Steve Moore resigns

3 posters

Go down

Steve Moore resigns Empty Steve Moore resigns

Post by Ben W Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:32 pm

From the Glenelg FC,

In some disappointing news our CEO Steve Moore has decided to move on from Glenelg Football Club to enable him to spend more time with his family and further his career in other areas.
I met with Steve late Friday and he informed me that whilst he had very much enjoyed his time at the Glenelg Football Club and the challenges that he has had to manage in the two years he has been CEO, it is now important for him to spend more time with his wife Trenna and their three teenage sons Ethan, Jesse and Daniel who have considerable school and sporting commitments of their own to manage.
The role of a CEO at an SANFL Club requires committing to long hours with evening and weekend engagements, which can certainly be hard to juggle with a busy family and I certainly appreciate and respect Steve’s decision.
Steve can be proud that during his time at Glenelg the clubs financial position has improved significantly, we have rebranded the Bar and Bistro to the Glenelg Club which has been extremely successful and in the last half of this season we have seen some promising signs with our on field performance.
Steve has been an extremely loyal and hardworking CEO since being appointed to the position in September 2013 and on behalf of the Board and everyone at Glenelg Football Club I would like to thank Steve for all his hard work and commitment during his tenure and wish Steve, Trenna and their family all the success and happiness in the future.
In the interim David Whelan (Finance Director and Board Member) will be taking on the CEO role and working closely with Steve for the next 4 weeks along with our very competent management team to ensure the smooth running of both our venue and football operations.
I would also like to thank David for offering up his time and committing to this interim CEO position on short notice. His extensive business experience and knowledge will be invaluable to lead the team while we look for the best candidate to fill the permanent position.
Nick Chigwidden
President
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Steve Moore resigns Empty Re: Steve Moore resigns

Post by Lee Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:45 pm

I worked with Steve for a while and he plsyed cricket for my club, Fulham.

Good bloke, all the best, Steve.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:39 pm

He has done a good job in his time at the Bay. His communication with members and presentation at the AGM was very good.
Thanks for the hard work and all the best for the future.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down