West Adelaide TFSA Poster in the 'Tiser

+2
blacky
Admin
6 posters

Go down

West Adelaide TFSA Poster in the 'Tiser Empty West Adelaide TFSA Poster in the 'Tiser

Post by Admin Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:33 am

Some Westies history.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/who-is-the-greatest-player-to-have-taken-the-field-for-west-adelaide/story-fnaqgujp-1227493623304

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

West Adelaide TFSA Poster in the 'Tiser Empty Re: West Adelaide TFSA Poster in the 'Tiser

Post by bayman Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:09 pm

i wasn't around but given his reputation i'm amazed Jack Broadstock doesn't rate a mention
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

West Adelaide TFSA Poster in the 'Tiser Empty Re: West Adelaide TFSA Poster in the 'Tiser

Post by blacky Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:55 pm

mr media didnt know him
myself known to have a drink with him West Adelaide TFSA Poster in the 'Tiser 4056091176
blacky
blacky

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:44 am

I read this morning that Grantley Fielke was named Wests greatest ever player which surprised me a bit. Not because he wasn't a great player (because he certainly was), just thought it might have gone to someone more decorated. How good Fielke was probably got a bit lost on me purely because there were so many great players in the competition when he was running around.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:35 pm

with respect to him because as you rightly say he was a very good player, i'm surprised he got the gong, without knowing the guidelines/criteria to the naming of the player i actually thought Bernie Smith would get the gong
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:04 pm

Not that many votes and Grantley was probably better known, being the most recent.

West had their past players' show last night and I was privileged to talk briefly with Kerls, Brian Faehse & Doug Thomas.

(As well as renewing acquaintances with some more recent players).
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:21 pm

Isn't it funny (or maybe its just me haha), but in the day most opposition players you really don't have any time for (with the odd exception of course) .. Yet when their careers are finished and you reflect on an era it brings a smile to reminisce over so many good players you didn't like at the time. I find myself doing it all the time.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:40 pm

Fielke's longevity and consistency were remarkable but there are many more talented players in our history than him. How do you define 'greatest'? Durability and consistency and loyalty have to come into it, but so does pure ability and skill. I guess you'd have to define 'greatest' before you could start a realistic debate about it.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down