Round 21: Sturt v North - Sunday 21 August @ Peter Motley Oval

4 posters

Go down

Round 21: Sturt v North - Sunday 21 August @ Peter Motley Oval Empty Round 21: Sturt v North - Sunday 21 August @ Peter Motley Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:55 pm

Sturt (3rd 12-4 55.12%) v North (9th 4-13 46.47%)
Sunday 21 August
Peter Motley Oval

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

Sturt are fighting for the minor premiership while North have completely fallen away. Will Sturt keep the battle for the minor premiership a 3 way battle, or will North find a way to win once again?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 21: Sturt v North - Sunday 21 August @ Peter Motley Oval Empty Re: Round 21: Sturt v North - Sunday 21 August @ Peter Motley Oval

Post by bayman Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:45 am

Sturt by plenty & arrest their recent slide, lets say the Blues' by 54 points
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 21: Sturt v North - Sunday 21 August @ Peter Motley Oval Empty Re: Round 21: Sturt v North - Sunday 21 August @ Peter Motley Oval

Post by countrycousin Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:55 pm

Apologies for not posting recently. I've had a few other things going on, and haven't been really focused on footy this year. I've even missed quite a few games, even though my team has been going well.
Sturt v North yesterday was one of those up and down games. Sturt were on a roll early, but then North got their game going, with strong tackling and hard running, and the Blues became a bit ragged. We picked up again in the third quarter, and were looking comfortable at 3/4 time. But North were very strong in the last and looked like they were going to grab the win. But the Sturt boys just found enough at the end to hang on. Credit to North, they're a better side than their position on the ladder suggests.
countrycousin
countrycousin

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by rocket_rooster Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:43 am

countrycousin wrote:Apologies for not posting recently. I've had a few other things going on, and haven't been really focused on footy this year. I've even missed quite a few games, even though my team has been going well.
Sturt v North yesterday was one of those up and down games. Sturt were on a roll early, but then North got their game going, with strong tackling and hard running, and the Blues became a bit ragged. We picked up again in the third quarter, and were looking comfortable at 3/4 time. But North were very strong in the last and looked like they were going to grab the win. But the Sturt boys just found enough at the end to hang on. Credit to North, they're a better side than their position on the ladder suggests.
North have lost 7 games by less than 15 points this year and 4 by a goal or less. Is that just bad luck or is there something missing to lose so many close games and to not win any.
A couple of Bay friends of mine are adamant North are the best side they saw this year. A bit over the top but their two efforts against Glenelg were fantastic. They never got close to that form in any other games.
rocket_rooster
rocket_rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:14 pm

North played very well at the bay, but over the season the best two teams i've seen is South & Woodville West Torrens & i'm of the strong belief that they'll play off in the grand final, time will tell with that
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down