BloodnTars
Booney
Scrappy
Paul
William
Brucetiki
12 posters

Go down

Round 4: Norwood v Glenelg - Friday 15 April @ Coopers Stadium Empty Round 4: Norwood v Glenelg - Friday 15 April @ Coopers Stadium

Post by Brucetiki Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:27 pm

Norwood (7th 1-1 45.48%) v Glenelg (4th 1-1 59.02%)
Friday 15 April Coopers Stadium

Reserves: 4:55pm
League: 7:10pm

Both teams are coming off the bye. Norwood had the dubious honour of being the first side in nearly a year to lose to North, while Glenelg inflicted a belting on West. Who will win their 2nd game of the year?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 4: Norwood v Glenelg - Friday 15 April @ Coopers Stadium Empty Re: Round 4: Norwood v Glenelg - Friday 15 April @ Coopers Stadium

Post by bayman Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:50 am

bays will be at full strength, no excuses for us & i believe we'll win a tight contest by a couple of goals
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 4: Norwood v Glenelg - Friday 15 April @ Coopers Stadium Empty Re: Round 4: Norwood v Glenelg - Friday 15 April @ Coopers Stadium

Post by William Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:38 pm

Norwood should be able to bounce back this week, although Glenelg have started the season well, forward line looks strong to me as well as midfield.
William
William

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:56 pm

Confident that the Bays can have a rare win at the parade. We look balanced with some height and pace in attack and a stronger midfield. Only areas of concern are ruck and depending if Sellar plays, a lack of height in defence. I think the Bays by 10points
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:34 pm

There will be some entertainment just prior to this game
Rachael Leahcar will be singing
Im looking forward to seeing her perform

L
E
A
H
C
A
R

is

R
A
C
H
A
E
L

backwards

Rachael is singing for the theme of Dignity for Disability
This round is the Count Me In Round
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:35 pm

Norwood by 38
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:55 pm

Scrappy wrote:There will be some entertainment just prior to this game
Rachael Leahcar will be singing
Im looking forward to seeing her perform

L
E
A
H
C
A
R

is

R
A
C
H
A
E
L

backwards

Rachael is singing for the theme of Dignity for Disability
This round is the Count Me In Round

Leahcar is not her real surname for those that don't know, i saw her sing at Globe Derby earlier in the year & she is a very tiny girl, jockey size if you will
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:19 pm

HEAD TO HEAD

250 Games played
Norwood have won 150 times
Glenelg have won Barbara Feldon times
Draw has occurred only once between the teams

Norwood get Smart back for this game
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:27 pm

This one will be good for North fans to watch.

Alleway at one end and Johnston at the other.
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:20 pm

I just hope nobody tries to belt Lewis Hender.

Poor chap seems to be on the wrong end of unprovoked attacks often Smile
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodnTars Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:56 pm

Think you'll find Lewis is now at North, Lee.
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross

Back to top Go down

Post by Country Cock ! Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:24 pm

BloodnTars wrote:Think you'll find Lewis is now at North, Lee.

Yep he is at North and playing well !
Country Cock !
Country Cock !

Teams : The Cocks !
My club : north

Back to top Go down

Post by Country Cock ! Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:26 pm

Booney wrote:This one will be good for North fans to watch.

Alleway at one end and Johnston at the other.

Yipee, can't wait Rolling Eyes
Country Cock !
Country Cock !

Teams : The Cocks !
My club : north

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:45 pm

Of course he is. What was I thinking?

Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:09 pm

Final Scores:

Nwd 10.14 74
Glg 10.8 68

Nwd by 6 pts.
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:25 am

Lee wrote:

Of course he is. What was I thinking?

Johnson Wink
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:28 am

Lee wrote:I just hope nobody tries to belt Lewis Hender.

