Maloney Resigns

4 posters

Go down

Maloney Resigns Empty Maloney Resigns

Post by BloodnTars Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:23 pm

http://www.sturtfc.com.au/sturtfc-news/maloney-resigns

turt Football Club’s Seamus Maloney has advised the club that he will not be continuing in the role of Senior Coach for Season 2016. Maloney was one year into a two-year contract.

Maloney, was appointed as the club’s Senior Coach in a part time capacity mid 2011. Last season he coached the team to their first final’s appearance since 2009.

Sturt President Jason Kilic said Maloney had informed the Football Committee a few days ago of his decision to resign.

“We thank Seamus for his efforts especially during the time when the club’s future was in doubt. He always did his utmost to keep the off field problems separate to what needed to be done on field. We are happy that his desire is to still be involved with the club as a supporter, past premiership player and club captain. We wish him and his family all the best”.

Maloney said coaching at this level requires absolute commitment “the role is all consuming. I have given everything to improving the team, however I felt my time was up and it is now the right time to step away”. He said he has only every wanted what was best for the club and departs on good terms.

“I have enjoyed working with many great people and wish the club all the best in the future, I am disappointed at how this season finished but believe I have contributed to improving the club over my coaching tenure”.
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Maloney Resigns Empty Re: Maloney Resigns

Post by countrycousin Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:14 pm

On a personal level I'm sorry to see Seamus go, but I'm sure his decision is the best for both himself and the club. Restructuring the football department is now the main priority for the board, and it will be interesting to see what decisions they make.
countrycousin
countrycousin

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Maloney Resigns Empty maloney resigns

Post by swinglo chariot Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:32 am

Brodie Atkinson assistant coach also will not be continuing on, i also believe that the Sturt football club have already interviewed one person for the role of League Coach.
swinglo chariot
swinglo chariot

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:06 am

Ron Fuller??
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by countrycousin Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:43 pm

the prowler wrote:Ron Fuller??
No, definitely not. Further to that; the position of full time senior coach is being advertised Australia wide, and nobody has been interviewed yet.
countrycousin
countrycousin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum