Craig Thomson

2 posters

Go down

Craig Thomson Empty Craig Thomson

Post by Lee Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:52 pm

Interesting that the Royal Commission Counsel Assisting has recommended that charges be laid against Kathy Jackson.

Kathy Jackson is the 'whistleblower' who pursued Craig Thomson.

Wonder if it will be reported as much?

Nah.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Craig Thomson Empty Re: Craig Thomson

Post by UncleHuey Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:21 pm

It comes down to public profile and the standards we expect from our elected officals I suppose.
A Member of Parliament whose responsibility includes deciding the laws by which we are governed and is accused of illegal behaviour (of which he was subsequently convicted) is more newsworthy to the public. Particularly when the government of the day was prepared to turn a blind eye because they needed his vote in parliament.
Kathy Jackson is another corrupt union official, and while it is newsworthy, it doesn't affect the same number of people so becomes less so. She will not get away without it being reported but no-one would expect the same level of coverage.
If Fred Blogs get caught embezzeling from his employer you wouldn't expect the same level of public interest.

The Royal Commission has also found it likely that Gillard did receive cash from her boyfriend and that the slush fund did pay for some of her home renovations. Despite all her denials and "I cannot recollect". Thousands of dollars of cash in an envelope, house renovations that she didn't pay for and she can't remember any of it?
She joins the ranks of Alan Bond and Carmen Lawrence with that rare disease called selective amnesia Very Happy
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:58 pm

Your 'facts' about Julia Gillard aren't correct, UH.

The 'findings' so far is just the opinion of the Counsel Assisting, Mr Stoljar. he was the one questioning Gillard.

The Commissioner will make the final judgement, which may well be quite different, so there have been no findings at all yet, except that even the 'Prosecutor' says Gillard is innocent.

Not only did she remember and rarely said she didn't recall, she said she paid it all by cheque at the time. I presume you didn't watch her evidence in full? I'd say those who think she committed any crime are the Black Knights of 'she must have done something wrong, but we're not sure what' as each time she's questioned, nothing comes up.

As for Kathy Jackson, she should be just as newsworthy. She was the 'whistleblower' about Thomson, whose crime was before he was in Parliament. He deservedly got sentenced, for what finished up as $20,000.

Kathy Jackson is potentially up for about $600K.

This is the woman who several of the current Government praised as being a 'brave, shining example'.

Thomson got front page coverage for months or years. Kathy Jackson is getting almost no coverage.

News Ltd = Limited News.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:27 pm

Innocent of corruption but likely that she did receive the money and have her renovations paid by the Union slush fund. He also called into question her actions in setting up the fund. Would you "not recall" getting thousands of dollars in an envelope?

Just because the right leaning newspapers cover aspects of the story that the ABC and Guardian don't does not mean that either is unbiased or balanced.

"Thomson got front page coverage for months or years. Kathy Jackson is getting almost no coverage."
Hardly, Jackson appears in the papers every week. What do you want? A corrupt, sitting federal MP who lied to parliament and whose vote was relied on by the government deserved to get lots of coverage.

Jackson exposed a corrupt Labour politician and the left now want her blood because she didn't turn a blind eye to corruption. It turns out that she is just another corrupt union official who hopefully will get what she deserves. Uf every corrupt union official and politician got front page coverage for the time it takes to resolve the matters there wouldn't be room for anything else.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down