Round 10: Centrals v Adelaide - Saturday 14 June @ Playford Alive Oval

+3
Big Phil
bayman
Brucetiki
7 posters

Go down

Round 10: Centrals v Adelaide - Saturday 14 June @ Playford Alive Oval Empty Round 10: Centrals v Adelaide - Saturday 14 June @ Playford Alive Oval

Post by Brucetiki Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:55 pm

Centrals v Adelaide

Saturday 14 June
Playford Alive Oval

League: 2:10pm

Last Week
Centrals 12.6.78 lost to Port 14.7.91 @ Alberton Oval
Adelaide 16.15.111 d Eagles 9.9.63 @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Last Time They Met
Adelaide 16.17.113 d Centrals 9.7.61 @ Playford Alive Oval

Ladder Position
Centrals 9th 2-7 43.55%
Adelaide 8th 3-6 46.58%

Both sides are coming off their best matches of the year (despite Centrals losing to Port). Will Centrals carry their momentum over from last week, or will Adelaide make it 3 wins on the trot.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 10: Centrals v Adelaide - Saturday 14 June @ Playford Alive Oval Empty Re: Round 10: Centrals v Adelaide - Saturday 14 June @ Playford Alive Oval

Post by bayman Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:42 pm

Adelaide to win a cliff hanger by 3 points
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 10: Centrals v Adelaide - Saturday 14 June @ Playford Alive Oval Empty Re: Round 10: Centrals v Adelaide - Saturday 14 June @ Playford Alive Oval

Post by Big Phil Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:45 pm

Brucetiki wrote:Both sides are coming off their best matches of the year (despite Centrals losing to Port)
I'd suspect the Dogs best game or the year was their Round 2 win over the Redlegs...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:15 pm

Adelaide by 3-4 goals.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodnTars Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:18 pm

Adelaide's only wins for the year have been on the 3 biggest grounds and that will continue this week. Will get even stronger with Henderson likely to come in.

10 goals +
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:35 pm

Central by 36
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:44 pm

Adelaide improving each week and will pick them to win here.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:19 pm

great game, the lack of discipline early in the last stanza cost Adelaide dearly, if not for two brain explosions the result would likely have been a bit different, having said that for the majority of the match Central more players were willing to work harder than their opponents

amazingly the first 4 scoring shots were points by hitting the goal post, the fourth one was a point rushed by Porplycia & over all the goal post was it 7 or 8 times, i have never seen that before......i don't know why the umpires were booed after the game i don't think they did much wrong & anyway why bother booing them after you've won the game ?
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:44 am

Agreed on all fronts, Bayman...

I actually had a go at the Dogs fans on the RPH call...

Told them to worry more about cheering their side after a great win as opposed to booing an umpire group who I also thought weren't too bad...

The only obvious decision I saw that was missed was when Goodrem went for a mark at the southern end, went to jump for the ball and clearly had one arm being pulled back and all 3 umpires missed it...

Other than that, I actually thought they were pretty good, all in all...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:13 pm

Have to agree on the umpiring - they were brave enough to pay the two crucial frees to Centrals 25m out dead in front in the last quarter, and we're generally very good (they were certainly better than the three that officiated the Adelaide v North Melbourne game last night).

All up, quite an undisciplined display from the Crows - Hartigan was allegedly abusing the crowd during the game and Brad Crouch getting reported in addition to gifting Centrals those two crucial goals in the last quarter.

Centrals, on the other hand, are on the improve. After the gallant effort last week against Port, it was great to see them grit out a win like that.

All up, quite an exciting game.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down