bayman
Thiele
UncleHuey
Paul
Brucetiki
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Round 4: Port v West - Saturday 26 April @ Alberton Oval - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 4: Port v West - Saturday 26 April @ Alberton Oval

Post by Lee Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:36 pm

Hello Mr Booney. Sorry, I didn't care much who played well for Port. I'm biased to West, as you might have realised by now. Summerton was the only Port player I wanted to comment on, as he epitomises Port as rorters.

Summerton is a 'top-up' player. Port agreed to the rules relating to these players, who are to receive a maximum of $400 per game. Now, most SANFL clubs erroneously thought Steve would be looking for more than $400 a game especially as he was worth about $30,000 minimum on the market, probably more.

But no, Steve was happy to play for his 400 bucks a game, which surprisingly was met with a degree of cynicism by the other SANFL clubs.

As we have come to expect from Port, it's rarely the letter of the law they respect, so the spirit of the law doesn't get a look in.

It seems that in 2 or 3 years, Steve might be eligible to be Port's 'marquee' player, currently Henry Slattery. If that happens, I think Port might be able to pay Steve (say) $120,000 then.

Adelaide are playing top up players from young Reserves players. Port are playing Summerton and thumbing their noses (again) at the other clubs,

Possibly legal yes, moral and honest ......

Never mind, you often reap what you sow.

So let it be.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Round 4: Port v West - Saturday 26 April @ Alberton Oval - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 4: Port v West - Saturday 26 April @ Alberton Oval

Post by maddawg Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:48 am

Although I am dead against AFL in the SANFL. It is was it is, my club along with most others voted it in. I disagree with my clubs vote but I am obviously but a minority. Saying this it would be fair to say the Power Reserves will have this one year to feel the glory. But it would also be fair to say at the end of this year if things keep going like they are, the rules are going to change quite considerably.

Its amaxing that it was allowed in with say Butcher, who you would have to say is on $350k per year, has the equivelant salary of an entire SANFL squad not just the 22 players on the park.
maddawg
maddawg

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:21 am

redandblack wrote:I'll reply soon, Booney.

Should be enjoyable.

You did, it was.  Laughing 
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2