Round 4: Glenelg v Centrals - Saturday 29 April @ Gliderol Stadium

3 posters

Go down

Round 4: Glenelg v Centrals - Saturday 29 April @ Gliderol Stadium Empty Round 4: Glenelg v Centrals - Saturday 29 April @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by Brucetiki Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:45 pm

Glenelg v Centrals
Saturday 29 April
Gliderol Stadium

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

Centrals notched up their first win of the season, while Glenelg had their first loss of the season. Will Centrals see both teams ledgers evened after 4 rounds, or will Glenelg continue their fantastic form in their makeshift facilities down at the Bay?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 4: Glenelg v Centrals - Saturday 29 April @ Gliderol Stadium Empty Re: Round 4: Glenelg v Centrals - Saturday 29 April @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by bayman Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:31 am

Bays to win at home by about 3 or 4 goals
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 4: Glenelg v Centrals - Saturday 29 April @ Gliderol Stadium Empty Re: Round 4: Glenelg v Centrals - Saturday 29 April @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by Brucetiki Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:53 pm

I have no idea what was going through the Dogs players mind in that last quarter. First they pretty much rolled over and let Glenelg storm back into the game, then when the lead was gone they went into a total panic, with a series of panic kicks and passes. Glenelg, on the other hand just kept composed and got the job done - remarkable as it followed some absolute brain snaps in the third quarter.

For a season that promised so much for Centrals, they have failed to deliver. Despite the much heralded arrival of John Butcher, the attack is impotent. The midfield is just getting crunched week-in week-out - and that's with experienced bodies in there. Granted, our defence does well in very trying circumstances, but they can only hold the ship for so long before the floodgates open.

14 games to go this season - at this rate it could be a very long 14 games to go.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Tue May 02, 2017 12:49 pm

Good come back win by the Bays, they looked to have an extra gear in the last quarter that Centrals couldn't match. Given how much height we gave away at both ends of the ground, particularly in defence, it was a good effort.

Poor second and third quarters and we cannot rely on being able to over run opponents in the last if we play that poorly for half a game. Need to get more consistency in our game.

Butcher's confidence is shot, Agnew played on him and gave away 12cms in height yet was able to out-contest Butcher in marking contacts. Got away with a few chops I suspect but Butcher seems a shadow of the running, marking forward who was first drafted. Seems as if his poor goal kicking is now affecting his other play.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down