Craig Thomson

3 posters

Go down

Craig Thomson Empty Craig Thomson

Post by Lee Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:46 pm

If he's guilty of the charges against him, he should pay the appropriate price when justice takes its course, but there are some very worrying things about this whole procedure.

He's an easy target to dislike and he's had screaming headlines about his guilt, but the circumstances of his arrest, with 7 police officers and the media tipped off, are very suspicious. The following procedure of strip-searching him is not 'standard procedure' in such cases and the police were forced to admit that he had not been previously asked to surrender himself to them, aas they'd previously given as a reason to justify the heavy-handed approach.

We now find that many of the charges are just ridiculous - $12.55 for petrol, FFS. Buying ice-cream, FFS.

The Financial Review (hardly a Thomson supporter) have great concerns, as per

http://afr.com/p/national/victorian_police_go_for_broke_against_tXTs4w5fUw8H3wpY56pKEL

As I said, if he's guilty, so be it, but put yourself in his position, presumably innocent until found otherwise, with the full force of the police and the media screaming your guilt and it's worrying and I thought Australia was not a country where the processes of law should be abused like this.

Whatever your views on Thomson (and they can only come from a complicit media), have a think.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Craig Thomson Empty Re: Craig Thomson

Post by The Emperor Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:59 pm

he is innocent
The Emperor
The Emperor

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:02 pm

imho it is a ''storm in a tea cup''

if the man is as guilty of all things reported he shows greater resilience than most other people have, i've actually thought that he'll end up a suicide statistic given the pressure bestowed upon him & given his body language since this all started i'd suggest he is pretty much in the clear, today at work driving around i used my bosses money & bought a coke & he was fine with that
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:04 pm

Unfortunately most people just read Rupert's headlines and make a judgement from that.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by The Emperor Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:37 am

well Rupert couldnt handle another term of labor govt
The Emperor
The Emperor

Back to top Go down