the prowler
Scrunch
Wongdo
bayman
Paul
countrycousin
14 posters

Go down

Round 1 6th April -  North Adelaide v Adelaide Empty Round 1 6th April - North Adelaide v Adelaide

Post by countrycousin Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:22 pm

Prospect Oval @ 2.10 pm
countrycousin
countrycousin

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Round 1 6th April -  North Adelaide v Adelaide Empty Re: Round 1 6th April - North Adelaide v Adelaide

Post by Paul Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:30 pm

North by 46
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Round 1 6th April -  North Adelaide v Adelaide Empty Re: Round 1 6th April - North Adelaide v Adelaide

Post by bayman Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:48 pm

North impressed me with their trial last week, i'll say North by 34 points
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Wongdo Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:45 pm

North are playing who?
Wongdo
Wongdo

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:37 pm

North comfortably
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:52 pm

North have shown a bit during their trials when they have had a good squad on the park, the Adelaide team has shown nothing, I will go for the Rooters.
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:51 pm

North at home by 4-5 goals.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:48 pm

North for me, have looked very solid in the preseason
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:30 pm

Johnston, Porplyzia, Shaw all dropped from the AFL so should play for Adelaide.
North fans gonna love Johnston playing.  Rolling Eyes 
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:09 pm

North for me also.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:35 am

Waiting to see the attendance on this one.

1500 North fans and the 4000 the Crows promised.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:34 am

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:Waiting to see the attendance on this one.

1500 North fans and the 4000 the Crows promised.

they wouldn't get 4000 if they counted the arms & legs of the Crows supporters today, happy to be proven wrong for the sake of the competition, someone ought to tell them the council will be out in force so park legally !!!
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:00 am

Would Crows supporters know where Prospect is?
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:56 pm

Thiele wrote:Would Crows supporters know where Prospect is?

No - next to none turned up today

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:08 pm

I think there should be a recount of the Crows supporters.

maybe they have gone missing, like their teams have
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:39 am

Although i don't agree that the Crows should have entered our competition, i believe their supporters, those that do turn up to a SANFL game do not deserve to be verbally abused as was the case yesterday according to another web site who are gloating about it. Sure, have a go at the opposition team on the field, that's fine, but verbal abuse to any opposition supporters just for the sake of it is not on.
Just my opinion.
firstblood
firstblood

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:24 am

Agreed FB, really sad to hear that that is happening.

Heard a story of a poor bloke copping a mouthful because he was wearing both North and Adelaide gear. Is this really what's in store for the future of football in SA? I hope not.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:00 am

That other footy forum mentioned weeks ago they were going to do this to Adelaide supporters at every game.

"If Crows fans think Victorians are bad, they ain't seen anything yet" was one line I remember.
Paul
Paul

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:21 am

Would think that balance is required. Home crowds for years have tried to intimidate both the players and supporters and create a fortress type environment and a softer society needs to learn to cope with that in my opinion. So long as physical threats aren't made, or racist or sexist remarks then I dont think it crosses a line. To this extent, it will probably be a little more difficult for Crows supporters as they wont experience their own home crowds, but Im sure they will provide enough supporters to give as good as it gets. Within reason, surely the Sanfl doesn't have to become a sanitized clone of the AFL?
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:16 pm

I don't think anyone is suggesting that Scrunch.

I personally love a bit of good natured banter at the footy, and it's something I wish there was a bit more of at the footy (AFL).

Viscious personal abuse on the other hand is not on IMO - even it said abuse avoids the taboo areas like race, sex etc.. If that kind of abuse and hatred is deemed acceptable for some of the self appointed 'real football supporters' in the SANFL (not necessarily referring to you Scrunch or other posters on here), then I'm happy to remain a pretend supporter.

As far as I'm concerned if you can't bring yourself to have a beer with an opposition supporter that you're trading banter with when the final siren goes, then IMO the banter has probably crossed the line at some point. That goes for all levels of footy.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by countrycousin Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:42 pm

It will be a very interesting experience for me personally at Unley next Saturday. My son in law has followed the Crows ever since they were formed. He really wasn't into football before that. In recent years I've roped him in as a Sturt supporter as well, and he's always with me at Sturt home games. We'll be there together on Saturday. I'm sure he'll wear his Crows colours, just to give me a bit of a razz.  Laughing  With several ex Sturt players in the Crows team, we'll have an interest in both sides. But I'll be barracking for Sturt to win, of course. But after the game we'll go back to his place, have dinner (Assuming our respective wives are kind enough to feed us  Wink  ) and enjoy our evening with the grandkids, as always. I hope everyone else, who goes to the game, enjoys it in the same spirit.
countrycousin
countrycousin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:09 pm

I reckon there might be a few out like your son in law over the course of the season CC. There to see both the SANFL team they support and the Adelaide outfit.

I wouldn't mind catching one of the South v Adelaide games this year if I can get myself organised (and convince the missus to look after the kids! That's the hard sell. lol).
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:24 pm

I think you're rating system is a good one Gingernuts - if you would have a beer with a fellow protagonist and vice versa then no line has been crossed.
I'm generalizing here, because it isn't all supporters I refer to, but I honestly believe the problem with many Crows supporters is that they either haven't attended much SANFL or neutral AFL games in Melbourne, so they don't know how to take a lot of the banter when they are used to fronting up when they have %90 of the supporters regularly.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:40 pm

Absolutely agree with you Scrunch, no doubting that Adelaide have their fair share of 'soft' supporters. It annoys me as much as the next person! Haha.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:32 pm

no need to abuse the supporters or the players for that matter as they had no influence on the decision, blokes like Chapman & co well that's another story
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down