Big Phil
Ewok
Brucetiki
oldfella
BloodnTars
Admin
10 posters

Go down

Round 11: Centrals v West, Saturday 9 June @ Playford Alive Oval Empty Round 11: Centrals v West, Saturday 9 June @ Playford Alive Oval

Post by Admin Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:29 pm

Round 11: Centrals v West, Saturday 9 June @ Playford Alive Oval BulldogsLogo V Round 11: Centrals v West, Saturday 9 June @ Playford Alive Oval West_logo

Saturday 9 June
Playford Alive Oval

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

Broadcast: Life FM

Centrals are coming off a shock loss to Sturt at Commander Centre Oval while Westies are coming off a solid win over the Eagles at City Mazda Stadium. Will Centrals return to the winners circle at the comfort of their home ground, or will West Adelaide win at Playford Alive for the first time since 1999?
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Round 11: Centrals v West, Saturday 9 June @ Playford Alive Oval Empty Re: Round 11: Centrals v West, Saturday 9 June @ Playford Alive Oval

Post by BloodnTars Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:45 pm

FF: LOBBE, WILLITS, F CARUSO
HFF: SLATTERY, BRAD FISHER, BEECH
C: FIELKE, SCHMIDT, BEN FISHER
HBF: CAIRE, FERGUSON, HILL
FB: A HARTLETT, TIPPETT, GREEN
RUCK: WEBB
RUCK ROVER: MACREADIE
ROVER: J EZARD
INTERCHANGE: BIRSS, N CAURSO, LAIRD, HOMBURG, SILVERLOCK

INS: SILVERLOCK

Add Laird as an in as well

BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Round 11: Centrals v West, Saturday 9 June @ Playford Alive Oval Empty Re: Round 11: Centrals v West, Saturday 9 June @ Playford Alive Oval

Post by oldfella Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:56 pm

Westies to break another mental barrier by winning at the Ponderosa for the first time in ?????? years - not brave enough to suggest by how much but I will take a 1 point win - should be a good game to watch.
oldfella
oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:54 pm

Centrals line up, brought to you by SEW Eurodrive

http://www.cdfc.com.au/season-2012/fixtures-and-results/league/view/2012-06-09/11

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Ewok Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:36 am

Good to see Lawton in the squad, I reckon he MUST play, our forward line has been largely ineffective all year and we need a key target demanding the ball. If it's a dry day I'd have him and Henderson as the key talls and change the ruckmen in the forward pocket. And please not Evil lining up at full forward! Could be a last chance today for a few game
s for some underperforming players with some injured players eg. Nash,O'Sullivan finding touch in the magoos and the likes of Edmead and Wittwer starting to really press for a league game. I think the attitude will be much better today than last week (couldn't be much worse) and reckon we'll get up by 23pts.
Ewok
Ewok

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:05 am

oldfella wrote:Westies to break another mental barrier by winning at the Ponderosa for the first time in ?????? years - not brave enough to suggest by how much but I will take a 1 point win - should be a good game to watch.

Central have won the last 13 oit at Elizabeth against West with the Bloods last win out there coming way back in 1999 !!!
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by oldfella Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:31 am

Thanks BP
oldfella
oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Bundy Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:01 pm

Bloods by 20pts
Bundy
Bundy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bundy Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:55 pm

Sorry i meant dogs by plenty.I don't know what come ova me.LOL Sad
Bundy
Bundy

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:42 pm

FULL TIME @ PLAYFORD ALIVE OVAL

LEAGUE:

Final Scores

Central - 14.9 = 93

West - 8.8 = 56

Doggies win by 37 points

GOAL KICKERS:

Central - J.Lawton, J.Schiller 3, S.Dutschke, J.Hardy 2, J.Hannath, J.Vater, J.Boyd, B.Symes 1

West - T.Slattery, N.Caruso, B.Fisher, J.Beech, T.Silverlock, D.Webb, A.Fielke, S.Birss 1

FINAL STATS WINNERS: (Courtesy of Champion Data)

http://sanfl.championdata.com/matches/17171101/afl_summary.html

RESERVES:

Final Scores

West - 12.11 = 83

Central - 9.8 = 62

Bloods win by 21 points

GOAL KICKERS:

West - M.Rankine, N.Ahmat Watkins 3, M.Still 2, P.Nelson, S.Blesing, J.Schiller, S.Wong 1

Central - M.Westhoff 4, A.Cullen, C.Edmead, M.Claughton, C.Reichert, T.Schiller 1
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:05 pm

This wasn't a reality check, just a lesson that West will need to learn before the return bout.

