+5
Lee
UncleHuey
Thiele
spell_check
Brucetiki
9 posters

Go down

Round 9: Port v West - Sunday 11 June @ Alberton Oval Empty Round 9: Port v West - Sunday 11 June @ Alberton Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:33 pm

Port v West
Sunday 11 June
Alberton Oval

Reserves: 11:30am
League: 2:10pm

It's one of the form teams of the comp against the remaining winless side in the competition. Will it be as ugly as expected, or will West pull off a miracle?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 9: Port v West - Sunday 11 June @ Alberton Oval Empty Re: Round 9: Port v West - Sunday 11 June @ Alberton Oval

Post by bayman Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:44 pm

West are going to win one soon but it won't be this week, I fear a 20 goal margin in favour of the power reserves, unless they start experimenting after halftime again this week
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 9: Port v West - Sunday 11 June @ Alberton Oval Empty Re: Round 9: Port v West - Sunday 11 June @ Alberton Oval

Post by spell_check Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:03 pm

This is the match that should be $1.01/$16 for each team...I was crazy to not at least back North for the line last week!
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:09 pm

WEST
West Adelaide will make at least two unforced changes for the match against Port at Alberton Oval on Sunday.
Former Geelong rookie Zac Bates headlines a list of four Bloods included in the 23-man squad, with Nick Favretto, Ben Klemke and Hugh Haysman all named on the extended interchange bench.
Emerging utilities Jack Evans and Josh Stevens have both been sent back to the Reserves.
League
F: Fielke, Watchman, Green
HF: Turner, Middleton, Karpany
C: Batley, K. Stevens, J. Noble
HB: Agostino, Burgess, Hill
B: Caire, Keough, Wasley-Black

R: McPherson, Schiller, Schmidt
INT: Carger, Klemke, Haysman, Bates, Favretto
IN: Favretto, Bates, Klemke, Haysman
OUT: J. Evans, J. Stevens
Reserves
Waite, Head, Pillion, J. Evans, L. Ryan, M. Noble, Iannucci, I. Johnson, Inglis, Majok, Holliday, O. Johnson, Scott, Vassallo, Male, J. Ryan, J. Stevens, Lynch, L. Evans, Bottin.
Under-18
Nunan, Eichner, Gutsche, Caruso, May, Baker, Fairlie, Crump, Walton, Smith, Milsom, Wright, Thilthorpe, Hay, Laube, Rugari, Gulliford, Kewell, Moore, Smithson, Stidiford, Rana, Secker, Satanek, Dunkin.
Thiele
Thiele

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:18 pm

West will give a contest but I can't see them getting the choccies against a full strength Power reserves. Port will win easily.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:00 pm

28-14 Port Reserves
7-12 West Adelaide

128 point win
What a mismatch it ended up being
For the West players it was like trying to climb Mt Everest with gout in both feet

Often when a side is thrashed by 128 points it is because they were in poor form
However today was much more of a case of Port Reserves being an awesome outfit
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:19 pm

bayman wrote:West are going to win one soon but it won't be this week, I fear a 20 goal margin in favour of the power reserves, unless they start experimenting after halftime again this week

my fears were sadly realized.....it was like watching high school students play against primary school students

anyone know why Steven Summerton didn't play ?
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:49 pm

Yes. He played Reserves because Port played 21 listed players in their league team.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:55 pm

bayman wrote:
bayman wrote:West are going to win one soon but it won't be this week, I fear a 20 goal margin in favour of the power reserves, unless they start experimenting after halftime again this week

my fears were sadly realized.....it was like watching high school students play against primary school students

anyone know why Steven Summerton didn't play ?

Today was more like University students playing against Kindergarten children
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan2 Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:40 pm

As a Westies Supporters it's totally unacceptable to lose by 21 goals.
Lachlan2
Lachlan2

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:50 pm

Probably not only that 21 afl listed players were in the side, but they have a core of about 10 of them that have some serious experience at AFL level.

Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:04 pm

Lee wrote:Yes. He played Reserves because Port played 21 listed players in their league team.

Thanks mate, I reckon one of the 8 clubs could persuade him to leave them now he's seen the reality of the system
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down