William
Thiele
PhilH
mtcadel
Bundy
19 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

2016 SANFL Weekly Broadcast Information Empty 2016 SANFL Weekly Broadcast Information

Post by Admin Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:24 am

The thread to find how to follow your team on match day.

Round 2: Adelaide Reserves v Port: Channel 7

South Adelaide v Woodville/West Torrens and Glenelg v West Adelaide:

both live streamed via the SANFL App and through www.sanfl.com.au, click on the match details at the top of the page.

North Adelaide v Norwood: Life FM, 107.9
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

2016 SANFL Weekly Broadcast Information Empty Re: 2016 SANFL Weekly Broadcast Information

Post by PhilH Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:27 am

Life FM web link is www.lifefm.net as well as the SANFL App and Web Site.  
Coverage starts at 1.30pm with pregame guests and very regular score updates around the league.
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

2016 SANFL Weekly Broadcast Information Empty Re: 2016 SANFL Weekly Broadcast Information

Post by Bundy Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:43 am

PhilH wrote:Life FM web link is www.lifefm.net as well as the SANFL App and Web Site.  
Coverage starts at 1.30pm with pregame guests and very regular score updates around the league.

Thank you from the country folk.
Bundy
Bundy

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:09 am

Round 4: Central v South: Life FM 107.9

West Adelaide v Sturt and Woodville/West Torrens v North Adelaide

Both live streamed via www.sanfl.com.au or the SANFL App.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:38 pm

Round 6

Centrals v Norwood: Channel 7

South Adelaide v Adelaide and Sturt v Port: both live streamed through www.sanfl.com.au or the SANFL App

North Adelaide v Glenelg: LifeFM 107.9
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Hatchet Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:37 am

why does the league send alerts to fans on the app about the Seven telecasts but seem to act like the streaming doesn't exist? No publicity, nothing on SANFL site, nothing with app alerts, just strange
The Hatchet
The Hatchet

Back to top Go down

Post by William Thu May 05, 2016 11:00 am

I see the SANFL streaming does have a twitter account which passes on information about what games will be covered and who will be commentating.
William
William

Back to top Go down

Post by The Hatchet Sat May 14, 2016 3:59 pm

good to hear some of the best callers this round and good to hear one of the worst not calling.
The Hatchet
The Hatchet

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Sat May 14, 2016 4:22 pm

Ouch, that hurts.
PhilH
PhilH

Back to top Go down

2016 SANFL Weekly Broadcast Information Empty Continued disappointment with Channel 7's coverage

Post by mtcadel Sun May 15, 2016 2:18 pm

Hi folks,

Channel 7's SANFL choice of games to cover is bewildering given the hype given to long term SANFL supporters at the end of 2013 about how channel 7 will showcase the league and its clubs.  The statistics show this is absolute rubbish.  In a nutshell, 54% of home and away games broadcast by channel 7 for the 2014 and 2015 season showcased the two AFL reserves teams.  That is, on average over these two seasons Adelaide and / or Port Adelaide reserves sides were televised every second week or 20 out of 36 games with the other eight teams running at a much lower percentage of times shown.  This is doubly frustrating as all four Adelaide v Port Adelaide games were televised.  I understand the value in showing one of these games being played in a country zone but why both each year?

Interpretation 1.0, Channel 7 believes that showing the two AFL RESERVES sides promotes the league far better than showing the other eight NON AFL clubs League sides.

Interpretation 1.1, The SANFL, by its inaction, actually agrees with this view.

Interpretation 2.0, Channel 7 believes that the two AFL RESERVES sides are the heart and soul of the SANFL and the eight NON AFL clubs are just the support acts.

Interpretation 2.1, The SANFL, by its inaction, actually agrees with this view.

Moving to 2016.  Finding a schedule for 2016 televised games is difficult but what I have done is taken note of those games shown already and the game start times for other rounds, i.e. look for an early start via the league's app.  The statistics don't get better.  Below shows what I believe is the breakdown of televised games for 2016 as best I can make it.

Some points to consider:

• Channel 7 televises 18 home and away games in 2016, i.e. four rounds do not have a televised game

• Given that I've been unable to identify which game is being shown for 7 of 22 rounds one can deduce that only four of these rounds will actually have a game televised
    Even with 14 of 18 televised games identified, Adelaide and Port Adelaide are scheduled for 9 of the 18 games this season, i.e. 50% of televised games yet again involve one or both the two AFL reserves sides

• The only round where both Adelaide and Port Adelaide have the bye (the byes themselves are total stupidity and another issue to discuss elsewhere) happens to be the first round no game was televised

• six clubs have only one or two games being televised and even with four more televised games to be identified in the list below, this is just woeful

• from the list below, last year's premiers are televised once, in round 21!  and even if they are one of the four yet to be identified games, last year's premiers will not be shown until the mid point of the season or just prior to it

• yet again both Adelaide v Port Adelaide games will be shown this season.

• The league has requested that each of the nine SANFL teams with a home ground have two home games televised this season. Given the incomplete schedule below, the best four clubs can hope for is just these two games each while Adelaide ( the only team without a home ground) is scheduled to be televised at least six times this season.  That is, at least one game in three this season.

How is this promoting all the SANFL clubs?  How is this fair, equitable and ethical?

My question is simple, and is one the league has not satisfactorily responded to, "Why are the two AFL RESERVES teams preferred to show case the league at the expense of the eight NON AFL League teams?"  

The current scheduling does not promote the remaining eight clubs in their country zones (the two AFL teams don't have zones) nor is this fair to the supporters of these clubs who cannot get to games for a whole myriad of reasons.

