Lee
Bundy
Scrunch
19 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Broadcast Empty Broadcast

Post by Lee Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:25 am

I listened to a fair chunk of the RPH broadcast of Glenelg v Norwood and really enjoyed it.  It was a good quality call, well done boys.

Grant Coffee was good, while CK gives an accurate and interesting call.  Given he's a passionate Norwood man, his call is totally unbiased (if anything, he's perhaps over-careful of this), but it's refreshing.

John Nankivell just gives a polished and accurate call and never makes himself (or 'in' jokes) the subject.

Phil Aspinall was excellent on the boundary also.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Broadcast Empty Re: Broadcast

Post by Scrunch Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:35 pm

Would like to have heard it but once again couldn't get the stream to work, either from the site or Sanfl App. In fact a lot of the time couldn't get the App to work properly either. The difficulty in trying to access coverage these days is a flat out disgrace and something needs to be done about it. Nearly reaching tipping point toward the lip service the Sanfl provide about how important their competition is and how driven they re toward its future.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:11 pm

I couldn't get it to work on Saturday either Scrunch. No problem with Life FM but whereas RPH has previously worked fine for me, now I get nothing, and none of the links on the station site helped either. Not sure if the problem is at my end or theirs though.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:13 pm

No idea what the SANFL have done with links to the radio coverage of their games, but the link to the Glenelg v Norwood game did not work the 4-5 times I attempted to use it yesterday.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by The Hatchet Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:30 pm

its very frustrating, tried a few times to listen yesterday through sanfl site and nothing. seems to have been a regular problem this year at a time when having coverage being accessed should be more important than ever. seems strange that audio not available or faulty for some games while seems to be no issue for audio for some games/grounds/clubs/outlets regularly
The Hatchet
The Hatchet

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:02 pm

Here I was thinking all this was my internet. Yeah, not listened to one game this year due to links not working.

That's my ideal commentary team (Lee's OP) plus throw in Phil H for good measure Smile
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:20 pm

Flag No.9 wrote:I couldn't get it to work on Saturday either Scrunch. No problem with Life FM but whereas RPH has previously worked fine for me, now I get nothing, and none of the links on the station site helped either. Not sure if the problem is at my end or theirs though.

The one time I tried to listen to LifeFM was the West v Port game (or maybe Centrals, can't remember) but they missed the start running some top 40 show .. Then sorted that out, then went back to some music programme around qtr time - just farcical. I should point out that I appreciate the effort of the callers and am not trying denigrate them in any way. Never been more disillusioned with the coverage and promotion (or lack thereof) of this competition.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:17 pm

just on the 5RPH boys one of the commentators lads broke his leg recently playing footy, i'm not sure if they've mentioned it before on radio but i won't name him out of respect & wish him a speedy recovery
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:08 pm

Scrunch wrote:
The one time I tried to listen to LifeFM was the West v Port game (or maybe Centrals, can't remember) but they missed the start running some top 40 show .. Then sorted that out, then went back to some music programme around qtr time - just farcical. I should point out that I appreciate the effort of the callers and am not trying denigrate them in any way. Never been more disillusioned with the coverage and promotion (or lack thereof) of this competition.

That was the West v Port game, and they switched to the emergency tape due to a technical issue on those occasions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:27 am

Brucetiki wrote:
Scrunch wrote:

That was the West v Port game, and they switched to the emergency tape due to a technical issue on those occasions.

Technical issues being the guy rostered on to be the panelist in the studios just didn't show up !!!
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:42 am

Which simply isn't good enough. One incident in isolation is acceptable, accidents happen. But it's becoming very difficult for supporters that cant attend to adequately follow the games. Many I know have given up already, and I have no doubt the natural progression for them will be to fill their former SANFL time with other activities. It's a BIG problem so far as Im concerned.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by The Hatchet Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:45 pm

is there a list somewhere of which place is doing what game each week for the rest of the season?
The Hatchet
The Hatchet

