Round 4: Norwood v South - Friday 28 April @ Coopers Stadium

+2
blueandwhite
Brucetiki
6 posters

Go down

Round 4: Norwood v South - Friday 28 April @ Coopers Stadium Empty Round 4: Norwood v South - Friday 28 April @ Coopers Stadium

Post by Brucetiki Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:42 pm

Norwood v South
Friday 28 April
Coopers Stadium

Apologies for the very last posting of this thread. I guess it can be a post-match discussion thread Embarassed

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 4: Norwood v South - Friday 28 April @ Coopers Stadium Empty Re: Round 4: Norwood v South - Friday 28 April @ Coopers Stadium

Post by blueandwhite Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:35 pm

NWD 13.7
SA 13.11

South looked to be in control for the first 3 quarters but couldnt put Norwood away, South led by 9 pts at 3/4 time. Norwood stormed back in the last quarter, hit the front  and the game looked lost for South. With probably 20 secs left to play...enter Joel Cross.....runs onto a crumb and goals from 40m out with the worst floating helicopter youve ever seen, I think he kicked it with his shin! Game over. Laughing
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Round 4: Norwood v South - Friday 28 April @ Coopers Stadium Empty Re: Round 4: Norwood v South - Friday 28 April @ Coopers Stadium

Post by bayman Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:30 am

I'll tip South in a cliffhanger, after all they seem to be winning close games this year !!!
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:21 pm

i feel for Mitch Grigg, he had the ball on the half forward line near where the grandstand ends at the northern end & basically on the boundary line, the siren sounded & i presume he never heard it as he went short, while he was a long way out i'm sure he would have liked to have at least had a crack at it & from there you never ever know
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Mon May 01, 2017 11:44 am

Too far out on a set shot for Griggy I think Bayman. South were good for their win IMHO, both teams worked hard, but South did it that little bit longer.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon May 01, 2017 6:47 pm

Scrunch wrote:Too far out on a set shot for Griggy I think Bayman. South were good for their win IMHO, both teams worked hard, but South did it that little bit longer.

A Griggy torp after the siren, had he got onto it, might have made the distance.
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon May 01, 2017 10:47 pm

Maybe too far out, I was at the other end of the ground but the theatre of it all would have been sensational, I saw 2 games over the weekend & both decided by less than a goal, shows the evenness of the comp
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Tue May 02, 2017 12:56 pm

Good win by the Panthers, wins at the Parade are a rare occurrence.

I had picked South for a big fall this year after losing Eddy but it seems I was wrong. Overall has stepped up in a big way, Cross is a star and the team are playing for each other. Very early in the season but finals are a real possibility.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Wed May 03, 2017 10:15 am

UncleHuey wrote:Good win by the Panthers, wins at the Parade are a rare occurrence.

I had picked South for a big fall this year after losing Eddy but it seems I was wrong. Overall has stepped up in a big way, Cross is a star and the team are playing for each other. Very early in the season but finals are a real possibility.

Same here, but they looked every bit a finals worthy side the other night. I guess the question for them might be whether they have enough depth should they lose a couple to injury (I wouldn't know, but noticed they pantsed in the magoos by a Norwood that were pantsed the week before)?
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down