Potential AFL delistings of ex-SANFL players

5 posters

Go down

Potential AFL delistings of ex-SANFL players Empty Potential AFL delistings of ex-SANFL players

Post by Flag No.10 Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:59 pm

With the qualification that I'm unaware of players' contract status, several ex-West players would have to be considered reasonable chances of losing their spots on AFL lists at the end of this season. Of course you still have to recruit them back to your club and fit them in your salary cap but I'm wondering if any other clubs are in similar positions.

From West,
Henry Slattery (Essendon) would be a near certainty;
Jordan Russell (Carlton) a very strong chance
Cameron Wood (Collingwood) pretty fair chance
Luke Davis (Essendon) some chance
Shane Tuck (Richmond) some chance
Brad Helbig (Richmond) some chance
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Potential AFL delistings of ex-SANFL players Empty Re: Potential AFL delistings of ex-SANFL players

Post by lachlan Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:06 pm

Flag no.9.

I agree with most of that however I think Tuck and Helbig will stay with Richmond. Tuck has been outstanding this yr
and Helbig has been injured most of the yr.

Slattery for sure will get the flick
Russell has had one break out yr however he has really struggled last 2 years. He would be trade bait
Woods is a chance to get delisted he would be a cheap buy for somebody like the Crows who don't have a genuine ruckman on their main list
other then Jacobs. Both Dowdell & Craig are rookies
Davis Im not sure but he seems to have really struggled since being drafted
lachlan
lachlan

Back to top Go down

Potential AFL delistings of ex-SANFL players Empty Re: Potential AFL delistings of ex-SANFL players

Post by BloodnTars Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:59 pm

Can't see Wood being delisted unless Collingwood recruit an established ruckman as I think it is pretty much Jolly's last year and Wood will step straight into the number 1 role. He always seems to play well when give a chance but gets dropped when Jolly comes back.
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodsasia Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:25 am

Helbig had his contract extended in his first year so he is no chance of coming back next year - not to mention that Hardwick loves the way he plays.

Will be interesting to see if the surprising extra year that Tuck received (well deserved mind you) stops him coming back to SA and the Bloods as he had planned.

Agree with Bloodntars re Wood, Pies will need him unless one of their young ruckman really jumps up in the VFL. Still some chance to a big role this year if they lose patience with Dawes.

Russell loves the Bloods and will come back I reckon, good mates with Brad Fisher as well. Henry Slattery will be interesting, foot in both camps with Dogs and Bloods, may depend on cap room, if the Gowans and others pull the pin I don't think the Bloods could compete with the Dogs so may lose another one unfortunately.

Lukey Davis is a ripper kid but was a surprise draftee really, may go either way but I reckon they may give him another year.

bloodsasia
bloodsasia

Teams : Collingwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:49 am

With Wood, I get the feeling they've made their mind up on him. I thought it was telling that when they came up against Cox and Naitanui they only played Jolly. If their plan was Wood to take over next year, I'd have thought he'd be far more established in their senior side.
Flag No.10

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:43 am

Bumping this for an update:

From West, Cameron Wood and Jordan Russell were delisted, though obviously Russell is with Collingwood now. Henry Slattery has left Essendon and is in limbo.

From Norwood, Gavin Roberts has been cut by Freo, Ben Speight cut by North Melb. and Matthew Panos has also been cut by the Bulldogs without, I believe, playing a senior game.

From the Bays, Hayden Jolly has left Gold Coast.

And from North, Matt Campbell has left North Melb.

Last edited by Flag No.9 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Flag No.10

Back to top Go down

Post by robranisgod Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:43 am

Flag No.9 wrote:Bumping this for an update:

From West, Cameron Wood and Jordan Russell were delisted, though obviously Russell is with Collingwood now. Henry Slattery has left Essendon and is in limbo.

From Norwood, Gavin Roberts has been cut by Freo, Ben Speight cut by North Melb. and Matthew Panos has also been cut by the Bulldogs without, I believe, playing a senior game.

From the Bays, Hayden Jolly has left Gold Coast.

And from Port, Matt Campbell has left North Melb.

Except that Matt Campbell is from North not Port
robranisgod
robranisgod

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:14 pm

Oops, thanks rig. Will edit accordingly.
Flag No.10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down