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:23 pm

ROUND 13
Saturday July 11
Central District v Adelaide Elizabeth Oval 2:10pm
Sturt v Eagles Unley Oval 2:10pm 1197am RPH 1:30pm
West Adelaide v Glenelg Richmond Oval 2:10pm 107.9 LifeFM 1:30pm
Norwood v Port Adelaide Norwood Oval 2:10pm SEVEN 2:00pm
Sunday July 12
South Adelaide v North Adelaide Noarlunga Oval 2:10pm 1197am RPH 2:00pm

ROUND 14
Saturday July 18
Central District v West Adelaide Elizabeth Oval 2:10pm 107.9 LifeFM 1:30pm
Eagles v Port Adelaide Woodville Oval 2:10pm 1197am RPH 1:30pm
North Adelaide v Adelaide Prospect Oval 2:10pm 7mate 2:00pm

That's the next 2 weeks at least, Scott posts it on another site. Him or the Phil's are the best bet for advanced schedules
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:51 pm

www.footetimes.com

Any FOOT-e TIMES DAILY report will have the broadcast schedule for the week ahead.

Sometimes the SANFL Stats Report on the site lists 2 weeks of broadcasts.
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:17 pm

Centrals v Adelaide will have a live radio stream

Back to top Go down

Post by The Hatchet Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:07 am

Brucetiki wrote:Centrals v Adelaide will have a live radio stream

hoping it can be picked up okay through the sanfl app then. that app doesnt always seem to work for audio, no matter what device you use
The Hatchet
The Hatchet

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:52 am

LifeFM will certainly be calling ALL the finals this year, while ABC 891 and FiveAA will come on board to call the Preliminary Final and Grand Final...

The RPH call between Port and West on Sunday afternoon from Alberton Oval will be their last broadcast of SANFL footy for season 2015...

Unfortunately, 5RPH will NOT be calling any of the finals this season and last night's RPH League Teams Show was also the last for 2015...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Bundy Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:15 am

Very sad to hear that,especially when they have done all this season and miss out on the most exciting part of it.ABC 891 and FiveAA glory seekers.
Bundy
Bundy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:07 am

Why is that, Phil?

What broke down in the negotiations for RPH to withdraw?
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:37 pm

Lee wrote:Why is that, Phil?

What broke down in the negotiations for RPH to withdraw?

To my knowledge, Lee, RPH haven't withdrawn from broadcasting the finals, there wasn't an agreement reached between the station and league to cover them...

As far as I know, the minor round and finals are handled as two seperate contracts and in this instance, the station and SANFL have not been able to come to an agreement on the finals...

I think a few factors have come into consideration with the decision, including the commercial stations coming on board for the last 2 games...

Last edited by Big Phil on Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:21 pm

this is an absolute disgrace, i'll be venting my thoughts via email, letters & phone calls on Monday
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by The Hatchet Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:43 am

would think that means a fair bit of sanfl expertise not being used in the finals with only so many outlets around. looks like the increased media coverage being promised with the afl reserves teams might be a bit selective.
The Hatchet
The Hatchet

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:20 pm

This can easily be over come by not tuning into either the ABC or 5AA for those two finals matches.

Both the ABC and 5AA don't give a toss about the SANFL so let us all not give a toss about them.

TOSS out ABC and 5AA
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:21 pm

the prowler wrote:This can easily be over come by not tuning into either the ABC or 5AA for those two finals matches.

Both the ABC and 5AA don't give a toss about the SANFL so let us all not give a toss about them.

TOSS out ABC and 5AA

Broadcast 1672671459 Broadcast 1672671459 Broadcast 1672671459 Broadcast 1672671459 Broadcast 1672671459 Broadcast 1672671459 Broadcast 1672671459 Broadcast 1672671459 Broadcast 1672671459 Broadcast 1672671459 Broadcast 1672671459 Broadcast 1672671459 Broadcast 1672671459 Broadcast 1672671459
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:23 pm

bayman wrote:this is an absolute disgrace, i'll be venting my thoughts via email, letters & phone calls on Monday

Who do we all vent our thoughts to bayman?
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next