Round 11: Glenelg v North - Monday 13 June @ Gliderol Stadium

+4
Country Cock !
UncleHuey
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Brucetiki
8 posters

Go down

Round 11: Glenelg v North - Monday 13 June @ Gliderol Stadium Empty Round 11: Glenelg v North - Monday 13 June @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by Brucetiki Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:43 pm

Glenelg (6th 3-5 51.01%) v North (8th 3-6 46.78%)
Monday 13 June
Gliderol Stadium

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

Glenelg had a runaway win over Port, while North were competitive at times before succumbing to South. Who will celebrate the Queens Birthday in style.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Round 11: Glenelg v North - Monday 13 June @ Gliderol Stadium Empty Re: Round 11: Glenelg v North - Monday 13 June @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by bayman Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:53 pm

the worst game Glenelg has played this year was at Prospect, i'd expect they won't look flat this time around, bays by 4 or 5 goals
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 11: Glenelg v North - Monday 13 June @ Gliderol Stadium Empty Re: Round 11: Glenelg v North - Monday 13 June @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by rocket_rooster Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:19 pm

bayman wrote:the worst game Glenelg has played this year was at Prospect, i'd expect they won't look flat this time around, bays by 4 or 5 goals

Glenelg didn't play well at Prospect for one reason and only one reason. North didn't let them.

If Max Thring returns to the North side and is sound I expect North to win. Remember he was best man on the ground easily at Prospect. If he had been available for the past three matches North have lost North certainly would have won one of them, probably would have won two of the them and possibly would have won all three.
rocket_rooster
rocket_rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:25 pm

rocket_rooster wrote:
bayman wrote:the worst game Glenelg has played this year was at Prospect, i'd expect they won't look flat this time around, bays by 4 or 5 goals

Glenelg didn't play well at Prospect for one reason and only one reason. North didn't let them.

If Max Thring returns to the North side and is sound I expect North to win. Remember he was best man on the ground easily at Prospect. If he had been available for the past three matches North have lost North certainly would have won one of them, probably would have won two of the them and possibly would have won all three.

i watch Glenelg every week & i can tell you that that day was the worst EFFORT Glenelg have put in & looked flat (no energy), in every match this year bar that one the intensity has been very good, that day it was poor, that has nothing to do with what North did that day, win lose or draw this week you'll see the EFFORT & INTENSITY a lot different to the previous meeting, just wait & see
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:57 am

The lower half of the table is a bit of a yo-yo at the moment with 6th to 9th all on 6 points. Whether those clubs can bridge the 2 game and 5 percent gap to the final five is the question.

Who out of Glenelg, North, Norwood, and Port could do it?

On the current form shown I can't see Norwood or Port getting there. Norwood has a dismal percentage which might make it hard, even if they start winning.

Glenelg and North could possibly do it, but its getting to the point in the season that Adelaide and Central would almost need to fall over completely for that to happen.

Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:41 pm

Likely to be one game between 5th & 6th after the weekend in my opinion as I think the eagles are morals to beat Central so it probably isn't as clear cut as you first thought
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:26 pm

The Bays will win this one at home if they can play 4 quarters instead of switching off for one. Losing Bradley hurts but Earl and Proud are good inclusions. The Bays by 20 points
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by Country Cock ! Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:00 pm

Cum on u Cocks ! Rolling Eyes
Country Cock !
Country Cock !

Teams : The Cocks !
My club : north

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:06 pm

Completely & utterly outclassed in all facets of the game today
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Country Cock ! Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:51 pm

bayman wrote:
rocket_rooster wrote:

i watch Glenelg every week & i can tell you that that day was the worst EFFORT Glenelg have put in & looked flat (no energy), in every match this year bar that one the intensity has been very good, that day it was poor, that has nothing to do with what North did that day, win lose or draw this week you'll see the EFFORT & INTENSITY a lot different to the previous meeting, just wait & see

Yeah right, BOOM BOOM !
Great Thrashing Cockaleeeechies Round 11: Glenelg v North - Monday 13 June @ Gliderol Stadium 506203483
Country Cock !
Country Cock !

