Lee
Brucetiki
Gingernuts
13 posters

:: AFL :: SA in the AFL

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

2nd Qualifying Final - Adelaide vs Sydney - Sat 8th Sept - Page 2 Empty Re: 2nd Qualifying Final - Adelaide vs Sydney - Sat 8th Sept

Post by Lee Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:10 pm

The TV coverage of the game would want to improve.

Constant replays while the game is going on and pictures from miles away.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

2nd Qualifying Final - Adelaide vs Sydney - Sat 8th Sept - Page 2 Empty Re: 2nd Qualifying Final - Adelaide vs Sydney - Sat 8th Sept

Post by Lee Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:24 pm

Commentary ver good, but whoever is choosing the pictures we're seeing is totally incompetent.

Constant change of angles, missing play while we see the coaches box or another replay, picture from miles awa.

Hopeless.

The game?

Adelaide out-coached so far.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:02 pm

Hawks v Swans GF. Cats might be an outside chance.

Crows might win next week (they won't if they dish up what they served today) but would have to face Hawthorn in Melbourne the week after...ouch!

A visit to Sam Newman's FARK Academy during the week may help.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:14 pm

bigclock wrote:We are the best side in the comp by a country mile... will walk over sydney this week, they are so far overrated its not funny. The last 2 weeks have shown what they are really like... Get ready for the prelim at footy park in 2 weeks guys! BRING IT ON!!!

Let's see if you even post this week.....
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:15 pm

sapaul wrote:Don't think Sydney will lose 3 in a row.

*bows*
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks

Back to top Go down

Post by Harpo Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:09 pm

Syd v Colling or WCE or kangeroos at ANZ stadium
Harpo
Harpo

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:19 pm

bigclock wrote:
Adelaide Hawk wrote:
bigclock wrote:We are the best side in the comp by a country mile

Yeah .... sure.

Who are better than us?

Sydney ... amongst others.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Harpo Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:23 pm

Adelaide Hawk wrote:
bigclock wrote:
Adelaide Hawk wrote:
bigclock wrote:We are the best side in the comp by a country mile

Yeah .... sure.

Who are better than us?

Sydney ... amongst others.

if Adel are the best how come syd beat them
Harpo
Harpo

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:24 pm

Sydney were sensational today. I actually think Adelaide weren't too bad today, they just lacked composure when it was needed, particularly in front of goals. One goal seven from set shots, that's not going to win you a final.

I said in the lead up that the only weakness of the Adelaide side was it's experience, 9 players were playing their first final today and that's what it looked like.

The old heads like Rutten, Doughty and Reilly played pretty well, but others didn't handle the pressure well at all. Walker was very disappointing, missed several set shots and spilled a few chest marks too. Dangerfield worked hard but I thought his disposal was poor.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:09 pm

And on top of that, Freo are playing really well against Geelong.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:12 pm

redandblack wrote:And on top of that, Freo are playing really well against Geelong.

agree, they look awesome
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:58 pm

Yes, Freo look ominous at the moment. Pav looking superb and no Talia next week. Could be looking at straight sets yet.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:59 pm

Summed up pretty well GN. Perhaps our goal kicking woes have been overlooked in the past 2 weeks with the big wins we've had, but our goal kicking was shocking against Melbourne (18 behinds) and the Gold Coast (20+ behinds).

With the way Fremantle dismantled Geelong tonight, I'm not going into Friday night's match with a great deal of confidence. If the Crows kick at goals as badly as they have the past 3 weeks, then a straight sets exit is a real possibility...

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:02 pm

it reminded me of watching Glenelg from 2 or so years ago, plenty of the ball but not putting it on the scoreboard, Adelaide's composure was non existent
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:07 pm

The boys will be better for today's experience though. Adelaide's best is still very good - they will be dead keen to make amends for today.

Can't help but think that we lack an experienced match winner though like Goodes or Pavlich.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:12 pm

That's it bayman, had plenty of footy and forward entries, just lacked the composure to make the most of it. Still plenty for Sando and the coaches to work with ahead of this weeks game. That first game is out the way now too, hopefully they'll settle a bit better for the next one.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:10 am

We'll beat Freo. Not a hope in hell the week after that though.
Paul
Paul

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:21 pm

Gingernuts wrote:Sydney were sensational today. I actually think Adelaide weren't too bad today, they just lacked composure when it was needed, particularly in front of goals. One goal seven from set shots, that's not going to win you a final.

I said in the lead up that the only weakness of the Adelaide side was it's experience, 9 players were playing their first final today and that's what it looked like.

The old heads like Rutten, Doughty and Reilly played pretty well, but others didn't handle the pressure well at all. Walker was very disappointing, missed several set shots and spilled a few chest marks too. Dangerfield worked hard but I thought his disposal was poor.

Talia had to play close to Goodes when he went forward and that meant he couldn't be the third man up elsewhere to spoil.

Mumford and Pyke did well nough against Jacobs to keep Sydneys midfielders close in and give Adelaide no room.

Shaw was completely overwhelmed while Walker, Tippett and Vince were given no room in the forward half and when they did get an opportunity they faltered.

The game played on Sydneys terms all day.

Frematle will be formidable, they play a similar style to Sydney.
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:01 pm

Yep, it's the way everyone has played against Adelaide for at least 6 weeks now and for the good sides it's worked a treat. Close up the space around the stoppages and go one on one across the rest of the ground. Ross Lyon would be rubbing his hands together I reckon.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Booney Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:55 pm

bigclock wrote:How bad were we on the weekend!!! Me and the wife left with 15mins to go! wasn't going to hang around and watch that rubbish... Walker and Tippet non existent and Goodes obviously didnt use deodorant as no one went near him in teh first half... Dangerfield needs to learn to kick before he will be a superstar everyones says he is... We will whip freo next week and then tough it out with hawks the following week

You claim to be the best team going around one day then admit to leaving with 15 minutes to and bag your guns in the same sentence.

Credibility = 0
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:04 pm

Doubt he follows Adelaide to be honest.
Paul
Paul

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:59 am

bigclock wrote:We are the best side in the comp by a country mile... will walk over sydney this week, they are so far overrated its not funny. The last 2 weeks have shown what they are really like... Get ready for the prelim at footy park in 2 weeks guys! BRING IT ON!!!

I knew there was something I was meant to remember.

Laughing
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:30 am

Booney wrote:

I knew there was something I was meant to remember.

Laughing

Now that's just shooting fish in a barrell Booney, I thought you were better than that mate. Wink
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next