Brad Symes Announces Retirement

3 posters

Go down

Brad Symes Announces Retirement Empty Brad Symes Announces Retirement

Post by Big Phil Mon May 05, 2014 6:59 pm

Apparently mentioned on Channel 9 News that Brad Symes, as expected, has announced his retirement from SANFL football. I didn't see it, myself but then Warren Tredrea just put this tweet out...

in a tweet, Warren Tredrea wrote:Former @Adelaide_FC @PAFC Brad Symes has just told @Ceeentrals teammates he will retire immediately after earlier concussion. @9NewsAdel

It is no doubt disappointing that Brad finishes up this way and is also stuck on 99 games. Good luck in your future endeavors, Brad, and thanks for great service to the CDFC...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Brad Symes Announces Retirement Empty Re: Brad Symes Announces Retirement

Post by Big Phil Mon May 05, 2014 7:21 pm

Article from Reece Homfray at The Advertiser has just popped up on AdelaideNow...

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/central-district-cocaptain-brad-symes-retires-due-to-multiple-concussion-injuries/story-fnii02s3-1226906481736

Reece Homfray wrote:
CENTRAL District co-captain Brad Symes has told teammates of his decision to retire from football immediately after succumbing to the affects of multiple concussion injuries.

The 29-year-old Magarey Medallist and former AFL defender has not played since Round 1 when he was knocked unconscious in a collision with Woodville-West Torrens’ Adam Grocke.

Symes, who finishes his career on 99 SANFL and 80 AFL games and with two premierships at the Bulldogs, told coach Roy Laird on Monday and his teammates last night.

“It’s pretty disappointing but that’s the way it’s fallen and I’m at a stage now where the sooner I let the boys know we can all move on from it,” Symes said.

“Ever since it happened I was probably 90 per cent sure it would end up like this ... I was waiting for an ideal time but there’s probably never an ideal time to make this call so I thought I’d get it out of the way tonight and we can all move forward.”

Symes has revealed he was unconscious for seven minutes after the latest incident and was still waking at night with neck soreness.

An exclusive interview with Brad Symes will appear on advertiser.com.au from 10am on Tuesday.

Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Mon May 05, 2014 10:21 pm

So unfair that his career has been cut short because of the cowardly action of another player.

I wish him well, liked the way he played the game.
testy
testy

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Tue May 06, 2014 9:12 am

A sad way for a great player to finish his career, on 99 games as well. Just goes to show there are more important things in life than football. Best of luck to Brad and with whatever he does in the future.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down