Teams : The Cocks !
My club : north

Back to top Go down

Post by rocket_rooster Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:35 pm

bayman wrote:
rocket_rooster wrote:

I don't like to gloat but I just waited and saw. I have to repeat, Glenelg didn't play well at Prospect for one reason and one reason only. North didn't let them.

Same again today.
rocket_rooster
rocket_rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:47 pm

a tremendous effort by the number 7 trainer for North & the number 3 trainer for Glenelg today, a gentleman collapse in the outer approximately where the 50 metre arc is, i'm not a medical expert so i stayed out of their way but all i heard was a big thud into the fence while i was reading, i immediately thought it was the ball before i notice this gentleman laying under the seats in the gutter, help was called for & the two trainers were there almost immediately, one stayed with the man & the other went to get help & then both stayed there until he was eventually put on a stretcher & taken to hospital................well done to those two people & i hope the gentlemen recovers quickly
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:01 pm

North were very impressive today, Glenelg looked flat and lacked some leadership, certainly missing Andrew Bradley...

Super impressive effort from Sam De Leonardis...

Had 28 touhces in the 2's last week, came in today and had about the same, but kicked 4 goals, as well...

North have the potential to push hard for the top five...

Looked to be a reasonably good crowd, at a guess about 4,000
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:33 pm

waddayamean wrote:Reasonable crowd which is good. Mind you if Glenelg play like that then people will continue to stay away. I am struggling with the thought process of some so called passionate supporters . When Glenelg were very good under Mickan their supporters were very vocal and arrogant but some of those have just wiped their club . It is ridiculous.

I think North are a good team but was hard to tell unfortunately.

As poor as Glenelg were, you can't not help but be impressed with some individual North performances today...

De Leonardis was great, as I mentioned earlier, McKenzie continued his great first year at the Roosters while I thought Mitch Harvey, with 5 goals, played his best game for the Roosters since being cut as a Power Rookie...

Alex Spina has been one of North's most improved players this year and set up plenty of play from the back half, while Tom Schwarz has been a great 'mid-season' recruit...

Veteran Leigh Ryswyk played one of his best games for the season, young defenders Sam Wundke and Callum Wilkie continue to impress and Stephen Tahana did a great shut-down job on a disappointing Willie Rioli...

Not too many winners for the Tigers, but I thought Matthew Snook was okay while Terry Milera had some classy moments while Brad Agnew and Riley McFarlane were okay...

Having seen Glenelg last week impress against Port, their effort today was very disappointing...

Again, they lacked leadership on-field and really missed skipper Andrew Bradley...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:39 pm

BP, I'm surprised you couldn't find room for Virgin ? for the record i thought Scott was clearly Glenelgs' best player over the four quarters
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by rocket_rooster Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:43 pm

bayman wrote:BP, I'm surprised you couldn't find room for Virgin ? for the record i thought Scott was clearly Glenelgs' best player over the four quarters

James Craig was the player I thought should have been mentioned. He has always been a good tap ruckman as evidenced by his 48 hit outs today, mostly to advantage. He is starting to improve in his winning of the ball though. Six marks in a game isn't startling for some Knock ruckman but Craig would have struggled to get to that figure in a season in previous years and to get the 6 marks and kick a goal today was a marked improvement. The general consensus around me was that he was b.o.g. His bullocking set up De Leonardis, Virgin, Schwartz and even McKenzie.
rocket_rooster
rocket_rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:50 pm

Both James Craig and Virgin were very, very good today, indeed...

I guess I didn't mention those 2 in the earlier post as I was very complimentary of them during the broadcast...

I made mention that today was the best game I have seen James Craig play at SANFL level in the last 5 years...

Also mentioned that Virgin has taken his game to another level as a goal kicking high half forward midfielder after previously being pigeon holed as a small defender in the past...

Agree on Scott, as well, Bayman...

He tried hard all day, presented well and created scoring opportunities for his team mates...

For mine, he has been one of the most improved players in the competition this season and I can understand why Central chased him hard in the off-season...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:03 am

Crowd yesterday was 4,365
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by rocket_rooster Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:46 pm

Big Phil wrote:Crowd yesterday was 4,365

Disappointing crowd given Glenelg's plight, the fine albeit cold weather and the public holiday.

To show how crowds have slumped the 2006 crowd for the first Glenelg North clash was 5335
rocket_rooster
rocket_rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down