Big Phil
bayman
Flag No.10
Lee
Admin
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Round 21: West v Norwood - Saturday 18 August @ City Mazda Stadium - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 21: West v Norwood - Saturday 18 August @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by testy Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:36 am

Adelaide Hawk wrote:
Scrappy wrote:Coach Bassett has done a phenomenal job only losing 2 games with the unavailability of players this season

If Norwood takes a similar line up todays line up into finals, they will struggle to win a game
If Norwood were at full strength, in my opinion, it would not matter what the size of the ground was

Spot on Scrappy, and you can add Bryce Campbell to the list of season outs as well. Yes, if we hit the finals with the 21 we had today, we'd be out in straight sets. That's not having a go at the players who were there, but at the start of the year a number of those players weren't even playing Reserves. And when you start picking your Reserves Full Back to lead the ruck in the As, you know the talent is starting to spread a little thin.

People talk of West Adelaide getting the respect they deserve, it's a pity that in the eyes of some, Norwood haven't gained an ounce of respect, even though we've had a wonderful season.

Today we lost. It was our second loss for the year. Who knows, maybe there will be a few more, that's footy. To question Norwood and say they are suspect shows a total lack of understanding of what has been going on this season. It also shows a lack of respect for West Adelaide who thoroughly deserved their win today. Size of oval had nothing to do with it.

It just makes me laugh that after 16 wins, 7 of which have been at venues other than Norwood (and some much larger than Norwood), apparently we can still only win in the confined spaces of Norwood Oval Smile

AH, Norwood certainly have my respect as they have clearly been the best side and most consistant side all year so far. I have always maintained a good side will win on any oval, no matter what size.
I am a very happy man today knowing the Bloods were good enough to beat Norwood yesterday, they are the measuring stick, but there is still a little way to go and plenty of work to be done.
testy
testy

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Round 21: West v Norwood - Saturday 18 August @ City Mazda Stadium - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 21: West v Norwood - Saturday 18 August @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by Lee Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:45 am

When Norwood beat West fairly comfortably at Norwood earlier in the year, Nathan Bassett was quoted as saying (wtte) that West were a good side. Subsequently, they've beaten West by a point and now lost by 23 points, so his judgement was pretty much on the mark then.

I think the inclusion of Petter Nelson has given West a different look. His ruckwork is good, which gives Ryan Willits great back-up, but his marking ability for a very big man up forward adds another and different dimension.

One to watch.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by mark beswick Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:58 pm

Ben Fisher, Adam Hartlett and Scott Bricknell would be in wests best 21 so it will be interesting to see who misses out after y'days performance. Webby would also be in the best 21 but his season like so many of norwood players mentioned above is over too.
mark beswick
mark beswick

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:08 pm

wolves wrote:Ben Fisher, Adam Hartlett and Scott Bricknell would be in wests best 21 so it will be interesting to see who misses out after y'days performance. Webby would also be in the best 21 but his season like so many of norwood players mentioned above is over too.

Didn't Bricknell played 2's on the weekenbd?
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:06 pm

Yes, he did, after a week's suspension.

It was pretty hard to drop anyone after beating Central easily at Elizabeth, so he had to come back through the seconds.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:17 pm

Do you think he is in the Bloods best 21, r&b?
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodnTars Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:27 pm

I'm not r&b (obviously) but I reckon he is in the 15-25 bracket where if you miss any games through suspension or injury you have to do your pennance by also coming back through the 2s. Tough but thems the brakes when you have everyone contributing every single week at the moment.

Have a feeling Ben Fisher may have to do the same next week.
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross

Back to top Go down

Post by mark beswick Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:34 pm

Ben missed owing to new sanfl concussion rule

If you are concussed, it is mandatory to miss the next week now
mark beswick
mark beswick

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:41 pm

Very good question, Phil.

I agree with BloodnTars. He would be in my best 21, but he's mainly a back flanker and we have several players fighting for that position, all pretty good players. IMO, Shannon Green has a lock on one back flank, Ben Fisher is one of my favourite players and we also have Rory Laird and Tyson Slattery around the mark.

What I like about Scott's game is his run and carry, so yes, he'd be in my best 21. It's tough, though, as I think Daniel Caire is a lot better than many AFL players and the defence also has Joel Tippett, Adam Hartlett and Ryan Ferguson as pretty fair tall defenders.

The depth is good, but we've still got a long way to go to prove we're as good as Norwood or Centrals in finals footy this year.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabre Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:55 pm

The Sermon
Here us o’ lord and raise all those poor souls tragically missing on Saturday. Please, please, we beseech you, bring them back once more unto the fold, under their beloved red and blue banner.

Father, please bless us with …… Jaryd Cachia, Darren Pfeiffer, Angus Clarke, Luke Brown, Matt Suckling, Luke Jericho, David Rodan, Josh Donohue, Tom Jonas, Patrick Levicki, Mitch Wilkins, Henry Davis, Aaron Luccon, Chase Bower, Michael Ialeggio, Kieran McGuinness, Michael Newton, Will Young, Bryce Campbell, Matt Fuller, Peter Persinos, Matt Thomas, and poor Roland Ah Chee, who has re-injured his damaged shoulder yet again. May the almighty raise our crippled masses and smite the evil AFL thieves who would defile our ‘first born’ sons, thus stealing our long awaited glory.

All Redleg faithful are ordered to attend Coopers Cathedral this week to pray for our fallen and ask the trinity’s forgiveness for whatever trespass has caused big daddy, his kid and the spook, to turn their backs on we poor sinners. As penance for any wrong-doing that has caused so much suffering, I will be holding a personal holy communion all week with my 3 sacred spirits … Jim, Johnnie and Jack. No doubt I’ll be speaking in tongues more vile than Saturday arvo. May this ‘Mass for Bass’ lead to utter delirium and erase the pain in remembering all our lost saviours (and the game).
And may the good lord have mercy on my liver !

The Lesson
Andy did his homework and took full advantage of every opportunity on offer. Well played Westies.

Hopefully divine intervention will heal at least 12 of our disciples for the next time our congregations are called to worship.
Wink
Luv,
Sabre.
Sabre
Sabre

Teams : Norwood
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by mark beswick Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:06 pm

LOL Sabre -

Ps - was the man who drank from the spiritual coopers fluid and broke his leg at your basilica (dont think your ground is big enough to be a cathedral) a Norwood supporter or was he the devil of the day?
mark beswick
mark beswick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabre Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:24 pm

wolves wrote:LOL Sabre -

Ps - was the man who drank from the spiritual coopers fluid and broke his leg at your basilica (dont think your ground is big enough to be a cathedral) a Norwood supporter or was he the devil of the day?
Laughing
Enough blasphemy!
I’ll say no more ‘wolves’, lest I summon His wrath and yet another follower is crucified !
Damn! You’ve made me remember some of Saturday again.
MORE SPIRITS !
Hic !
Round 21: West v Norwood - Saturday 18 August @ City Mazda Stadium - Page 2 4056091176
Sabre
Sabre

Teams : Norwood
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2