+5
bayman
rocket_rooster
UncleHuey
waddayamean
Brucetiki
9 posters

Go down

Round 15: North v Eagles - Saturday 9 July @ Prospect Oval Empty Round 15: North v Eagles - Saturday 9 July @ Prospect Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:49 pm

North (6th 4-8 48.92%) v Eagles (2nd 9-2 60.78%)
Saturday 9 July
Prospect Oval

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

A massive 5 wins separates the 4 ladder positions between the Eagles and North (and the Eagles have a game in hand too). Will North cause a big upset at home, or will the Eagles set North further adrift.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 15: North v Eagles - Saturday 9 July @ Prospect Oval Empty Re: Round 15: North v Eagles - Saturday 9 July @ Prospect Oval

Post by bayman Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:18 pm

Eagles will chalk up another comfortable win as they march forward to the grand final & this week will win by 6 or 7 goals
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 15: North v Eagles - Saturday 9 July @ Prospect Oval Empty Re: Round 15: North v Eagles - Saturday 9 July @ Prospect Oval

Post by mickyj Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:24 pm

Hopefully the Eagles keep winning
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by mickyj Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:41 pm

EAGLES
Eagles defender Jake Summerton could play his first IGA League match in three years when his side tackles North at Prospect Oval on Saturday.
Summerton, who last appeared at League level in Round 13 2013, has been included as cover for injured co-captain Pat Giuffreda, who will miss one match with a slight hamstring strain.
The Yorke Peninsula product has been named on the extended interchange bench with fellow inclusion Jared Petrenko, who was rested with general soreness against the Bloods last Saturday.
Star midfielder James Boyd will play his 150th IGA League match after making his debut with South Adelaide in 2007.
Defender Jake Von Bertouch will play his 50th IGA League match.
League
F: Rowland, Redden, Poole
HF: Gaffney, Wundke, Haylock
C: O’Brien, Hall, Jarrad
HB: Goldsworthy, Whittlesea, Allmond
B: P. Raymond, Thompson, Von Bertouch

R: Borholm, N. Hayes, Boyd
INT: Lewis, Petrenko, Summerton, McGregor
IN: Petrenko, Summerton
OUT: Giuffreda (hamstring)

Reserves
F: Jolly, Raikiwasa, Comitogianni
HF: Woods, Firns, Press
C: Stengle, B. Ellis, Westbrook
HB: G. Ellis, Cox, Sinor
B: Elsworthy, Heinjus, Batle
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:09 pm

Eagles fairly comfortably I think.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:45 pm

bayman wrote:Eagles will chalk up another comfortable win as they march forward to the grand final & this week will win by 6 or 7 goals

the forecast if correct may help North, i think it'll be a lot closer than first thought given those conditions
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:13 pm

I have no clue how the Eagles won that game and yes I was there
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by robranisgod Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:41 pm

mickyj wrote:I have no clue how the Eagles won that game and yes I was there

Today was a microcosm of North's season. Other than the debacle against Central in Round One and the second quarter of North's loss to Port in the third game of the year, North have been in every other game, but are unable to win a close one.

The Eagles were inaccurate today and North kicked some fluke goals but North did look to be the superior side for much of the day. The inability of a forward to take a clean mark probably cost North.

robranisgod
robranisgod

Back to top Go down

Post by rocket_rooster Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:52 pm

robranisgod wrote:

Today was a microcosm of North's season. Other than the debacle against Central in Round One and the second quarter of North's loss to Port in the third game of the year, North have been in every other game, but are unable to win a close one.

The Eagles were inaccurate today and North kicked some fluke goals but North did look to be the superior side for much of the day. The inability of a forward to take a clean mark probably cost North.

A good summary. Even though the Eagles were inaccurate, I don't remember them missing any easy goals and in fact Wundke kicked a magnificent goal in the third quarter. The Eagles seemed to take a lot of shots from a long way out which were very difficult in the windy conditions.

North did seem to get the worst of the umpiring. Frees seemed to be paid in the Eagles forward line but similar indiscretions went unrewarded in the North forward lines. Apparently the online commentary alluded to this fact.

I did see one of the worst boundary umpiring decisions of my life late in the last quarter. The Eagles kicked out on the full and the ball went out of bounds well inside the forward 50, probably about 40 metres from goal. The boundary umpire never marked the spot, but the bald umpire who went to the Laurie Argent school of "Look at me, look at me" umpiring ran in and set the mark at about 60 metres from goal. Spina took the kick therefore about 65 metres from goal and was never going to score. If the shot had been taken from the 40 metre mark as it should have been it would have been a difficult but not impossible shot especially with the wind. Even an Eagles supporter near me thought that decision was a disgrace.

I hope the SANFL have the balls to show it on the Weekly Washup. I am not saying it cost North the game. It at best would have only tied the score but we expect better than that from the umpires.
rocket_rooster
rocket_rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:09 pm

rocket_rooster wrote:
robranisgod wrote:

A good summary. Even though the Eagles were inaccurate, I don't remember them missing any easy goals and in fact Wundke kicked a magnificent goal in the third quarter. The Eagles seemed to take a lot of shots from a long way out which were very difficult in the windy conditions.

North did seem to get the worst of the umpiring. Frees seemed to be paid in the Eagles forward line but similar indiscretions went unrewarded in the North forward lines. Apparently the online commentary alluded to this fact.

