bomber14
Lee
scott
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Footy Budget Empty Footy Budget

Post by scott Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:29 pm

Heard that this season a different Footy Budget will be produced for each individual match with the promise of more content, interviews, etc.

Given over the years the budget has seemingly declined in content, I'm looking forward to any improvement.
scott
scott

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Footy Budget Empty Re: Footy Budget

Post by bayman Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:46 pm

surely not, i know this is what they do in the AFL but surely in the local competition the cost would be too high ? so if i went to 4 of the 5 games over this weekend i'd have to buy 4 budgets, no thanks, another death knell for the history of our once great competition that they keep ruining
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:48 pm

Just a different cover, I think?
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:51 pm

why, what's the point ?
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mark beswick Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:22 pm

Are player profiles different in each issue?
mark beswick
mark beswick

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:30 pm

ok, thanks to my Norwood contact who got me tickets i went tonight, so i got the Budget tonight, DISGRACE, they gave you the normal lists as per usual for tonights match (i realize each game will have this) but for the rest of the round the players names are there but NO BLOODY ROOM to write down quarter by quarter scores, i've been saving budgets since i was a kid & if it doesn't improve i'll print out the names & make my own budget, surely having room to write quarter by quarter scores in isn't too much to ask....i used to love the SANFL & just wish they wouldn't ruin it any further which includes this
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bomber14 Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:55 am

Went tonight as well and bought it.

I assume they cut down the details for the other games so they could fit more in for the specific game?

There's only so much you can do with the amount of pages there is...
bomber14
bomber14

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:24 am

First issue and already the errors are coming out

1. They list Roy Lairds coaching record as 203-78-1. Laird has actually coached Centrals to two draws (Glenelg in 2009 and South last year).
2. They left the round 19 results of last year's Reserves ladder

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by bayman Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:11 pm

waddayamean wrote:Over 9000 at todays game.Only if the budget could get things right , might have got 15000.
Way over SANFL ( or so called) supporters complaining about everything. If you dont like it just dont go. Our competition does not need you.

so people aren't allowed to have opinions, i have an opinion & say what it is, some will agree some wont, who cares it is an opinion, the biggest blight on the game at the moment is the out of bounds rule, i know for a fact that a high ranking Norwood official has sent an email to the SANFL asking them to reconsider their decision & i'm sure other clubs will do the same & wadda if i didn't have my footy to go to i have nothing & would simply leave the planet
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:19 am

NORWOOD V PORT BUDGET

Excellent article in the budget about Scott McMahon
124 games for North Melbourne
If he plays this week , he will be on debut for Sturt
On debut at 29

Thought the articles and the journalists were quite good

There was enough detail of the players in the NW V PA game
But for the other games player information was light on
Also no stats on head to head
Little room to record scores and goal/point scorers

For what I paid, being $3-00 it was OK
However if I go to a 2nd match this round, would need to buy another budget
That would be to see who the players are in more detail
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:58 pm

Have to say I'm not a fan of the recycled paper that they're using to print the Budget this year. It has a real cheap feel to it now.

Also, they're cutting back on Budget sellers this season - and not every entrance will have a Budget stand now (Elizabeth only has sellers at two of their three entrances - the main Goodman Rd entrance and the northern entrance). Given that I assume the Budget sellers are volunteers, I don't see the logic behind this.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodnTars Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:16 pm

Apparently one of the budget sellers took off with the money he'd raised before the start of the game today. One of the gate staff had to start selling them
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:31 pm

Don't like new Budget
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by mark beswick Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:13 pm

Prefer reading about all the clubs - Would like to see us revert to the other format with more content evenif it meant paying 50cents more
mark beswick
mark beswick

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:10 pm

i went today but used Thursdays budget & it has to be a misprint because surely no one could make this mistake, for Michael Wundke it states GP 110 & GK 101

i'm not sure whether the games played is correct or not but i'll bet anything that he's kicked a lot more than 101 goals
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:39 pm

Budget has 8 tipsters
Well done by Natalie Bode
She was the only tipSTAR to select the 5 winners

Natalies men in her life have a common
Her father Terry and husband Jace are both premiership players for Norwood
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by FootyBudget Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:07 pm

Hi all,

My name’s Patrick Keam and I work with the Footy Budget, I’ve read these forums on occasion before, but have never commented. However I feel that with the conjecture about the Footy Budget above it would be good to come on and address some of your questions, complaints and suggestions.

You're the loyal fans that are the the most important part of the competition, so we value your opinion.

As many of you now know, this year the Budget is taking on a different format, with a different edition for each specific game.
This means more content for each team including player posters and Q&As.
It is being run as a trial through the first three rounds of the season in a bid to improve sales and this is obviously new ground for us so teething problems are to be expected.
We also have a small team here at the Budget with just myself, four writers, 1-2 designers and help from the SANFL (namely Zac Milbank) at our disposal.
Putting out a weekly magazine is no easy task, let alone the challenge of 5 different editions.

The Footy Budget has always been an important part of the SANFL game day experience and that is something we hope to continue.

Please leave your questions, suggestions, feedback and (hopefully constructive) criticism below and I will attempt to respond to all.
FootyBudget
FootyBudget

Back to top Go down

Post by southern bulldog Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:18 pm

Hi Patrick appreciate you coming on here to explain what is going on with the Budget my only enquiry is if there can be more articles on players rather than trivial content
southern bulldog
southern bulldog

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:22 pm

FootyBudget wrote:Hi all,

My name’s Patrick Keam and I work with the Footy Budget, I’ve read these forums on occasion before, but have never commented. However I feel that with the conjecture about the Footy Budget above it would be good to come on and address some of your questions, complaints and suggestions.

You're the loyal fans that are the the most important part of the competition, so we value your opinion.

As many of you now know, this year the Budget is taking on a different format, with a different edition for each specific game.
It is being run as a trial through the first three rounds of the season in a bid to improve sales and this is obviously new ground for us so teething problems are to be expected.
We also have a small team here at the Budget with just myself, four writers, 1-2 designers and help from the SANFL (namely Zac Milbank) at our disposal.
Putting out a weekly magazine is no easy task, let alone the challenge of 5 different editions.

The Footy Budget has always been an important part of the SANFL game day experience and that is something we hope to continue.

Please leave your questions, suggestions, feedback and (hopefully constructive) criticism below and I will attempt to respond to all.

This, Patrick, surely has to be reconsidered?

Trying to be all things to all people with limited resources can't work.

Revert to one edition for all the games, less specific content ( perhaps one Q&A per game? ) and get the basics right.

K.I.S.S.
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by FootyBudget Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:30 pm

southern bulldog wrote:Hi Patrick appreciate you coming on here to explain what is going on with the Budget my only enquiry is if there can be more articles on players rather than trivial content  

No worries at all Southern Bulldog.

I assume you mean articles like the one on Scott McMahon from Sturt in this week's edition?
In an ideal world I would love to have an article on a player from each home team each week but unfortunately due to costs (our writers are not voluntary) and space it is very difficult.

What trivial content exactly do you suggest could make way?
FootyBudget
FootyBudget

Back to top Go down

Post by FootyBudget Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:41 pm

Booney wrote:
FootyBudget wrote:Hi all,

This, Patrick, surely has to be reconsidered?

Trying to be all things to all people with limited resources can't work.

Revert to one edition for all the games, less specific content ( perhaps one Q&A per game? ) and get the basics right.

K.I.S.S.

I completely understand what you're saying Booney, and that is the point of trialling it over the first three rounds.
We understand we can't do everything with a small team but to get more people buying the Budget we felt something needed to change. Having a couple of short weeks with Easter didn't help the process so we're hoping it gets easier from here on out.
FootyBudget
FootyBudget

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next