Grand Final crowds (Sanfl,Vfl,Wafl)

4 posters

Go down

Grand Final crowds (Sanfl,Vfl,Wafl)  Empty Grand Final crowds (Sanfl,Vfl,Wafl)

Post by bayman Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:55 pm

ok, here are the official crowd numbers of the 3 grand finals played last week (i have no idea about crowd numbers in recent years)

SANFL 25,625

VFL    12,900

WAFL  13,094

The positive for the SANFL is that combined total of crowd numbers of the other 2 grand finals attracted 369 people more than the SANFL total......................

if we look at it the other way with the then VFA turning into the VFL & have had more changes than a babies nappy & comparing that they have about 3 times the population their crowd is ordinary to say the least, then we look at the WAFL the WAFL had its competition changed a bit earlier than we did

so with a crowd of 25,625 which is about 10,000 less than it has been in recent years, is is purely a case of two low crowd pulling clubs or is it the fact it will continue to dwindle in numbers as the infiltration continues & interest wanes ?

i suppose we'll have to wait until next year (or beyond) to find out
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Grand Final crowds (Sanfl,Vfl,Wafl)  Empty Re: Grand Final crowds (Sanfl,Vfl,Wafl)

Post by Southee Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:39 pm

We are bring told by the SANFL the low numbers is due to the poor weather .....lol
Southee
Southee

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Grand Final crowds (Sanfl,Vfl,Wafl)  Empty Re: Grand Final crowds (Sanfl,Vfl,Wafl)

Post by Flag No.10 Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:54 pm

Fans on the VFL forum are very sceptical that the crowd was that big for the GF. They seem to think many left after the TAC game.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:10 pm

I think the attendance for the SANFL Grand Final was largely attributed to have two low drawing teams, with attendances over the past 15 years or so largely based on who's playing (from mid 20ks for GF's involving the Eagles to high 30's for Port v Norwood GF).

On the plus side, our worst GF attendances are better than some of the best WAFL and VFL GF's attendances of recent years. Would be great if those that only turn up on GF day attend a few matches during the year though.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down