Scrappy
blueandwhite
9 posters

Go down

Cap on AFL listed players Empty Cap on AFL listed players

Post by Lee Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:46 am

SANFL Media Release

SANFL caps the number of AFL listed players in Finals
SANFL will introduce a maximum player limit of 17 AFL listed players in SANFL finals for both Adelaide Football Club (AFC) and Port Adelaide Football Club (PAFC), commencing in season 2017.

This cap will apply regardless of whether the AFL Team is in the AFL Finals. There will be no cap on AFL-listed players throughout the Minor Round.

This limit has been introduced following the completion of the annual review of AFL Club licence agreements and the match conditions under which they compete in the SANFL competition.

Previously there has been no cap on the number of AFL-listed players available for selection throughout the finals series, though finals eligibility criteria have and will continue to apply.

The annual review of the terms and conditions of the AFC and PAFC licences involved submissions and consultation from SANFL and AFL Clubs.

Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Cap on AFL listed players Empty Re: Cap on AFL listed players

Post by Flag No.10 Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:22 pm

Well if the thinking behind that is that we don't really want the AFL teams at full strength in finals, because we don't really want them to win a SANFL Premiership, what sort of competition is that?
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:32 pm

1 rule for about %80 of the season, then a different rule for the rest of it. Yes, that makes plenty of sense Rolling Eyes
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:37 pm

It is like trying to keep altering the rules to negate a flawed system that can never be corrected.

...at least whilst we have to suffer the afl teams existing in the competition.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:26 pm

mmm...Just wondering if this rule could be applied retrospectively.... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:32 pm

Scrunch wrote:1 rule for about %80 of the season, then a different rule for the rest of it. Yes, that makes plenty of sense Rolling Eyes

sounds like Shield cricket (5 day final)

having them ''too strong'' ''too weak'' or ''about on par'' are all morally wrong

having them full strength is WRONG
having them handicapped is WRONG
having them in the competition is WRONG
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:29 pm

Scrunch wrote:1 rule for about %80 of the season, then a different rule for the rest of it. Yes, that makes plenty of sense Rolling Eyes

Agree
They should be allowed to pick as many in finals as during the season
If the 2 AFL reserves teams are injury free , this means some players who have played most of the year might end up being sidelined in finals
So if they are injury free it means they will be potentially at fool strength not full strength
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by RODH2 Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:43 pm

What club do YOU support waddayamean?
RODH2
RODH2

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:07 pm

waddayamean wrote:I have read posters on sites say they should be capped and many said it after last years finals. Once again a bunch of whingers on sites. Thankfully these sites represent a minute minority of the total supporter base. I am against the AFL reserves but if they are in just suck it up . I think you will find last year was one out of the box as the Crows had most available.
Can't SANFL supporters on these sites just support their clubs and stop whinging ?

I don't see why anyone should be under an obligation to accept something that they have previously opposed. The problem (like the objections) doesn't go away simply by accepting it. And change is brought about by voicing concerns. It would be a pretty passionless supporter who opposed the introduction of the AFL teams and then said nothing about it once they were admitted.
As for these sites representing a minute minority of the total supporter base, you can't possibly know that. What we do know though is that the vast majority who post about the SANFL online are vehemently opposed to this set up.
Flag No.10

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:13 pm

Yes I would agree with that F10.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:56 pm

Perhaps it's the most passionate who don't attend those games?

Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:48 pm

Lee wrote:Perhaps it's the most morally principled who don't attend those games?

edited for accuracy Wink
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:17 am

waddayamean wrote:Then you would really have to question their passion. That is not passionate at all. Shocked

That could be the problem though - SANFL diehards have lost their passion, or are seriously losing it because of the convoluted nature of the competition now.

I understand the adapt or die mentality and "deal with it" approach, but many have dealt with it by finding an alternative to a competition that they deem as just plain unfair. The SANFL and clubs knew this was a huge risk, but took the punt (well most of them) in the hope the new clubs would revitalize the competition and attendance.

That they couldn't see the AFL clubs have a different need from their involvement, and their priority would be different, was short-sighted and will have a permanently damaging affect.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:16 am

waddayamean wrote:
There are thousands of SANFL supporters and certainly not thousands of posters on SANFL sites .  I never said anyone was under an obligation to accept it but it is used as an excuse for many topics on footy. Change is part of life . The only constant is change .Its a pretty passionless supporter who doesn't go to games because of that decision.

Yes but you don't know what those thousands of SANFL supporters think.
And you are saying people should accept the changes and stop "whingeing". I don't see why they should, it's an ongoing problem.
Flag No.10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down