Round 11: Glenelg v Eagles, Monday 11 June @ Gliderol Stadium

+2
The Emperor
Admin
6 posters

Go down

Round 11: Glenelg v Eagles, Monday 11 June @ Gliderol Stadium Empty Round 11: Glenelg v Eagles, Monday 11 June @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by Admin Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:38 pm

Round 11: Glenelg v Eagles, Monday 11 June @ Gliderol Stadium Glenelg_logo V Round 11: Glenelg v Eagles, Monday 11 June @ Gliderol Stadium Eagles_logo

Monday 11 June
Gliderol Stadium

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

Broadcast: 5RPH

For the fourth consecutive week (if you include the state game), league football comes to Gliderol Stadium as Glenelg host the Eagles. Both sides are coming off losses - Glenelg losing to North at home while the Eagles lost to Glenelg. Will Glenelg ensure the Eagles premiership hangover continues, or will the Eagles notch up just their third win of the season?
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Round 11: Glenelg v Eagles, Monday 11 June @ Gliderol Stadium Empty Re: Round 11: Glenelg v Eagles, Monday 11 June @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by The Emperor Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:05 am

This is a grand final for both sides in regards to making finals.
The Emperor
The Emperor

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Round 11: Glenelg v Eagles, Monday 11 June @ Gliderol Stadium Empty Re: Round 11: Glenelg v Eagles, Monday 11 June @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by C.K Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:31 am

Should be an entertaining match, closer than many will predict.
C.K
C.K

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:28 pm

As I posted elsewhere, Glenelg kicked goals, Eagles kicked points.

Curran did a great job tagging Jarrad.

Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by C.K Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:46 pm

One of the more wasteful displays in front of goal I've seen for a while. Not many teams will have 29 shots at goal and still lose by 47 points. Had plenty of opportunities to put themselves in the ideal position, but the Eagles just could not nail the crucial majors when it counted.

That said, thought Byron Sumner continued his excellent last four weeks, but Glenelg had plenty of winners around the ground. Tom Logan BOG for mine, with Tom Lynch not far behind.

Umpires not well received as they left the ground.
C.K
C.K

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:21 pm

Eagles = bad kicking is bad football & of their first seven scoring shots at least 5 were fairly easy shots on goal

Bays = well after being blown away (bar for the scoreboard) in the first 12-15 minutes of the first term i felt we controlled the most part of the rest of the match, it has to be a concern that 2 weeks in a row now & at home we've been blown away at the start of the match & have fought back, now it's okay against the bottom team today but if we give Norwood & Central a start in the next 2 weeks we will get smashed, so we MUST START BETTER, our 9 goal second term was good & the start of the third with the old Panoz oh whoops Mules' (3 goals) to full forward working well & we got to a 6 goal lead & looked like running away with it, to their credit they fought back & got to within 16 points at 'lemon time' & while challenged in the last we had the answers & ran away with a 47 point win..............the next 2 weeks will be very hard but it will give us a very good indication if we've improved since we last met the two pacesetters of the competition

PLEASE do not go across goal for at least the next to weeks because both these teams we're playing will make us pay big time

well done to S.Snook (best game for the club), T.Logan was clearly the best player on the ground, i also thought Bradley, Holmes, Trembath, Mules, Tenace, Kirkby & Curran in a ''all played well' type of game
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum