Round 7 - Sturt v North @ Commander Centre Oval. Saturday 5 May, 2:10pm

+4
Mongrel Punter
howthewestwaswon
bayman
Admin
8 posters

Go down

Round 7 - Sturt v North @ Commander Centre Oval.  Saturday 5 May, 2:10pm Empty Round 7 - Sturt v North @ Commander Centre Oval. Saturday 5 May, 2:10pm

Post by Admin Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:10 pm

Round 7 - Sturt v North @ Commander Centre Oval.  Saturday 5 May, 2:10pm Thumb.ashx?w=200&src=%2Flib%2FJabaAppUpload%2FJec%2FProductImages%2F265%2F634031365953463605_Sturt-FC-Logo-stick-8cmH v Round 7 - Sturt v North @ Commander Centre Oval.  Saturday 5 May, 2:10pm North

Saturday 5 May
Commander Centre Oval

Reserves: 11:15am
League: 2:10pm

Broadcast: 5RPH

Sturt are coming off a bad loss to Glenelg under the Gliderol Stadium lights while North are coming off a poor loss to Norwood under the Coopers Stadium lights. Who will come out on top in the harsh light of day?
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Round 7 - Sturt v North @ Commander Centre Oval.  Saturday 5 May, 2:10pm Empty Re: Round 7 - Sturt v North @ Commander Centre Oval. Saturday 5 May, 2:10pm

Post by bayman Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:26 pm

North couldn't beat Sturt last year so i'll tip the double blues with Duldig to kick 6 or 7
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 7 - Sturt v North @ Commander Centre Oval.  Saturday 5 May, 2:10pm Empty Re: Round 7 - Sturt v North @ Commander Centre Oval. Saturday 5 May, 2:10pm

Post by howthewestwaswon Tue May 01, 2012 9:48 pm

Sturt for me.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Mongrel Punter Thu May 03, 2012 6:16 pm

The Roosters are better than their games against Glenelg and
Norwood indicate. They lost narrowly against South when the flow of play went against
them with acknowledged incorrect umpiring decisions, probably thought they had
the game won against Glenelg before they ran onto the field after reading the
pre-season publicity about the Bays, and my spies tell me that a couple of
players chose to ignore the specially prepared team plan in the early part of
the first quarter against Norwood. They were only outscored by 7 points in the
second half when players concerned were reissued with correct mode of play, but
the damage had been done. They inflicted the 2nd highest defeat on the Eagles. Alleway and Miles are big losses, but Kerren Hall
gets another chance against Duldig, and Max Thring comes in, a renowned runner.
Surely Boras and Blee cannot have such bad outings again, and with Jimmy Allan
getting his usual 40 touches at both ends of the ground, and George Thring and
James Bennett working well, there is plenty of drive in the engine room. I’m
predicting that the Roosters will come out with all guns blazing to silence
their critics. If they don’t beat Sturt, they may as well kiss the season
goodbye. North by 30 points.
Mongrel Punter
Mongrel Punter

My club : north

Back to top Go down

Post by cutterman Thu May 03, 2012 9:21 pm

What is wrong with whatever you're posting with? Looks like Banjo Patterson wrote it?
Sturt.........hopefully.:/
cutterman
cutterman

Teams : Sturt
My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Thu May 03, 2012 9:48 pm

Probably posted from a phone?
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Mongrel Punter Thu May 03, 2012 9:56 pm

Does look like a poem doesn't it. But I wrote it in word and then pasted it in. Looked OK in preview.
Mongrel Punter
Mongrel Punter

Back to top Go down

Post by Country Cock ! Fri May 04, 2012 11:16 am

Surely, North are due to beat Sturt by now ! Rolling Eyes
Country Cock !
Country Cock !

Teams : The Cocks !

Back to top Go down

Post by Country Cock ! Sat May 05, 2012 5:27 pm

Yes finally we beat them !

Well deserved, basically led all day but should of won by more than the 12pts cheers
Country Cock !
Country Cock !

Teams : The Cocks !

Back to top Go down

Post by StrayDog Sat May 05, 2012 6:11 pm

In my view, result probably on par with where the sides are at the moment.
StrayDog

My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Mongrel Punter Sat May 05, 2012 9:28 pm

The Roosters fought it out for a well deserved win after Sturt had 3 useful AFL players dropped back to their team, whilst North's AFL players, apart from Craig, did little to contribute and actually cost the team goals. North still have an unhappy knack of gifting the opposition goals from poor decision making and skill errors. However, their second quarter was very good and if they had kicked straight (6-7), there would have been no opportunity for Sturt to get close. After key mid-fielders, G Thring (possible dislocated elbow) and Delvins (probable knee and season), left early in the 3rd quarter, North was down to 19 players, and with limited rotations. It is no wonder they looked tired as the game progressed, but still managed to dig out a win. Jimmy racked up 37 possessions and 2 goals, Bennett was strong again, Max Thring went where no one feared to tread, Ryswyk was a live wire, Hall kept Duldig goalless, Currie was great in ruck and around the ground and booted 2, and Ivens and Clisby gave drive from the backlines. But, it's time to promote the girl umpire from the reserves - at least she gets most of her calls right.
Mongrel Punter
Mongrel Punter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down