Poor chap seems to be on the wrong end of unprovoked attacks often  Smile

they tell me the Lewis Johnson Wink cut out situated in the race at Norwood got a pounding in a recent underage match when players were about to run out, that race has seen some ''action'' in recent years, i'm sure you'll remember one or two of them Lee
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:34 am

the turning point of the match was the Bradley brainfade in the last term, all Bradley had to do was make a contest & get the ball to ground the only player close was Rioli some 20 metres away & the rest were miles away, with smart football that was a goal for the taking, it was a stupid decision to fly like he did, only one thing would come from it, a Norwood free & it did & not only did they go straight up & kick a goal they got a second one straight away............it was a great contest to watch & we dominated large chunks of the match yet couldn't put it on the scoreboard, scores were level at the main break but i feel in general play we should have been 4 goals up, i was totally impressed with our ferocity at the ball & the player at the ball, although it dropped a bit in the last perhaps the earlier effort took its toll......................in short proud of the effort & shattered with the loss................it must be said Bode went off injured before half time which didn't help Norwoods' structures, rotations & match ups & they played a brave game who never ever gave up either, this game was a game that can be used in advertising in just how good san-ful footy is/can be
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:07 am

I wouldn't say turning point given Norwood mostly controlled the last quarter, but it was a potentially costly moment for the Bay's who I think had enough of the play to have won, had their disposal held up a little better.

Despite the win, for mine the game smacked of one team on the way up and one on the way down. But it is only round 4, so I guess we'll wait to see how things end up.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:49 am

bayman wrote:
Lee wrote:I just hope nobody tries to belt Lewis Hender.

Poor chap seems to be on the wrong end of unprovoked attacks often  Smile

they tell me the Lewis Johnson  Wink cut out situated in the race at Norwood got a pounding in a recent underage match when players were about to run out, that race has seen some ''action'' in recent years, i'm sure you'll remember one or two of them Lee

Sure do, Bayman. Being a metre away from the 'rumble in the tunnel' was fun and giving evidence about it to the tribunal was interesting too.

My everlasting favourite bit was being called West's 'runner' in the 'Tiser. Very Happy

I'm more used to being described as 'needing a good pre-season'.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:54 am

The game continues to evolve. It's a battle between the old defensive styles and a more attacking style played by West last year and South and others now.

The defensive 'press' is the current flavour of the month, but Glenelg have a structure with several smaller, quick forwards which has real potential.

Interested in your comment, Scrunch. Glenelg are certainly on the up, but are Norwood really the opposie? Results so far indicate they're a good, average team, not world-beaters, but on the decline?
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:32 am

My personal feeling is that your post is very much on the money Lee. As I said it's only early still so I could be well off the mark, but it is certainly how I see things agreeing completely with your comment about styles - I don't believe the game is suited any longer to the battle of defences (for want of better words). Unless Johnston has a big day out I can't see how Norwood are regularly going to kick 13+ goals. That said, their round 1 form was good enough to beat most and challenge anyone so it's hard to identify them with any surety.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:53 am

I have a theory on Norwood, I think they play better against structured teams like port, eagles, south etc than they do other teams like North, I borrowed a dvd of the recent North v Norwood match & while you can't see everything on tv I've come to the opinion mentioned above as North didn't structure up but went one on one & then ran off Norwood when getting a turnover
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:49 pm

bayman wrote:I have a theory on Norwood, I think they play better against structured teams like port, eagles, south etc than they do other teams like North, I borrowed a dvd of the recent North v Norwood match & while you can't see everything on tv I've come to the opinion mentioned above as North didn't structure up but went one on one & then ran off Norwood when getting a turnover

Interesting you say that Bayman. I spoke with someone recently (who is quite heavily involved at Norwood) and they are also wondering similarly, if they are more vulnerable against teams that don't have as many similarities to their style of football. Jury is still out, but thus far it appears it might be a credible theory. Big test for Ben Warren to see if he can address it over the course of the season.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:02 pm

Good game of footy. Disappointed that we lost but happy with the effort shown. The boys kept at the footy for the whole game and never dropped their heads.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum