The Recovery Session

+2
Big Phil
Admin
6 posters

Go down

The Recovery Session Empty The Recovery Session

Post by Admin Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:21 pm

The SANFL's weekly highlights package, uploaded to their website each Monday morning, featuring the highlights and commentary from all the games of the round:
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Recovery Session Empty Re: The Recovery Session

Post by Admin Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:52 pm

Round 16 version:

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:48 pm

Great work from the SANFL to have the Norwood v West game streamed (Jimmy Allan worked really well in the Special Comments role) and good work to have 'in-ground' radio coverage on an un-used frequency...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by The Hatchet Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:20 pm

Big Phil wrote:Great work from the SANFL to have the Norwood v West game streamed (Jimmy Allan worked really well in the Special Comments role) and good work to have 'in-ground' radio coverage on an un-used frequency...

top work on saturday, big phil the sturt game looked and sounded good.seems to be a range of quality of calling on the streaming at different games
The Hatchet
The Hatchet

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:57 pm

Thanks, The Hatchet...

Will be interesting to see where the League go with this in coming seasons...

The SANFL were very happy with the overall package and the amount of hits the Live Stream got last week...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:59 pm

The Hatchet wrote:seems to be a range of quality of calling on the streaming at different games
As in the actual commentators or the quality of the audio coming through on the stream?
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:44 am

The live streams are a great concept IMO. One of the great benefits is it gives those living overseas a chance to watch some live SANFL.

The only feedback I'd give is to perhaps for future ones look at investing in using an actual score bug/graphic as opposed to the copy/paste of the Champion Data live score as it will look a little cleaner, and will not intrude as much on the screen.

I'd also ensure that the current team logos are used - the original Crows logo used on Saturday (that hasn't been used since 1996) did look a little sloppy.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by The Hatchet Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:03 am

Big Phil wrote:
The Hatchet wrote:seems to be a range of quality of calling on the streaming at different games
As in the actual commentators or the quality of the audio coming through on the stream?

both. audio not great on a couple of matches, but that may be a device issue, was using a tablet
The Hatchet
The Hatchet

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:11 am

The Hatchet wrote:
Big Phil wrote:

both. audio not great on a couple of matches, but that may be a device issue, was using a tablet

I am aware of some audio issues they had with the Norwood v West game a couple of weeks ago...

Those gremlins were out of the system for the Sturt v Adelaide game, but not sure on the Central v Glenelg one as I wasn't out there...

No doubt, if moving forward the League do stream more games, the best quality equipment will be made available and the quality will improve. In a trial period, there are always going to be some hiccups...

Overall, though, it has been well recieved and is certainly something I think could take over the radio broadcasts...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by The Hatchet Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:54 am

hopefully all the issues get sorted, as you say it is giong to happen early on, it looks a good idea for a different way of doing things. good for you also to be the main person on it
The Hatchet
The Hatchet

Back to top Go down

Post by cutterman Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:22 pm

It's a great idea, I was at the game but watched the last 1/4 online. Personally I'd rather we do all games like this, offload the reserves teams and CH7 if it means saving money.
cutterman
cutterman

Teams : Sturt
My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:35 pm

The Hatchet wrote:hopefully all the issues get sorted, as you say it is giong to happen early on, it looks a good idea for a different way of doing things. good for you also to be the main person on it
I wouldn't be the main person on it, Hatchet, I just happen to be the one that the SANFL contacted to co-ordinate commentary teams for the streaming...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by The Hatchet Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:17 am

Big Phil wrote:
The Hatchet wrote:
Big Phil wrote:

I am aware of some audio issues they had with the Norwood v West game a couple of weeks ago...

Those gremlins were out of the system for the Sturt v Adelaide game, but not sure on the Central v Glenelg one as I wasn't out there...

No doubt, if moving forward the League do stream more games, the best quality equipment will be made available and the quality will improve. In a trial period, there are always going to be some hiccups...

Overall, though, it has been well recieved and is certainly something I think could take over the radio broadcasts...

hopefully it gets sorted, its a great idea but went to watch the eagles v west replay on the weekend on the sanfl site. commentary was probably great but can barely hear a word of it.
The Hatchet
The Hatchet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:41 pm

The live streaming is a great idea, but this Recovery Session shows up a problem with comments. West bring the ball from the backlines, ending in a goal (rare) and no description at all, with the comments man talking about other things and finally saying 'goal'. Hopefully he'll learn.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:29 pm

Lee wrote:The live streaming is a great idea, but this Recovery Session shows up a problem with comments.  West bring the ball from the backlines, ending in a goal (rare) and no description at all, with the comments man talking about other things and finally saying 'goal'.  Hopefully he'll learn.
Who was it, Lee?
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:31 pm

The Hatchet wrote:hopefully it gets sorted, its a great idea but went to watch the eagles v west replay on the weekend on the sanfl site. commentary was probably great but can barely hear a word of it.

Interesting comments, The Hatchet...

I tuned it, at varying stages on Saturday and then watched bits and pieces of it from the SANFL site last night and had no problems, at all, hearing the commentators...

Sure your volume levels were up on the device you were watching it on?

Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down