Bundy
blacky
bayman
Lee
Brucetiki
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Round 9: West v Norwood - Friday 6 June @ City Mazda Stadium - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 9: West v Norwood - Friday 6 June @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by Scrunch Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:27 am

Im not sure it helps your club to keep deflecting from their problems. You might have kicked 21 goals against a Glenelg side that resembled witches hats (no disrespect intended to the Bays, that was how a Glenelg supporter described that days performance), but Im really not sure how relevant that is when your most recent display produced 5 goals, 2 in junk time and 23 inside 50's. Norwood are strong defensively sure, but the fact you only got it in there 23 times highlights a deeper issue and if you're trying to argue that isn't boring football then sorry, I have to laugh. I certainly accept that Norwood don't play a "sexy" brand of football, but I don't think West supporters are the ones that should be playing that card. If Hartlett and his buddies weren't so good last night you would have been smashed.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Round 9: West v Norwood - Friday 6 June @ City Mazda Stadium - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 9: West v Norwood - Friday 6 June @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by spell_check Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:53 am

In games like this, both sides usually blame each other for the way the game turned out, and I think both sides are right.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:58 am

Fair call there Spell Check
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:33 pm

Fair call there, Spelly.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:27 am

$5.00 for a bottle of coke is too much, even the $4.50 at Unley & Glenelg is too much, not sure what the others charge, Friday night at half time i walked to the servo to get a drink........................

redandblack must have made an impact on his last overseas trip earlier in the year because at SANTA ANITA earlier today i noticed this result...........

Santa Anita MS7 PAYING
DIRT : CLAIMING  Monday, 9 June 2014
Distance: 1408M Weather: Fine Track: Good
   Tips: RADIO TAB: 4-7-2-8
Race Result Information

2 RED N BLACK ATTACK 4.40 1.00
4 HAPPY IDEA   2.10
1 LUCA   7.50
SCR -
QN 2* 4 4.60
EX F* F 0.80
TF (Jackpot) 2* 4* 1 22.00
A2 2* 4 1.00
1* 2 6.20
1* 4 Jackpot
Jackpot 7.33

bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by ca Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:06 pm

I am not sure I agree with you redandblack, I think there are plenty of other stats that counter your argument. I have no problem with you suggesting we have a defensive game style but certainly West are guilty of it if not more. Anyway I dont think we will ever agree on that and in the end it doesnt really matter.

It was an awful game to watch in the first three quarters with the skill level of both teams lacking. Not only do we need goalkicking practice but we also need to work on our forward entry.

I thought McGuiness was sensationial down back, one of the better games I have seen him play. I'm not sure there has been a more classy and reliable backman in the comp over the last half a dozen  years. We will miss him when he retires.

I also liked Baulderstones work around the ground and Jace Bode down back. We will need a big improvement this week though or it could get ugly against Sturt.

Last edited by ca on Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
ca
ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:39 pm

No worries, ca.  I agree with you about McGuinness.  He's a key to Norwood's game and he plays it to perfection.  A terrific player.  Baulderstone's story is also positive, to come from where he was to his current really good form.

It was suggested I paper over West's problems. Hardly, I gave credit to Norwood in full, but just said it was a boring game plan.  I think that is true, but I have said on many occasions that it has won Norwood 2 premierships, so good luck to them.

As for West's problems, they're quite apparent.  We're financially strapped and on-field we lack pace, our skills need improving and most of our key position players haven't been on the park much.

As for game style, though, unlike most of the critics I see West every week and have a good idea of what our game plan is.  I accept that we don't attack enough against Norwood, the only difference is that our critics say it is deliberate, whereas I give credit to Norwood for effectively stopping it.  I referred to North in the last GF to back that up.  They are a very attacking side, but kicked 4 goals. Nobody wants to address that point.

West have kicked more score than Norwood this year and have played a lot of attractive football.  Against Norwood, they don't, so the fault is shared, I've agreed.

My point was only that Norwood fans watch that style every week, I watch it mainly against Norwood.

That's just my opinion, of course.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:47 pm

I think you're every chance against Sturt, ca.

When you're watching, look at your setup before the first bounce.

You'll find your wingman runs around to the back of the square to add one to defence.

When the ball is in your forward lines, look at the wall you build across centre.

When the ball is in the opposition's forward line, look to see how many are in your forward line.

Most sides do this to some extent, but Norwood do it more and they do it better.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2