Central started the game by blitzing West with pressure, run, knowhow and clean skills. That continued for most of the game, although 4 late goals by the Bloods returned the nargin to the 1/4 time deficit.

Sansbury and Symes set up Centrals from half-back and West's skills were deplorable all day, especially in contrast to the Dogs general precision.

In the end, it was a bit of a surprise that Central only kicked 14 goals.

West will be better served after the bye, with the return of Fort Caruso and Brad Crouch and the inevitable promotion of Rory Laird, who was a shining light in the Reserve's nice win.

An unfortunate note after the game was the necessity for the police to be called to curb the aggressive and threatening behaviour of some Central supporters (not representative of the vast majority) towards several West players returning to their cars after the game.

It also needs to be said that the Ladies' Cake Stall at Elizabeth is the best bargain going in the SANFL. Lovely home-made cakes at 50c each, as well as Sausage Rolls etc for a dollar.

I did my bit to support the Doggies at that stall Cool
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:10 pm

Courtesy of 'blackand red' on bloodntars.com

Westies were comprehensively beaten by a far superior team, to continue their long run of defeats at Elizabeth Oval, in cool but perfect conditions at Elizabeth today. Final score was CD 14.9 to 8.8 but the scoreline was no real indicator of the game with Westies kicking 4 goals in the last ten or fifteen minutes.

Where to start? Centrals kicked the first 6 goals of the match. At half time we had kicked only 2 goals! (CD 9.5, WA 2.5) At one point in the third Q Centrals had kicked 13 goals and were 10 goals in front! Our dominant backline looked outclassed early but regained some balance and poise as the game progressed despite being under intense pressure.

Westies were second to the ball all day. We were hesitant, slow and seemed intimidated. How many times did we kick the ball straight to a Centrals player? How many times did we drop easy marks? How many times did we kick out on the full? We were constantly under pressure while Centrals moved the ball with directness, fluency and skill. Out forward entries were dreadful as we regularly turned the ball over. Despite having more frees than the winners we gave away stupid frees with clumsy tackles, many in front of their goal. We went short and sideways all day as we struggled to create opportunities.

Twice in the first half in scrimmages on the Centrals goal line a Dogs player strolled out of the pack for a walk-in goal when we should have forced the ball over the line under pressure.

We won the rucks but our on-ballers were massacred by Centrals who took the ball from the stoppages with ease leaving West players flat-footed.

This game proved beyond all doubt that there is a huge gap in class between Norwood and Centrals and the rest of the competition. Even with all their injuries and Westies fielding close to their best team we were simply thrashed.

Fort Caruso and Rory Laird dropped out of the named team. Our best players were mainly in the backlines notwithstanding the fact that our forwards spend most of the time in our backlines! Adam Hartlett was easily our best player. Ryan Ferguson was courageous and took many marks to hold up Central’s attacks. Chris Schmidt got plenty of the ball. Nick Homburg and James Ezard had a forgettable day.

We went to Elizabeth quietly confident in our team but left shattered, such was the reality check delivered by Centrals. Next week we have the bye and we then play Norwood at home. It will be interesting to see if the selectors opt to send a strong message by bringing in form players from the 2s or if they retain the current group.

The 2s won 12.11 to 9.8.

Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:03 am

That's disappointing to hear about the incident post game with the Dogs supporters R&B, but sadly all clubs have their bad eggs.

Sturt had a fan ejected from Unley last week for trying to smuggle alcohol into the ground. It's a shame these things happen.
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by lachlan Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:28 am

It was a disppointing performance by West there worst for the yr. We were beaten badly in all factes of the game.

