG, with 3 goals, plenty of marks and a lot of class.

I came home at about 11.30 am and thought lots of cars for a seconds game . would have walked across the road for a look instead i went for a fish Smile
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:12 pm

Westies' slick ball movement under pressure impressed me, the crow players seemed to be more bulkier than their counterparts, i suppose they should be given they'd spend more time in the gym etc
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:30 pm

mickyj wrote:
Big Phil wrote:
hmm never heard it for seconds teams coming onto the oval before . it so annoyed dogs fans near me they were yelling for it to stop Smile
I've heard it for 2's teams, before...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:21 pm

Big Phil wrote:
mickyj wrote:
Big Phil wrote:
ill pay attention at woodville this week
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:41 pm

mickyj wrote:
Big Phil wrote:
mickyj wrote:
Big Phil wrote:
Not sure I have heard it at Woodville, mate, but they may play it?

Pretty sure I have heard it at Noarlunga and obviously Elizabeth, before...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:52 pm

Big Phil wrote:
mickyj wrote:
Big Phil wrote:
mickyj wrote:
Big Phil wrote:
Not sure I have heard it at Woodville, mate, but they may play it?

Pretty sure I have heard it at Noarlunga and obviously Elizabeth, before...

Was going to say it might be a elizabeth thing they tend to announce more than other ovals .
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5