bayman
Thiele
UncleHuey
Paul
Brucetiki
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Round 4: Port v West - Saturday 26 April @ Alberton Oval Empty Round 4: Port v West - Saturday 26 April @ Alberton Oval

Post by Brucetiki Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:56 pm

Port v West

Saturday 26 April
Alberton Oval

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

Last Week:
Port 15.19.109 d Eagles 8.3.51 @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval
West 7.13.55 lost to North 9.16.70 @ City Mazda Stadium

Last Time They Met:
West 9.10.64 d Port 8.12.60 @ Alberton Oval

Ladder Position:
Port 3rd 2-1 70.61%
West 9th 0-3 40.98%

Port are coming off a big win over the Eagles while West were disappointing in their loss to North. Will Port continue their dominance, or will West finally get on the board in 2014.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 4: Port v West - Saturday 26 April @ Alberton Oval Empty Re: Round 4: Port v West - Saturday 26 April @ Alberton Oval

Post by Paul Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:43 pm

Port by 92
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Round 4: Port v West - Saturday 26 April @ Alberton Oval Empty Re: Round 4: Port v West - Saturday 26 April @ Alberton Oval

Post by UncleHuey Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:08 pm

Port by an innings
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:26 pm

Got to win this. I hope we do
Thiele
Thiele

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:51 pm

it'll be another men v boys match, Port by 15-20 goals
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:54 am

Port by 14-15 goals.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:04 pm

West's side:

DIJKSMAN STILL MACREADIE
SCHILLER WEBB FISHER
BEECH STEVENS FIELKE
BRICKNELL HARTLETT EZARD
NEWELL KEOUGH MILNE

RUCKS:
P NELSON
C SCHMIDT
T TUCK

INTERCHANGE:
MIDDLETON
WONG
SILVERLOCK
HAYES
GREEN

Ins: Green, Hartlett, Bricknell, Tuck & Still
Out: Gallard, R. Anderson (Inj), & Hopton

Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:20 pm

Are all the ins right to go or are they underdone and just coming back in the hope they'll lead us to a win??
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:54 pm

Three have come back through the reserves and are ready, one from suspension and one from 1week of with a minor injury.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:16 pm

bayman wrote:it'll be another men v boys match, Port by 15-20 goals

West look a lot better on paper this week, so i'll change my thought to Port by 8-10 goals
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:31 am

Hard to go against Port in there current form, The Bloods side is the best one they have fielded so far this season and hope they can cause an upset, but I will tip Port to win this game.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:04 pm

Liking the look of the Bloods lineup now, but unfortunately it comes at a time Port are manhandling their opposition. Do give the Bloods a sneaky chance, but can't go against Port who I think should prevail by 4-5 goals.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceman Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:22 pm

Port by 10-12 goals, will be far too strong
Aceman
Aceman

My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:36 pm

My first game this year and it was a strange experience watching us play against an AFL team.  I thought we were pretty good in the first half, with s lot of returning players, but the loss of Chris Schmidt hurt.

Port played a high possession game, which was effective due to their higher skill level, but in the first hakf West more than matched them.  The restricted pre-season of so many West players told after half time, but the lack of fight in the third quarter was worrying.

Michael Still, with 10 marks and 4 goals was excellent and Aaron Fielke, Scott Bricknell, Travis Tuck and Kaine Stevens had their moments.

All in all, a surreal sort of game in front of an average crowd.  Steve Summerton gave good value for his $400 match payment with a million possessions and the higher skill level and fitness of the professional team was obvious.

West fought back well when the game was over and will be better for the game, but at 0 - 4 a win against Central next week is already vital and season defining.

I believe this is the most open race for the premiership for many years.  It might depend on how many injuries Port Power get this season.

A pity.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodnTars Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:52 pm

As strange as it may seem, I thought today was our best performance for the season. We had a crack and that's all I could've asked for at the start of the day. Tuck, Fielke, Bricknell and Stevens played their best games for the year and I thought Hartlett was brilliant keeping Butcher basically kick less befor he went off with a bit of cramp. That's when Butcher kicked his 5.

