BloodnTars
8 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

SHEFFIELD SHIELD 2016-2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: SHEFFIELD SHIELD 2016-2017

Post by Scrappy Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:38 pm

UncleHuey wrote:
Scrappy wrote:
The 4 day formula, of attacking batting, and having enough time to bowl sides out has worked for 2 seasons in a row under coach Jamie Siddons
Prob need to be more accountable and patient with their batting in a 5 day format

Does anything think its right to play a SS final over a max of 5 days ?
I ask the question as every other game all season is played over a max of 4 days

At a neutral venue 4 days should be fine. But before this series the top finishing team hosted the final and if it was a 4 day final all they needed to do was to prepare a flat wicket and bat for a draw.

What about playing all SS games a max of 5 days ?
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

SHEFFIELD SHIELD 2016-2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: SHEFFIELD SHIELD 2016-2017

Post by bayman Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:36 pm

Scrappy wrote:
UncleHuey wrote:
Scrappy wrote:
The 4 day formula, of attacking batting, and having enough time to bowl sides out has worked for 2 seasons in a row under coach Jamie Siddons
Prob need to be more accountable and patient with their batting in a 5 day format

Does anything think its right to play a SS final over a max of 5 days ?
I ask the question as every other game all season is played over a max of 4 days

At a neutral venue 4 days should be fine. But before this series the top finishing team hosted the final and if it was a 4 day final all they needed to do was to prepare a flat wicket and bat for a draw.

What about playing all SS games a max of  5 days ?

That would ruin a tradition & cricket is built on traditions, i wouldn't change it personally & financially it would be way too costly with an extra nights accommodation & food for players & staff over the entire season, furthermore as we all know they made the final a 5 day final to help prevent the home side batting ''forever'' & giving the away side no chance whatsoever
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3