Tony Abbott - supporter of the West Adelaide FC.

+11
Brucetiki
Booney
Mods
br
Lee
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Flag No.10
Scrappy
countrycousin
RODH2
Southee
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Tony Abbott - supporter of the West Adelaide FC.  Empty Tony Abbott - supporter of the West Adelaide FC.

Post by Ben W Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:14 pm

Well there you go, the nations Prime Minister, proud to support the West Adelaide FC!

Just wondering why several from here did not get in on the picture? Cool

https://www.facebook.com/westadelaidefootballclub/photos/a.424610180908.197920.216773215908/10153137410250909/?type=1&theater
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Tony Abbott - supporter of the West Adelaide FC.  Empty Re: Tony Abbott - supporter of the West Adelaide FC.

Post by blueandwhite Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:37 pm

..what a disturbing image.!

...I too ,am interested in West peoples take on this...

blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.

Back to top Go down

Tony Abbott - supporter of the West Adelaide FC.  Empty Re: Tony Abbott - supporter of the West Adelaide FC.

Post by Southee Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:53 pm

Great to see Tony mix with the Westies faithful .....I am sure all enjoyed the visit. Smile
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:18 pm

I thought Lee would be quick to get in on the act, big Westies supporter, and all! Smile
RODH2
RODH2

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:32 pm

I am gobsmacked and am reconsidering my membership.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by countrycousin Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:38 pm

Pass Laughing
countrycousin
countrycousin

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:39 pm

I wonder if he called in for lunch and a pint with the Westies faithful? Smile

Still I think Milner Rd is the home of a number of Liberal Party members, John Olsen being the record no 1 Ticket Holder for so long down there and all! Tony Abbott - supporter of the West Adelaide FC.  169538438

Still, thinking of the occasion, the Prime Minister of Australia visiting the club and all, that photo would probably look quite nice blown up and placed in a nice frame in the corridor beside the trophy cabinets in the club foyer!
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:27 pm

Make T Abbott treasurer of the club
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:18 am

One of the more disturbing images I've ever seen.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:57 am

Totally agree, F9.

Ben, John Olsen is a Life Member, not No 1 ticket holder.

Can't have a Liberal pollie as No1 ticket holder.

Rob Kerin is joint No 1 ticket holder.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:07 am

They ( politicians ) will simply whore themselves out anywhere, won't they?

As for Matt Williams, is he a Westies fan? Does he go to Westies games?
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:33 am

Not that I'm aware of, Booney.

On the other hand, Rob Lucas is a real fan.  Attends every match and also often goes to Under 18's matches.

I've spent a lot of enjoyable time watching Westies with him.

Westies seem to have always had an attraction for pollies.  If they have a Greek background, they're really in business.  Steve Georganas is a current Board member (and joint No 1 ticket holder) and Nick Bolkus used to be well involved.

As far as the photo goes, though, I would have thought you have to draw the line somewhere.  Tony Abbott - supporter of the West Adelaide FC.  2678737410  Embarassed
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:06 am

I think you need a change in the constitution on membership criteria.
Is it feasible and legal to have a "no d...head" clause? Very Happy
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:11 am

Lee,
sadly one WAFC member that you and I know well, has decided they definitely will not renew their membership after taking a glance at the photo..
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:57 am

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:I think you need a change in the constitution on membership criteria.

I hope not, Chambo Wink Cool
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:00 am

blueandwhite wrote:Lee,
sadly one WAFC member that you and I know well, has decided they definitely will not  renew their membership after taking a glance at the photo..

B & W, I'd ask them to reconsider, on the grounds the club has little choice with these things and has also had visits from Kevin Rudd. We're ;polite to all our guests and look to our local member, regardless of party, to assist us with various requests.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:29 am

Lee wrote:
sadly one WAFC member that you and I know well, has decided they definitely will not  renew their membership after taking a glance at the photo..

B & W, I'd ask them to reconsider, on the grounds the club has little choice with these things and has also had visits from Kevin Rudd.  We're ;polite to all our guests and look to our local member, regardless of party, to assist us with various requests.

if only our elected politicians could show a similar level of diplomacy that you have used in your reply...!!!Smile

how are things, perched on that fence...?? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by br Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:49 am

Love it when the Libs come to visit the club. As long as they pay for their Crayfish and Dom Perignon and it helps us get back into the black!!!

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:I think you need a change in the constitution on membership criteria.

A brave move for any club to introduce such a clause Chambo.....

Reckon there would be a club in the inner eastern suburbs that would wipe out a large part of their member base Wink Question
br

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:58 am

blueandwhite wrote:
Lee wrote:

B & W, I'd ask them to reconsider, on the grounds the club has little choice with these things and has also had visits from Kevin Rudd.  We're ;polite to all our guests and look to our local member, regardless of party, to assist us with various requests.

if only our elected politicians could show a similar level of diplomacy that you have used in your reply...!!!Smile

how are things, perched on that fence...?? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I can only answer that, B & W, by quoting a saying that I often (but not always) live by:

Confucius Say "He who sits on fence gets a sore bum". Very Happy
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Mods Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:01 pm

Lee wrote:Not that I'm aware of, Booney.

On the other hand, Rob Lucas is a real fan.  Attends every match and also often goes to Under 18's matches.

Westies seem to have always had an attraction for pollies.  If they have a Greek background, they're really in business.  Steve Georganas is a current Board member (and joint No 1 ticket holder) and Nick Bolkus used to be well involved.

As far as the photo goes, though, I would have thought you have to draw the line somewhere.  Tony Abbott - supporter of the West Adelaide FC.  2678737410  Embarassed

The strong rumour was that he was there to do back-ground checks for the next knighthood nominations for the 2016 Australia Day honours list (a new step following the last little controversy), Sir Lee Har...... is the good oil...
Mods
Mods

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:05 pm

Mods wrote:
Lee wrote:Not that I'm aware of, Booney.

The strong rumour was that he was there to do back-ground checks for the next knighthood nominations for the 2016 Australia Day honours list (a new step following the last little controversy), Sir Lee Har......  is the good oil...

That "Captains call" would be worse than Trent Cotchin pointing into an 8 goal Northerly at Adelaide Oval and saying "We'll kick that way". Laughing
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:31 pm

Thanks, Mods, I would be a deserving recipient, of course, but I'm not sure I would like to be known as

Sur Lee

I prefer the many and varied insulting names I already get from my fellow volunteers at the Bloods. Very Happy
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:09 pm

Is this the latest West defensive strategy to 'Stop the goals' Laughing

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:51 pm

If the President of the Human Rights Commission visits Westies, I'll be there for the photo Very Happy
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:39 pm

No different than "Media" Mike Rann who was a regular visitor at Noarlunga for many years.

I used to have many chats with him and even still have photo with him.  (such a passionate supporter !)

I don't think Westies did anything wrong with welcoming our PM. (as other clubs would too)......Smile
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next