Very hard to beat a team that has 1 player earning the same as the whole of the other team but apart from a poor 3rd quarter I thought we matched it with them. Can't see anyone else beating them unfortunately.

Was the most subdued I have ever seen a crowd at Alberton. They seemed to be embarrassed by their dominance evidenced by the fact that only about 10 supporters stood around their race and politely clapped them off.

Big game on Tuesday night and hopefully we can get some confidence going into a massive game against Centrals next Sunday.
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:57 pm

until injuries occur Port will keep smashing teams, sad for the integrity of the competition but very good for footy betting, next week it'll be Port at the points again
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:25 am

Interesting that there are still one or two desperates elsewhere, stuck in the past, criticising West as still playing a defensive style.

There were 32 goals kicked yesterday in an open game. West's full forward, Michael Still, kicked 4.

Amazing how many people go to the footy and don't see anything.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:12 am

BloodnTars wrote:
Very hard to beat a team that has 1 player earning the same as the whole of the other team but apart from a poor 3rd quarter I thought we matched it with them. Can't see anyone else beating them unfortunately.

At one stage there were 3 players for Port waiting on the interchange bench who's value would have more than doubled all of West's salary cap.  Mad 
firstblood
firstblood

Back to top Go down

Post by Bundy Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:56 am

firstblood wrote:
BloodnTars wrote:

At one stage there were 3 players for Port waiting on the interchange bench who's value would have more than doubled all of West's salary cap.  Mad 
Is there still a salary cap.SANFL are a bloody JOKE.
Bundy
Bundy

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:43 pm

redandblack wrote:My first game this year and it was a strange experience watching us play against an AFL team.  I thought we were pretty good in the first half, with s lot of returning players, but the loss of Chris Schmidt hurt.

Port played a high possession game, which was effective due to their higher skill level, but in the first hakf West more than matched them.  The restricted pre-season of so many West players told after half time, but the lack of fight in the third quarter was worrying.

Michael Still, with 10 marks and 4 goals was excellent and Aaron Fielke, Scott Bricknell, Travis Tuck and Kaine Stevens had their moments.

All in all, a surreal sort of game in front of an average crowd.  Steve Summerton gave good value for his $400 match payment with a million possessions and the higher skill level and fitness of the professional team was obvious.

West fought back well when the game was over and will be better for the game, but at 0 - 4 a win against Central next week is already vital and season defining.

I believe this is the most open race for the premiership for many years.  It might depend on how many injuries Port Power get this season.

A pity.

Summerton was good was he, R&B? He might get a call up to.....oh, he's not an AFL listed player. Toweled up by an SANFL player, no excuses there. Very Happy 

Anything else you can report on the game player wise for Port Adelaide Magpies? I see Butcher kicked 5, how did he move around and did Andrew Moore play well?

Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:09 pm

What has Schmidt done, is he likely to be short or long term on the injury list? Would be a massive loss
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:29 pm

Scrunch wrote:What has Schmidt done, is he likely to be short or long term on the injury list? Would be a massive loss

Issues with his heart...

http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/2460/
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:33 pm

I'll reply soon, Booney.

Should be enjoyable.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:04 pm

Well the result didn't surprise me, and was very happy to have been as close as we were at half time ( 7 points)

Then the floodgates opened in the 3rd quarter with the AFL side we played slamming on 7 unanswered goals putting the game out of reach.
The last quarter saw both sides score 5 goals each with the result being a 58 point win to the AFL side .
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:24 pm

Big Phil wrote:
Scrunch wrote:What has Schmidt done, is he likely to be short or long term on the injury list? Would be a massive loss

Issues with his heart...

http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/2460/

Thanks for that. Not good news - hopefully that comes shortly for Chris and West.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum