bayman
Paul
blueandwhite
mickyj
Big Phil
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Premiership betting...sportsbet - Page 2 Empty Re: Premiership betting...sportsbet

Post by Scrunch Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:03 pm

Scrunch wrote:It's rare for teams to do what Westies did last year by going all the way a year after finishing near the foot of the ladder, so I'm not suggesting it will happen twice In 2 years - But there's usually a bolter and I reckon Sturt are a good chance to be that team. At those odds you could take them just hoping to make the 5 then back against them in finals if you wished to guarantee a profit.
Wish I'd had the courage of my convictions and taken a little slice of the $41 on Sturt Evil or Very Mad
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Premiership betting...sportsbet - Page 2 Empty Re: Premiership betting...sportsbet

Post by rocket_rooster Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:36 am

Current Sportsbet Betting :

Adelaide 3.25
Sturt 3.50
Eagles 3.50
South Adelaide 6.50
Central District 9.00
Port Adelaide 14.00
Glenelg 18.00
North Adelaide 26.00
Norwood 26.00
West Adelaide 101.00

A couple of interesting points : Firstly West should be a lot longer than 101.00. I don't think that it is now possible for them to make the five. They would have to win all 9 remaining minor round matches and pick up an incredible amount of percentage.

Also I am very surprised that Glenelg are shorter odds to win the flag than North. I certainly don't expect North to win it, but they certainly are performing better than Glenelg. Perhaps the Glenelg faithful have plunged on them hoping to win enough money to remove their debt!
rocket_rooster
rocket_rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:48 am

West have to win 9 games left in minor round [and somehow fluke 5th spot]
Then win 4 finals

13 wins in a row for $101
No thanks
Real odds of 13 in a row on a toss of a coin at $1 all up  = $8192
So if West were $2 in every game = $8192
In most games they will be far greater than $2 to win

I think the real odds for a West Premiership is about $50,000-00 +

But you never know Blacky  ,Lee , First Blood and Thiele might get highly inebriated and back them in an impaired state of mind

$26 Norwood is way too short
If they win the flag in 2016 I am a monkees aunty

The only value left is South at $6-50 as are a hope for a double chance

Glenelg have a good run home in the Minor Round
They dont have to play North Adelaide again
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:43 am

Winner comes from the top 4, and there's not much between them, so probably South the best value remaining for season 2016
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:47 am

Sturt and the Eagles the only winners from here.
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:50 am

Booney wrote:Sturt and the Eagles the only winners from here.

Premiership betting...sportsbet - Page 2 There-can-be-only-one-quote-2
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:02 pm

Scrappy, I might well get inebriated.

I'm planning a personal one-year Premiership Reunion.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:04 pm

Instead of the "Back to Back" t-shirt I was hoping to buy from the club at the end of this season Lee, will we be producing "Back to the Bottom" t-shirts?
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:46 pm

Scrunch wrote:It's rare for teams to do what Westies did last year by going all the way a year after finishing near the foot of the ladder, so I'm not suggesting it will happen twice In 2 years - But there's usually a bolter and I reckon Sturt are a good chance to be that team. At those odds you could take them just hoping to make the 5 then back against them in finals if you wished to guarantee a profit.

Not intended as a big note, but the thinking at the time was based around the quality and depth of quality, in the midfield. If a team can assemble an all-star onball unit, regardless of perceived or genuine deficiencies elsewhere, they are well and truly in the mix. Sturt have just further confirmed the theory imho.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:09 pm

Scrunostradamusch

Premiership betting...sportsbet - Page 2 1672671459
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2