Last Round Bye

3 posters

Go down

Last Round Bye Empty Last Round Bye

Post by testy Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:31 pm

Just wondering what other forum members think of who should have the bye in the last round of the SANFL.

Once again it would seem, barring a huge collapse of form that the minor premier (Norwood) will have the bye in the last round. I think I am right in saying that Central Districts had the bye in the last round after finnishing minor premiers a couple of years ago. Although they did win the premiership surely it is not the ideal way of going into the finals.
Instead of having one weeks rest they have to have 2 weeks rest, which could really upset there momentum.

My solution would be to give the team that finnished bottom the year before the bye, what are your thoughts ?
testy
testy

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Last Round Bye Empty Re: Last Round Bye

Post by bayman Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:26 pm

your solution testy is spot on, it has been bandied about before but to no avail....i'm sure a team that runs bottom would love to have that problem 12 months later
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:53 pm

Didn't the SANFL start giving the last round bye to the bottom team after what Centrals had the last round bye/QF-EF 'double bye' in 2007. Seems to be the best solution, and don't understand why they stopped doing this.

Having said that Centrals didn't seem to be too greatly affected by it in 2007, nor did they seem overly affected by the 2nd-last round bye in 2004 (when they played every second week for the last 6 weeks of their year).

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down