Adelaide Hawk
waddayamean
Sabre
Flag No.10
JAS
Admin
14 posters

Go down

Panthers v Norwood, Noarlunga, Friday NIght Empty Panthers v Norwood, Noarlunga, Friday NIght

Post by Admin Sun May 27, 2012 11:20 am

On the surface, this should be a walk in the park for the Redlegs, but it’s the sort of game that’s ripe for an upset.
Norwood are undefeated and South are struggling after a poor performance against West last start. Will the ‘Legs come with the right passion, or think they’re over the line? Will South reignite the spark that could make them a good side again?

Apart from the above, it’s hard to make a case for the Panthers, apart from a strong midfield and a potentially potent attack. That’s a good start, of course, but their weaknesses in defence and depth are there to be exploited.
On the other hand, it’s nearly impossible to fault Norwood, except the probably forlorn hope that they’re ‘due for a bad one’.

Norwood comfortably, you’d have to say.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Panthers v Norwood, Noarlunga, Friday NIght Empty Re: Panthers v Norwood, Noarlunga, Friday NIght

Post by JAS Thu May 31, 2012 5:45 pm

Our side from the club site...

CLARKE JERICHO RODAN
DONOHUE WARREN EVANS
BODE JONAS BATSANIS
SUCKLING NEWTON TERLICH
FULLER GEORGIOU L.THOMAS

RUCKS
DAWE
CACHIA
WEBBER
INTERCHANGE
BROWN
PHILLIPS
KIRWAN

INS
KIRWAN
SUCKLING
OUTS
AISH (U18)
ZORZI (INJ)

Regards
JAS
JAS
JAS

My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Panthers v Norwood, Noarlunga, Friday NIght Empty Re: Panthers v Norwood, Noarlunga, Friday NIght

Post by Flag No.10 Thu May 31, 2012 8:17 pm

For South:

Into 23: Taylor, De Visser, Ainger, Thewlis
OUT: Veide (Hip), McKernan (Quad)
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabre Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:54 am

I congratulate ‘Bass’, his other coaches and all the Norwood players for our form so far.
With key player injuries, youngsters getting a run and constant un-AFL interference, we seem to have such a different team every week. It’s nice to see the club getting wins with so many squad reshuffles, it shows good management and flexibility.

Mind you, with the calibre of players missing this week, our line-up might have to dig pretty deep to get the points.
Especially if South play a blinder. No doubt we’ll blot our copy book sometime, but hopefully not this round.
Very Happy
Sabre
Sabre

Teams : Norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:14 pm

Commiserations A Mum...and thanks for helping out with a list of player names Very Happy

Nwd…15-10-100
Sth….12-3-75

Goals
Nwd…Newton x 6, Jericho, Evans, Dawe x 2, Phillips, Donohue, Suckling
Sth….Wundke x 4, Ainger x 3, Houlihan x 2, Casley, Daniel, Otten

Quarters
Nwd…5-4...6-6...9-10...15-10-100
Sth….5-0...10-1...10-3...12-3-75

Crowd…2450

Ressies
Nwd…19-19-133
Sth….5-6-36

Regards
JAS
JAS
JAS

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Adelaide Hawk Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:16 pm

waddayamean wrote:Centrals again will be sitting back loving this. Another challenger will fall over I suspect. Norwood were challenged all night and if it wasn't for an ineffeicient South side , Norwood may have lost . Haven't lost a game the Legs and will obviously but not sure their style will produce a GF win. Long way to go though.

I'm really not sure why Central has to be discussed in a Norwood v South thread. It feels just like another site that shall remain nameless.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:41 am

Adelaide Hawk wrote:
waddayamean wrote:Centrals again will be sitting back loving this. Another challenger will fall over I suspect. Norwood were challenged all night and if it wasn't for an ineffeicient South side , Norwood may have lost . Haven't lost a game the Legs and will obviously but not sure their style will produce a GF win. Long way to go though.

I'm really not sure why Central has to be discussed in a Norwood v South thread. It feels just like another site that shall remain nameless.

waddayamean is not a Central supporter Hawky so it's not on their part that have been bought up. I think waddaymean is a Double Blues fan?
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:25 am

South must be wondering what's happened so far.

They've shown some terrific form, have several very, very, good players, have performed well at times against the top sides and just don't win often enough so far.

I suspect they need another year to keep what they have and try to improve their depth and defence.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:40 am

When you travel to Noarlunga on a Friday night in June, all that matters is you return home with the 2 premiership points. Aparently we were a little lacklustre in the first half, gave away too many frees in South's forward lines, and Bass woke them up at half time.

Great to see Juice Newton booted 6 goals, and judging from the stats sheet, a very even performance from the team.

Several people on the Norwood forum were annoyed by the ground announcer, can anyone shed some light on this?
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabre Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:33 pm

Adelaide Hawk wrote:Several people on the Norwood forum were annoyed by the ground announcer, can anyone shed some light on this?
Yes ‘AH’, a complete pain in the @rse all night. For god’s sake, we’re Australians not Yanks. We don’t need plastic enthusiasm and half-baked, razzamatazz commentary after every bloody South goal. The Panther fans know their players, we have budgets, everyone already knows who kicked the damned thing, just shut the **** up so we can hear the South crowd genuinely cheering.
Or is that the real problem? Wink Only joking. The big South Adelaide turn out in last year’s finals proves they’re out there.

Either do it right by calmly mentioning goal kickers from both sides, or just cut the cr@p altogether.
I know the bloke is just doing a job, but who’s the ‘pinhead’ responsible for this Uncle Sam garbage? For heaven’s sake, stop alienating opposition supporters who have made the long pilgrimage and just want to enjoy a game of AUSTRALIAN Rules. With those infernal bloody speakers cranked up to buggery right next to ya lug holes and Captain Friggin’ America having ‘whoop-dee-doo’ fits over every blue and white score, I can’t help wondering about the negative effect it’s having on Noarlunga crowds. AND INCOME !

When even Panther supporters start cringing with embarrassment, or not turning up at all, surely it’s time to pull the clown’s plug before EVERYONE stays away from South home games. Mind you, if the conversations I heard in the crowd are anything to go by, those speaker cables won’t remain intact if this bull**** continues.
Laughing
Luv,
Sabre.
Sabre
Sabre

Teams : Norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:56 pm

Sorry CK. You showed footage from the Norwood v South game and an incident that was reported. It shows number 15 for Norwood who is Bode, not Terlich. Terlich is number 20 Smile
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:39 pm

Sabre wrote:
Adelaide Hawk wrote:Several people on the Norwood forum were annoyed by the ground announcer, can anyone shed some light on this?
Yes ‘AH’, a complete pain in the @rse all night. For god’s sake, we’re Australians not Yanks. We don’t need plastic enthusiasm and half-baked, razzamatazz commentary after every bloody South goal. The Panther fans know their players, we have budgets, everyone already knows who kicked the damned thing, just shut the **** up so we can hear the South crowd genuinely cheering.
Or is that the real problem? Wink Only joking. The big South Adelaide turn out in last year’s finals proves they’re out there.

Either do it right by calmly mentioning goal kickers from both sides, or just cut the cr@p altogether.
I know the bloke is just doing a job, but who’s the ‘pinhead’ responsible for this Uncle Sam garbage? For heaven’s sake, stop alienating opposition supporters who have made the long pilgrimage and just want to enjoy a game of AUSTRALIAN Rules. With those infernal bloody speakers cranked up to buggery right next to ya lug holes and Captain Friggin’ America having ‘whoop-dee-doo’ fits over every blue and white score, I can’t help wondering about the negative effect it’s having on Noarlunga crowds. AND INCOME !

When even Panther supporters start cringing with embarrassment, or not turning up at all, surely it’s time to pull the clown’s plug before EVERYONE stays away from South home games. Mind you, if the conversations I heard in the crowd are anything to go by, those speaker cables won’t remain intact if this bull**** continues.
Laughing
Luv,
Sabre.

Hate to say it...but agree with you 110% Sabre.

