Cambridge Clarrie
cutterman
howthewestwaswon
erik70
Lee
Admin
12 posters

Go down

Round 14: Sturt v Norwood - Sunday 1 July @ Commander Centre Oval Empty Round 14: Sturt v Norwood - Sunday 1 July @ Commander Centre Oval

Post by Admin Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:04 pm

Round 14: Sturt v Norwood - Sunday 1 July @ Commander Centre Oval Sturt V Round 14: Sturt v Norwood - Sunday 1 July @ Commander Centre Oval Norwood_logo

Sunday 1 July
Commander Centre Oval

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

Broadcast: 5RPH

Sturt are coming off a strong win over North while Norwood are coming off an after the siren win over West. Will Sturt produce another upset at Unley, or will Norwood continue on their merry way?
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Round 14: Sturt v Norwood - Sunday 1 July @ Commander Centre Oval Empty Re: Round 14: Sturt v Norwood - Sunday 1 July @ Commander Centre Oval

Post by Lee Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:28 pm

I think Sturt are a big, big chance here.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Round 14: Sturt v Norwood - Sunday 1 July @ Commander Centre Oval Empty Re: Round 14: Sturt v Norwood - Sunday 1 July @ Commander Centre Oval

Post by erik70 Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:00 am

Should be a good game , Legs to lose Rodan to the power , Norwood by 20-25
erik70
erik70

Teams : NORWOOD ADELAIDE CROWS
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:24 am

I think Sturt can get up here. I'll back them by 1-2 goals.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal

Back to top Go down

Post by cutterman Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:55 am

Hardly worth a comment but it largely depends which Sturt decides to turn up. If we go in with the same team as last week and a good attitude I think we can push Norwood if not win. It seems that the Legs are a little bit wobbly at the moment, I've only seen a bit of the Norwood/North game but what I noticed especially in the last 1/4 was North's attack on the body. Sturt need to tackle hard and place the opposition under pressure, Norwood have great skills, skills which Sturt often lack in games.
Can't afford to lose one position around the ground.
cutterman
cutterman

Teams : Sturt
My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Cambridge Clarrie Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:39 pm

If it's wet, I don't rate us any chance. If dry, we are a very slim chance.
Cambridge Clarrie
Cambridge Clarrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:52 am

Worst Norwood side for the year by a long way. Not convinced with the replacements, Sturt have some handy ins, I would think if Sturt can't beat us this week they never will.

I will say though, Mitchell Grigg's return to the team is long over-due. How Roland AhChee couldn't make that team is beyond me.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabre Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:06 pm

Adelaide Hawk wrote:Worst Norwood side for the year by a long way. Not convinced with the replacements, Sturt have some handy ins, I would think if Sturt can't beat us this week they never will. I will say though, Mitchell Grigg's return to the team is long over-due.
How Roland AhChee couldn't make that team is beyond me.
I think Roland is still injured ‘Hawky’, I can't see him named in the ‘ressies’ either.

I must agree, that on paper, this week’s line-up is far from our strongest squad. Yes, Sturt can take advantage of us at the moment, but with so many reserves being named, we can only hope that they take full advantage of their opportunity. They must all step up, and play absolute belters this week and for the rest of the season. It has to be ‘make or break time’ for a quite few players before next year. These sentiments may surprise a few, given Norwood’s current standing in all grades, but having lifted ourselves to this level, we must never falter on the high standards and excellence now being enjoyed. We cannot waste the hard work that has been done. We must keep raising ‘the bar’.

When our missing stars come back, along with pressure from our up and coming juniors, we can’t afford to have a reserve outfit full of good players that will simply never achieve consistently brilliant league level performances. Whilst under pressure for personnel, I see the coming weeks as a win/win time for all at Norwood. The young contenders get a chance to shine, and the club has an opportunity to sort the ‘wheat from the chaff’ for coming years. Always cruel and always necessary. Those who can’t take a starring role in getting us a premiership must go.

How does that old cliché go? ………… ‘Failure is not an option’.
Smile
Luv,
Sabre.
Sabre
Sabre

Teams : Norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodnTars Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:53 pm

Adelaide Hawk wrote:Worst Norwood side for the year by a long way. Not convinced with the replacements, Sturt have some handy ins, I would think if Sturt can't beat us this week they never will.

I will say though, Mitchell Grigg's return to the team is long over-due. How Roland AhChee couldn't make that team is beyond me.

Injured his shoulder in the 2s last week. Would be very surprised to see him again this year. Looked in alot of pain.
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:56 pm

BloodnTars wrote:
Adelaide Hawk wrote:Worst Norwood side for the year by a long way. Not convinced with the replacements, Sturt have some handy ins, I would think if Sturt can't beat us this week they never will.

Injured his shoulder in the 2s last week. Would be very surprised to see him again this year. Looked in alot of pain.

Thanks for that, I didn't see the Ressies so I didn't realise. He isn't listed amongst our injured in this week's Football Budget. I couldn't believe he was dropped last week, he played really well against Glenelg and the heavy conditions would have suited his style of play.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:37 pm

The more I think about this game, the more I like Sturt's chances.

Dare I say it - "C'mon Norwood' Shocked
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:08 pm

Of course I am happy to indulge you all, but I feel it isn't going to be that simple.

I think we are 1 possibly 2 big men short of a full deck.
If the budgies release Jenkins then all is well, but that is rolling the dice too much.

On paper a better side from when they last met, yes. But still a lot of paddling before the Blues can claim head of the river.

Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodnTars Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:44 pm

Under 18s Final Score:

Norwood 8.16 64
Sturt 9.10 64
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:52 pm

Second draw in a row for Sturt.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:26 am

Not much being said about this game, maybe because it was on a Sunday, who knows.

Obviously I am delighted by the win, the players dug deep when it mattered most and managed to grab a win. Terlich must have been amazing, nearly 40 disposals from a half back flank ... almost unheard of.

I say "must have" because I wasn't there. I had a family function that meant no football for me. I spent my Saturday afternoon watching West and Port on TV, I should have been at Unley watching Norwood.

Sunday footy is the pits. We have another one this week, another next week, etc, etc. Saturday is my footy day, NOT SUNDAY!!!!

Rant over, it just annoys the hell out of me that we have to endure so many Sunday games in a season. It's crap.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldy Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:23 am

Hi Hawky, Roland dislocated his shoulder against West and would have reveled in the conditions IMO. He is not finished for the season I believe. They are monitoring his rehab and will make a decision soon.

Terlo's performance was outstanding. A real revelation this year. He has taken on McGuiness' role to perfection.
Baldy
Baldy

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:03 pm

Adelaide Hawk wrote:Terlich must have been amazing, nearly 40 disposals from a half back flank ... almost unheard of.
Nathan Bassett said in the paper today Dean was sensational and it was almost the best game of SANFL from an individual that he has EVER seen. What a great season Terlich is having for the Legs, having rejuivinated his career as a defender. I know Norwood fans had been very frustated with Dean's inconsistent performances over the last few years, yourself included AH, but must now be stoked with his transformation.
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:43 pm

I want to say this about Dean Terlich. I don't play favourites, I call it as I see it. He was recruited from Sydney and has played in the forward line with the occasional run on the ball. At times his decision making was sub standard and last season lost his place in the team. I have been very critical of him in the past.

However, I've since found out he was recruited as a defender, so why it took so long to place him in his prefered position, Bass only knows.

It's amazing what a change of position can do for a player and Terlich has taken to his new role like a duck to water. I'd even go so far as to suggest he'd be right up there for the Club Champion award, along with Jaryd Cachia.

I'm getting a copy of the game sent to me so I can take a look at it. Can't wait.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down