Think we need to forget this match and move on quickly. It did highlight that we need to recruit next yr a couple of quick outside midfielders

Im not sure why Laird played ressies after missing only one match. He has been a class act all yr.

Big march against Norwood in 2 weeks. We need to take the game on thats for sure.
lachlan
lachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:30 am

It was clear that Roy Laird had been breathing fire to the players during the week and pre-game as Centrals played possessed in the first quarter. The first 7 minutes was completely dominated by Centrals yet only had 1.1 on the board, and I was a tad concerned that the dominance wasn't going on the scoreboard. 3 minutes later, and 3 goals later, and Centrals had set their dominance up on the scoreboard as well. A further 2 goals, and Centrals had the opening 6 goals of the match, and the game was pretty much over as a contest.

To West Adelaide's credit, they didn't completely roll over and allow the game to turn into a complete rout, but they appeared to be relying on Centrals turnovers to get the ball. Centrals took the foot off the pedal in the last quarter, and West Adelaide took advantage of that kicking the last 4 goals of the game to put some respectability in the scoreboard, but the damage was done in the first quarter and Centrals took out this match by 37 points to return to the winners circle.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:15 pm

Robert Laidlaw's match report from Central's website:

BULLDOGS BACK ON TRACK

By Robert Laidlaw

Central District continued its undefeated SANFL record at Elizabeth against West Adelaide this millennium with a 37-point victory on Saturday.

A brilliant opening, where the Bulldogs kicked the game's first six goals, laid the foundation, with just the final four majors of the match from West reducing an otherwise complete domination by the home side.

As has been demonstrated over recent seasons, the Bloods play an ugly style to reduce Central's effectiveness in scoring, which, by the sparkling opening, was short-circuited.

Justin Hardy took a good mark and converted within the game's first two minutes, then Jarrod Schiller had a purple patch, kicking two goals in two minutes.

Scott Dutschke goaled 12 minutes in, then first-gamer James Lawton took a great mark and converted with his first kick in league footy, following up with another major with his second kick, with West managing its first six-pointer just before quarter time.

Leading 6-2 to 1-2 at the first break the game was all but in the bag, as the Bulldogs were playing well and are all but unbeatable at home after big openings.

Virtually every player was on song, in complete contrast to the previous week's effort against Sturt.

Westies forced the game into an arm-wrestle through the middle quarters, as the Bloods often had everyone of their players in the defensive half of the field, which made it tough for not only Central to score, but themselves.

All three of the Dogs' second term goals came in the first 13 minutes, with a drought for both sides until just before half time, when West managed its second major of the game, for the home side to lead 9-5 to 2-5.

The third quarter was similar, although Central managed four majors to two, and led 13-7 to 4-6 at the final change of ends – Brad Symes late snap the goal of the game.

Schiller kicked his third major early in the final stanza, but that was it for the Dogs, as West finished the game with the last four goals, including two into time on.

But it was a dominant performance by Central, as it beat the second-placed Bloods to climb above them.

Brad Symes was solid all game and earned best player honours, while rookie Paul Marschall was superb out of defence, with his disposal spot on, again.

The Bulldogs defence set the tone of the match with great rebound, with Eddie Sansbury on fire, especially early, while Tom Collier is a key to the backline's success.

Ricky Henderson added another dimension forward, as did Lawton, son of former player Jed Lawton, who looks a likely prospect, although he lost his footing several times.

This Saturday Central host Port Adelaide, a side the Bulldogs have currently not lost to since 2006, in an attempt to continue a record streak with victory.

Several players have been finding form in the reserves and will push for league selection, including Jay Nash, Chad O'Sullivan and Brayden O'Hara.

Central District 6.2 9.5 13.7 14.9 (93)

West Adelaide 1.2 2.5 4.6 8.8 (56)

Best: Symes, Marschall, Sansbury, Collier, Henderson, Boyd, Williams, Thomas.

Goals: Schiller 3, Lawton 3, Hardy 2, Dutschke 2, Hannath, Vater, Boyd, Symes.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down