columbo
Lee
PhilH
Scrunch
12 posters

Go down

SANFL Live Streaming Commentary Empty SANFL Live Streaming Commentary

Post by Lee Tue May 19, 2015 9:23 am

West have had a couple of games with the SANFL Live Stream commentary so far.

This week's Recovery Session has highlights of the Glenelg game, with 'commentary'. I know it's not an easy gig, but it is just nowhere near being up to a standard that the SANFL should allow. It's bad enough when you can see the play, but it must be excruciating to be listening to with no picture and having to rely on the call to keep up with the game.

I really hesitate to criticise, but the callers need to understand they're required, as a minimum, to identify players and call the game, not just every third movement if they feel like it.

It's totally unprofessional stuff, which reflects badly on the SANFL.

To be constructive, boys, you need to do a lot of pre-game homework to identify players, you need to call what's happening in full and remember that people listening are passionate supporters who want a clear and accurate call of the game. Fine to make some mistakes, we're all human, but pay the game the respect it and the listeners deserve.

Thankfully we have excellent callers at the other games.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

SANFL Live Streaming Commentary Empty Re: SANFL Live Streaming Commentary

Post by Scrunch Tue May 19, 2015 10:50 am

You have been much more polite than I would have been. That was beyond farcical and a pure disgrace. Might aswell have zero coverage.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Tue May 19, 2015 2:44 pm

Looks like the SANFL don't see it that way.

June 20 (part of a split round) the league has decided that it is better for the Eagles v Crows game to be lived streamed than broadcast on LifeFM.

LifeFM has no game allocated that weekend and is happy to do one (they are already doing some extra matches on digital) but instead will have the week off.

PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tue May 19, 2015 2:58 pm

Thanks for that, Phil/

I know at first hand that the SANFL do a lot of extremely helpful things to assist clubs and the games and they are people who will listen to input and make changes where necessary.  My dealings with them have always been very positive.

This is a case where they are promoting a product which has the potential to be very valuable.  It's currently a dog's breakfast and not up to standard at all.  It's light years behind Life or RPH and is doing damage to the SANFL product.

It's rare (and dangerous) to be able to say that I (and several on here) could do a better job.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by columbo Tue May 19, 2015 5:28 pm

Haven't caught any of these streamed games yet, who is doing the calling?
columbo
columbo

Teams : Eagles, North Melbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Tue May 19, 2015 6:17 pm

I have harboured secret ambitions to be a commentator for a long time, I wonder how I would stack up against that? Smile Also, I'd like to become a scoreboard attendant for the day and post the other grounds scores, unlike what I've been seeing lately.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by columbo Tue May 19, 2015 8:24 pm

spell_check wrote:I have harboured secret ambitions to be a commentator for a long time, I wonder how I would stack up against that? Smile  Also, I'd like to become a scoreboard attendant for the day and post the other grounds scores, unlike what I've been seeing lately.

What about the races results too Spelly?
columbo
columbo

Teams : Eagles, North Melbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Tue May 19, 2015 8:36 pm

PhilH wrote:Looks like the SANFL don't see it that way.

June 20 (part of a split round) the league has decided that it is better for the Eagles v Crows game to be lived streamed than broadcast on LifeFM.

LifeFM has no game allocated that weekend and is happy to do one (they are already doing some extra matches on digital) but instead will have the week off.

They obviously haven't listened to their own product.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Tue May 19, 2015 8:53 pm

Its a disgrace ! Comical stuff !
Southee
Southee

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Tue May 19, 2015 9:18 pm

columbo wrote:
spell_check wrote:I have harboured secret ambitions to be a commentator for a long time, I wonder how I would stack up against that? Smile  Also, I'd like to become a scoreboard attendant for the day and post the other grounds scores, unlike what I've been seeing lately.

What about the races results too Spelly?

Good idea Smile
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Tue May 19, 2015 10:46 pm

When did the races stop being put up on scoreboards.

I know Adelaide Oval did it up until the early to mid-2000's, but most grounds had long got rid of the U R 1 2 3 by then

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue May 19, 2015 11:01 pm

i wouldn't mind the scoreboard at Glenelg just getting the scores correct, i know this year a couple of kids a doing it to help & i don't want to be too hard on them but someone should be near them just to help when they lose concentration, in the end a high profile Glenelg official ended up doing the scoreboard on Sunday just gone, i'd volunteer myself but most weeks i couldn't get there early enough to do both games, yes i'd put up the scores from other grounds at the end of each quarter........maybe with almost everyone being able to get scores off their phones & so forth, people decided putting other grounds scores up wasn't necessary anymore
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Wed May 20, 2015 12:59 am

Well... hate to mention this but on the sanfl website, there was a link to state team Bios. So as someone who is interested in this type of thing I thought Id take a look. Imagine my astonishment when I learned that Nick Liddle was a "neat left foot kick". I realise my eyes are not what they used to be...but having witnessed most games "the ginger ninja" has played for my beloved panthers I could of sworn he was a natural right footer.

I notice today after revisiting the scene of the crime that someone who actually knows something about the sanfl and has actually seen him play has discovered the glaring blatant and embarrassing error and rectified it.
Get it right , or dont bother. Evil or Very Mad
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodnTars Wed May 20, 2015 7:24 am

Only seen the 5 minute package they put up on the recovery but that was nothing short of pathetic. Would hate to have to rely on that if I couldn't make it to games.
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodnTars Wed May 20, 2015 7:31 am

bayman wrote:i wouldn't mind the scoreboard at Glenelg just getting the scores correct, i know this year a couple of kids a doing it to help & i don't want to be too hard on them but someone should be near them just to help when they lose concentration, in the end a high profile Glenelg official ended up doing the scoreboard on Sunday just gone, i'd volunteer myself but most weeks i couldn't get there early enough to do both games, yes i'd put up the scores from other grounds at the end of each quarter........maybe with almost everyone being able to get scores off their phones & so forth, people decided putting other grounds scores up wasn't necessary anymore

This Glenelg "official" didn't do a great job on sunday either. He was out by at least a point in each of the 8 quarters (league and reserves) and the goal umpires had to keep correcting. He was also seen kicking a footy on the scoreboard midway through the 3rd quarter so was obviously not concentrating like he should.
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Wed May 20, 2015 12:44 pm

Glenelg's scoreboard is notorious for being inaccurate. Saw is happen both times I was there last season.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed May 20, 2015 6:20 pm

BloodnTars wrote:
bayman wrote:i wouldn't mind the scoreboard at Glenelg just getting the scores correct, i know this year a couple of kids a doing it to help & i don't want to be too hard on them but someone should be near them just to help when they lose concentration, in the end a high profile Glenelg official ended up doing the scoreboard on Sunday just gone, i'd volunteer myself but most weeks i couldn't get there early enough to do both games, yes i'd put up the scores from other grounds at the end of each quarter........maybe with almost everyone being able to get scores off their phones & so forth, people decided putting other grounds scores up wasn't necessary anymore

This Glenelg "official" didn't do a great job on sunday either. He was out by at least a point in each of the 8 quarters (league and reserves) and the goal umpires had to keep correcting. He was also seen kicking a footy on the scoreboard midway through the 3rd quarter so was obviously not concentrating like he should.

i don't think he got up there until during the third term, most definitely after half time though
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:51 pm

The SANFL are LIVE video & audio streaming the North v Glenelg game on the Public Holiday Monday, down at The Bay...

Myself & Neil Cross will be calling the game while we may be joined by an injured player for Special Comments, as well...

http://www.talkingfootysa.com/t2698p16-2015-sanfl-broadcasting#53242
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down