Channel 7's schedule has in 2014 and 2015 and continues in 2016, the bias promotion AFL reserves teams in the SANFL competition at the expense of the non AFL clubs.  On balance each of the 10 clubs should be televised between 3 and 4 times in a 18 game home and away season.  This was not the case in 2014, not the case in 2015 and continues to not be the case in 2016.

This and other poorly thought through SANFL initiatives are not going to build the profile of the league and in fact will steer people away from it.

It appears the channel 7 SANFL schedule is to advantage Adelaide and Port Adelaide supporters, you know the 4 000 that were to swell the SANFL crowds each week when they entered the league in 2014.

The lack of ethics, lack of equity, lack of foresight and poor support for the eight non AFL clubs is worrying indeed.

Not Happy Folks.

SANFL TV games 2016

Round 1 South Adelaide vs Glenelg
Round 2 Adelaide v Port Adelaide
Round 3 Sturt v Central District
Round 4 none but Adelaide and Port Adelaide had the bye
Round 5 Glenelg v Adelaide
Round 6 Central District v Norwood
Round 7 North Adelaide v Adelaide
Round 8 Woodville West Torrens v Pt Adelaide
Round 9
Round 10
Round 11 Norwood v Adelaide
Round 12 South Adelaide vs Port Adelaide
Round 13
Round 14
Round 15
Round 16 Central District v Sturt
Round 17 Glenelg v Norwood
Round 18 Port Adelaide v Adelaide
Round 19
Round 20 Glenelg v Port Adelaide
Round 21 West Adelaide v Adelaide
Round 22

Adelaide - 6
Central District - 3
Glenelg - 4
North Adelaide - 1
Norwood - 2
Port Adelaide - 5
South Adelaide - 2
Sturt - 2
West Adelaide - 1
Woodville West Torrens - 1

Last edited by mtcadel on Sun May 15, 2016 2:38 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : grammar)
mtcadel
mtcadel

My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by scott Sun May 15, 2016 8:58 pm

Televised games to come. These can change though as we've already seen twice this season.

11 Norwood v Adelaide
12 South Adelaide v Port Adelaide (Sat) & North Adelaide v West Adelaide (Sun)
13 West Adelaide v Glenelg (Sat) & Sturt v Norwood (Sun)
14 Eagles v West Adelaide
15 West Adelaide v Port Adelaide
16 Central District v Sturt
17 Glenelg v Norwood
18 Port Adelaide v Adelaide
19 NO TELECAST - OLYMPICS
20 NO TELECAST - OLYMPICS
21 NO TELECAST - OLYMPICS
22 Norwood v Eagles

Last edited by scott on Sun May 15, 2016 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
scott
scott

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by scott Sun May 15, 2016 9:01 pm

Early starts don't necessarily mean it's a TV game - the Berri match starts at 1:10pm as there's no reserves beforehand, and quite a few of Port's league matches start at 1:40pm to enable Port supporters a little extra time to get to the AFL match afterwards.
scott
scott

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Sun May 15, 2016 9:02 pm

Are you sure Scott?

From Eagles perspective our next telecast game was v West, Sat July 2nd

Not aware July 23rd Eagles v Crows was to be telecast.

PhilH
PhilH

Back to top Go down

Post by scott Sun May 15, 2016 9:08 pm

July 2 is v West Adelaide. Left the keyword of 'West' out of West Adelaide!
scott
scott

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Sun May 15, 2016 9:10 pm

No worries ...... Laughing
PhilH
PhilH

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun May 22, 2016 9:07 am

Broadcast today:

Port v South: live streamed through www.sanfl.com.au and the SANFL App

North v Sturt: Life FM 107.9
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Sun May 22, 2016 11:34 am

Admin wrote:Broadcast today:

Port v South: live streamed through www.sanfl.com.au and the SANFL App

North v Sturt: Life FM 107.9

Live VIDEO streamed now, as well...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by The Hatchet Mon May 30, 2016 12:02 pm

No telecast again this round by 7?
The Hatchet
The Hatchet

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon May 30, 2016 6:07 pm

The Hatchet wrote:No telecast again this round by 7?

No, there isn't. Only the 18 games, plus finals, in their contract...

The Sturt v Adelaide game will be video streamed, LifeFM will be at Woodville for Eagles v Norwood, the SANFL Stream Team will be covering the South v North and Port v Glenelg game...

Unfortunately that means it is highly likely the West v Central game will not be covered...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon May 30, 2016 6:17 pm

Big Phil wrote:

The Sturt v Adelaide game will be video streamed, LifeFM will be at Woodville for Eagles v Norwood, the SANFL Stream Team will be covering the South v North and Port v Glenelg game...

Unfortunately that means it is highly likely the West v Central game will not be covered...

is it 2016 or 1916 ? perhaps Thiele could do a broadcast via morse code
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Mon May 30, 2016 7:18 pm

bayman wrote:
Big Phil wrote:

is it 2016 or 1916 ? perhaps Thiele could do a broadcast via morse code
I try my best
Thiele
Thiele

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by scott Mon May 30, 2016 8:18 pm

Big Phil wrote:

Poor Westies have drawn the short straw this year.

No TV matches so far OR even LifeFM radio coverage.

It'll turn around shortly when they're on TV for four consecutive weeks. Hopefully just in time for a turn in form.
scott
scott

Back to top Go down

Post by William Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:43 am

Seems strange not to have a game 0n for 3 weeks and then have weeks were there are 2 games on TV? Is there any reasons why games can't be on 7 durning the Olympics?
William
William

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:54 pm

William wrote:Seems strange not to have a game 0n for 3 weeks and then have weeks were there are 2 games on TV? Is there any reasons why games can't be on 7 durning the Olympics?

A combination of sending a heap of resources to Rio, and nowhere to show the footy (as the main channel and probably at least one of the secondaries will probably be wall to wall Olympics) perhaps.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next