It's bloody awful and embarrassing......I hate standing at the ground (especially with my Sturt mates) getting laughed at.

Unfortunately, there aint much I can do about it Sad
Southee
Southee

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:47 am

I think football administrators are taking a lead from AFL where they have to keep coming up with all sorts of things to keep people amused, but SANFL supporters are diehard. All they need is a seat, something to eat and drink, their budget, and a game of football in front of them. Oh, and the cheer girls before the game add a bit of glamour, but that's ALL we need.

At Norwood night games we tried lazer beams and I'm so glad they realised very quickly that it was just damned stupid.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:17 am

Adelaide Hawk wrote:I think football administrators are taking a lead from AFL where they have to keep coming up with all sorts of things to keep people amused, but SANFL supporters are diehard. All they need is a seat, something to eat and drink, their budget, and a game of football in front of them. Oh, and the cheer girls before the game add a bit of glamour, but that's ALL we need.

At Norwood night games we tried lazer beams and I'm so glad they realised very quickly that it was just damned stupid.

Agree 100% with this. Night games at Noarlunga are akin to this:

I remember last year the Crows attempted to play music after every goal. When one of the officials went on to Big Footy to ask for match-day feedback, basically every post said 'No more music', and to the clubs credit, they stopped it the following game and hasn't come back.

Given the amount of negative feedback the club has received about the 'entertainment', I'm surprised they haven't stopped it.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:22 am

Southee wrote:
Sabre wrote:

Laughing
Luv,
Sabre.

Hate to say it...but agree with you 110% Sabre.

It's bloody awful and embarrassing......I hate standing at the ground (especially with my Sturt mates) getting laughed at.

Unfortunately, there aint much I can do about it Sad

Are not the southern suburbs Americanised?? scratch

I've been to Colon-nades many a time, and seen many people walk around like they're from a gang in downtown LA...
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:17 pm

Unfortunately its nothing new at Noarlunga, its been happening for at least the last 2 seasons that I can remember and maybe even longer.

The sound of a Growling Panther after each goal they scored made me cringe, just don't see the need for it, very childish IMO. Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:23 pm

testy wrote:
The sound of a Growling Panther after each goal they scored made me cringe, just don't see the need for it, very childish IMO. Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep

I think they 'acquired' that growling panther from Penrith in the NRL - on some of the classic rugby league matches Fox Sports show, I recall seeing some of the classic matches from Penrith with the same panther growl being played on their PA system!

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:38 pm

Didn't the Western Bulldogs have a dog barking after each goal at some stage?
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:50 pm

Adelaide Hawk wrote:Didn't the Western Bulldogs have a dog barking after each goal at some stage?

Yep - back before it became fashionable. I believe the AFL banned it, yet these days they have no objection to the Brisbane Lions having a lions roar after every Brisbane Lions goal Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:06 pm

You need to be a long serving Norwood supporter to follow what Bass is about with those comments. Some of Norwood's weakest efforts back in those days were when we were travelling well. Whenever we found ourselves top of the ladder, that's when we would have a shocker. The biggest problems for Norwood back then were comfort zones. Had we been 2-5 and needing to win to keep in touch with finals, we would win it.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:33 pm

Sabre wrote:

Laughing
Luv,
Sabre.

As Southee says, its incredibly low rent and embarrassing and many of us are well and truly sick of it. Would be a good thing if South won some matches occasionally before embarking on yet another "innovation" in SANFL football....
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:54 pm

Sabre wrote:

Laughing
Luv,
Sabre.

agreed it was cringeworthy, painful & annoying, i watched a passage of play which resulted in a South goal & then this bloke on the microphone describes what just happened Rolling Eyes

i think he's a Central person as he went from ''end to end'' throughout the night Laughing Laughing

i actually thought South blew it, firstly from Sandery's stupidity (never give a sucker an even break) & in the last term we saw South hesitate etc which enabled Norwood to capatalise, had South played with the same flair & run on at all costs as they did in the 2nd term i think they would've won....i reckon Ben Warren enjoyed the night Wink
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down