Round 19: South v Norwood - Sunday 26 August @ Hickinbotham Oval

5 posters

Go down

Round 19: South v Norwood - Sunday 26 August @ Hickinbotham Oval Empty Round 19: South v Norwood - Sunday 26 August @ Hickinbotham Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:19 pm

South v Norwood
Sunday 26 August
Hickinbotham Oval

Reserves: 11:30am
League: 2:10pm

Both sides will be itching to get into the finals following this game. Who will get the win on Sunday?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 19: South v Norwood - Sunday 26 August @ Hickinbotham Oval Empty Re: Round 19: South v Norwood - Sunday 26 August @ Hickinbotham Oval

Post by UncleHuey Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:56 pm

This should be a cracker of a game. Won't affect the finals they play in the first week but both teams would like to take momentum into the finals. Norwood have been outstanding in the second half of the season to deserve top spot and I think they will win a close one by 7 points.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 19: South v Norwood - Sunday 26 August @ Hickinbotham Oval Empty Re: Round 19: South v Norwood - Sunday 26 August @ Hickinbotham Oval

Post by blueandwhite Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:05 pm

Very interesting game this one. I think the panthers can get over the line here. They must however tidy up their ball use going forward. The inclusion of Overall may help this as he leads hard and demands the footy.
Panthers by 13 points.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:16 pm

Interesting development in this game won by the Panthers
Early in the 3rd quarter Tyson Brown was injured
The game was delayed , I believe to await an ambulance

The Life FM commentary team brought up an interesting, and unknown to me, ruling that may exist and may have been used in this game
The rule as explained is that if a game is delayed by 30 minutes or more, the game can be called off, and awarded to the team that has the lead
This only applies if a game has got to at least the half time mark , or anytime after half time

South were about 15 points up at the time , and would have been awarded the match
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:07 pm

Scrappy wrote:Interesting development in this game won by the Panthers
Early in the 3rd quarter Tyson Brown was injured
The game was delayed , I believe to await an ambulance

The Life FM commentary team brought up an interesting, and unknown to me, ruling that may exist and may have been used in this game
The rule as explained is that if a game is delayed by 30 minutes or more, the game can be called off, and awarded to the team that has the lead
This only applies if a game has got to at least the half time mark , or anytime after half time

South were about 15 points up at the time , and would have been awarded the match

Correct - the rule was brought in as a result of the infamous blackout at Waverley in 1996.

It’s been applied at a SANFL once - when a blackout in the Glenelg area in 2015 saw a game between Glenelg and Adelaide finish during the final quarter. The scores were level  at the time the lights went out and the draw stood.

There was an incident at Norwood in 2011 where the rule was nearly invoked too. At the end of half time of a Norwood v Centrals match, a spectator broke their leg trying to jump the fence and an ambulance was called to attend to the spectator. The game was delayed by 25 minutes while the paramedics came and took the spectator away.

For the record Tyson Brown appeared to be in good spirits at the hospital according to a SANFL Instagram post.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:51 am

Yes Browny now recovering in hospital. Its certainly a relief after what transpired on the ground... congrats to the medical staff from both teams in attending to him. A couple of the young South trainers were visibly very upset afterwards.Not sure why the ambulance took so long to arrive., the ambos station is quite close..!The 3rd quarter went for 59 minutes.
Back to the game. Very proud of the way South went about it. Fierce forward pressure, fierce attack on the footy and some direct movement into the forward lines. Liddle , Davis & Haines were the best for South .South have now defeated every team in the finals at least once during the minor round. Looking forward to next week very much. Very Happy
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:48 pm

Great win for the Panthers. On form you can see them beating North next week
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by scott Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:20 pm

Hard to gauge the game. Definitely good to take winning form into finals. Norwood with only 35 tackles and us with only 41 indicates it was a very low-pressure, high-mark and short-chip game which is very inconsistent with how both teams have played this year. But a win is a win and our group showed tremendous character after the unfortunate incident to break away, particularly after Norwood initially kicked two quick goals to catch us mentally off guard.
scott
scott

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down