I did see one of the worst boundary umpiring decisions of my life late in the last quarter. The Eagles kicked out on the full and the ball went out of bounds well inside the forward 50, probably about 40 metres from goal. The boundary umpire never marked the spot, but the bald umpire who went to the Laurie Argent school of "Look at me, look at me" umpiring ran in and set the mark at about 60 metres from goal. Spina took the kick therefore about 65 metres from goal and was never going to score. If the shot had been taken from the 40 metre mark as it should have been it would have been a difficult but not impossible shot especially with the wind. Even an Eagles supporter near me thought that decision was a disgrace.

I hope the SANFL have the balls to show it on the Weekly Washup. I am not saying it cost North the game. It at best would have only tied the score but we expect better than that from the umpires.

I think North had a very good run with holding the ball . Seems the umpires in the stand yelling ball for north and umpires paid it .
More funny and in norths favour two north players holding the ball on the bottom of a pack yet the umpire blew his whistle holding the ball free to north .  That happened right in front of me . And throwing the ball to an Eagles player not on the full not a 25 funny .
But I think what hurt North two back men taking Wundke head high in the goal square . He went off with the blood rule I've seen online it stopped bleeding 20 mins after the siren .
Really that cost North but is it the umpire or was it careless footy ,
And if North won or it was a drawn game reason would be bad footy by the Eagles .

mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by rocket_rooster Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:28 pm

That free occurred because Wundke slipped. It was bad luck for the North defenders, from where I sat it didn't look to be a lack of skill. What was so frustrating is that within 30 seconds the ball went to the other end, the same thing happened to a North player and the umpire chose to call for a ball up. Inconsistent umpiring is blight on our game.
A draw would have been a fair result, but it didn't happen. Eagles won by 6 points and nothing can change that result.
The umpires who made the out of bounds mistake should be dropped but there is no guarantee that North would have goaled from the free anyway.
rocket_rooster
rocket_rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:11 am

rocket_rooster wrote:That free occurred because Wundke slipped. It was bad luck for the North defenders, from where I sat it didn't look to be a lack of skill. What was so frustrating is that within 30 seconds the ball went to the other end, the same thing happened to a North player and the umpire chose to call for a ball up. Inconsistent umpiring is blight on our game.
A draw would have been a fair result, but it didn't happen. Eagles won by 6 points and nothing can change that result.
The umpires who made the out of bounds mistake should be dropped but there is no guarantee that North would have goaled from the free anyway.
I think Wundke came off worse 20 mins after the game ended the bleeding stopped .

True about the umpires in front of me giving birth the holding the ball free when two 
north players were holding the ball under them but got the holding the ball free .
The boundary umpire on my side was throughing the ball in twenty metres in the direction of the north goal every through in .

But end result was a close game
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:22 am

When the boundary umpire threw the ball in, was the ball directed towards centre? Because that is what is supposed to happen unless they have changed that instruction
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:00 am

bayman wrote:When the boundary umpire threw the ball in, was the ball directed towards centre?  Because that is what is supposed to happen unless they have changed that instruction

Good question it seemed every time it was released it headed to the southern goal .
If it was the wind it only happened when north headed that way .
The umpire in control could have recalled the ball for whatever reason it was play on.

I guess the umpires may have dropped in standard North ruckman beat Eagles a lot .
But honestly centre bounce Redden runs in looking at the ball north ruckman rather than run walked backwards basically blocked the run in and redden ran into his back free to north . I was taught that was illegal in a centre bounce
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by William Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:37 pm

The Eagles were very lucky to get out of the game with a win, The start of the second quarter 5 goals in 8 minutes looked like we had gone to sleep, goal kicking also not great although some of this can be put down to conditions. Did anyone hear a crowd figure for this game?
William
William

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:10 pm

William wrote:The Eagles were very lucky to get out of the game with a win, The start of the second quarter 5 goals in 8 minutes looked like we had gone to sleep, goal kicking also not great although some of this can be put down to conditions. Did anyone hear a crowd figure for this game?  

i think i read 1800
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:32 pm

Looking at the replay online, and I have to say, why wasn't the boundary umpire indicating where the ball went out for that out on the full as per normal?  Yes, both players and umpires make mistakes, but that's a fairly big mistake to indicate where the free was taken from.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:37 pm

spell_check wrote:Looking at the replay online, and I have to say, why wasn't the boundary umpire indicating where the ball went out for that out on the full as per normal?  Yes, both players and umpires make mistakes, but that's a fairly big mistake to indicate where the free was taken from.
I can't recall if it's the same one who had issues throwing the ball in with the wind ,
Why didn't the field umpire step in
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:02 pm

mickyj wrote:
spell_check wrote:Looking at the replay online, and I have to say, why wasn't the boundary umpire indicating where the ball went out for that out on the full as per normal?  Yes, both players and umpires make mistakes, but that's a fairly big mistake to indicate where the free was taken from.
I can't recall if it's the same one who had issues throwing the ball in with the wind ,
Why didn't the field umpire step in

Well, yes, good question.  He just pointed to that spot. I'm actually incorrect - the boundary umpire did indicate - but the other one could have done so as well, since it went between them.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by robranisgod Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:44 pm

rocket_rooster wrote:
robranisgod wrote:

The SANFL did show it. It doesn't clearly show where the ball went out of bounds but the commentators like everyone on that side of the ground could see that Spina should have taken the kick from well inside 50. I still think that the field umpire set the mark without reference to the boundary umpire. If that is the case the field umpire should be dropped for an error in law. It used to happen in the late 1980s, especially if the field umpire missed a reportable offence.
robranisgod
robranisgod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down