UncleHuey
Cambridge Clarrie
blueandwhite
goddy11
countrycousin
Brucetiki
11 posters

Go down

Round 22: Sturt v Glenelg - Saturday 27 August @ Peter Motley Oval Empty Round 22: Sturt v Glenelg - Saturday 27 August @ Peter Motley Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:10 pm

Sturt (2nd 13-4 56.36%) v Glenelg (7th 6-11 46.58%)
Saturday 27 August
Peter Motley Oval

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

Sturt are off to the Qualifying final, while Glenelg's inconsistent year will end after Saturday. Will Glenelg end the season with a win, or will Sturt go into the finals in winning form?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 22: Sturt v Glenelg - Saturday 27 August @ Peter Motley Oval Empty Re: Round 22: Sturt v Glenelg - Saturday 27 August @ Peter Motley Oval

Post by countrycousin Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:52 pm

Winning form is good form, as the old saying goes, and obviously we'd like to be able to carry that into the finals. Scraping home against North has given us breathing space in our list management. We had 3 vital players who didn't play on Sunday viz. Osborn, Riley and Fraser Evans. It will be interesting to see how we line up next Saturday.
countrycousin
countrycousin

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Round 22: Sturt v Glenelg - Saturday 27 August @ Peter Motley Oval Empty Re: Round 22: Sturt v Glenelg - Saturday 27 August @ Peter Motley Oval

Post by bayman Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:04 am

Looks like we'll be blooding kids again so unless Sturt rest half their team in what is a dead rubber to them, then we'll get killed again, 10 goals minimum
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:16 am

Yeah I don't know Bayman.

Without disrespecting North's effort, Sturt didn't help their cause with such unnecessary indirect play in the backline. It was extraordinary in how poor it was executed.

You'd think you could hit a target 40m clear of anyone, but nearly every backwards, sideways effort was turned over.

If that continues next week, any side will get a sniff of a kill and go for it.

Whenever we went forward with purpose, a chance at goal more often than not resulted.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:06 am

It would be a shame if Glenelg play the hard physical game like they played against the Eagles in a dead rubber.
goddy11
goddy11

Teams : crows,ealges,
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:44 pm

I'm ok with it if they don't. Wink
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:51 pm

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:I'm ok with it if they don't. Wink

Im ok with it if they do!!\ Very Happy
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:22 pm

blueandwhite wrote:

Status Quo either way really.
Blues v Panthers in a fortnight?
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:35 pm

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:
blueandwhite wrote:

Status Quo either way really.
Blues v Panthers in a fortnight?

Again and again
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cambridge Clarrie Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:43 am

countrycousin wrote:Winning form is good form, as the old saying goes, and obviously we'd like to be able to carry that into the finals. Scraping home against North has given us breathing space in our list management. We had 3 vital players who didn't play on Sunday viz. Osborn, Riley and Fraser Evans. It will be interesting to see how we line up next Saturday.

If they're good to go, then surely they must play. Wouldn't want Reilly in particular coming straight back in for a final...

I'd like to think that we can use this game to get back to our ruthless best with a full quota of first pick players.
Cambridge Clarrie
Cambridge Clarrie

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:32 pm

goddy11 wrote:It would be a shame if Glenelg play the hard physical game like they played against the Eagles in a dead rubber.

they'll play exactly the same way, the youngsters will have a crack & after half time get worn down by the bigger bodies (presuming Sturt go in with their best available line up, then they'll win comfortably)

so goddy11 what is wrong with playing a ''hard physical game'' ? looking at the bigger picture, i was happy with what i saw last week
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:56 pm

Sturt will win this one and I will join Lee in hating Unley Oval.

Woodall is stiff, how was that bump worth 4 weeks, it is a joke.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by killer Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:20 pm

???
what the hell happened
killer
killer

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:37 pm

bays wanted it more in the last quarter & i think Sturt cruised a bit thinking of next week, the draw probably a fitting result in the end
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:50 pm

3/4 TIME
ST 11-13
GL 9-5

GL had scored 4-3 to a ST point to lead
ST 11-14
GL 13-8

Battersby scored a goal to tie up the match at the 24 minute mark
ST 12-14
GL 13-8

Did either team have genuine opportunities to win after that goal ?
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:53 pm

no, was probably 15 seconds left at tops
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:26 pm

Probably the shortest quarter was the last. Didn't go much beyond 25 mins.

I don't think we cruised Bayman, I think we have seriously lost the plot.
Did the Bays sense panic in our group. I reckon so and marched on relentlessly.
This was the exactly same as last week against North. It is worrying leading into finals.

If Mattner cannot address this very quickly, we are likely to be out in straight sets.
On the plus side we should get some midfield grunt and hardness with Osborn and Riley back.

Jack Halbert's words after the game were, we will be butchered if we play such indirect and turnover ridden footy.

Vitkunis seems to have found his mojo since switching from Sturt to the Bays.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:42 pm

i think 20 points up & having most of the answers in the first three terms, they were in cruise mode thinking about next week, then we got two in a row had a sniff & lifted intensity & Sturt took a long time to switch back on, only getting a break late in the match that saved it from a loss, it may be a blessing in disguise though..........a few of my Sturt mates i stood with were saying the same as you, that being ''straight sets'' they thought Riley is back this week & Osborn the week after.........i've thanked my Sturt mates personally but there was three men standing in front of a bench when i needed to sit down a couple of times during the last quarter & i was having pains & dizziness, those three looked at me when i sat down & i said ''i'm not feeling well that's all'' & they wanted to know if they could help, i said ''no it's ok my mates are keeping an eye on me'' & one of them said ''we'll move forward to give you some air'' so publicly i'd thank those three hoping at least one of them reads this & can let them know whatever it was i'm back to 100%....i think i know what it was/is but i'll keep that to myself
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by scott Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:18 pm

bayman wrote:no, was probably 15 seconds left at tops
Good call.

Battersby's goal happened at 24:23 (clock stops).

Centre bounce at 25:05 (ie time back on). There was a ball up called at 25:17 (clock still ran) and full time siren at 25:21.

So 16 seconds left after the goal. Very short quarter after Q1 went 29:12, Q2 28:44 and Q3 27:46.
scott
scott

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum