howthewestwaswon
Paul
Chambo Off To Work We Go
bayman
Big Phil
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Footy SA - New Channel 9 TV Show on SA Football Empty Footy SA - New Channel 9 TV Show on SA Football

Post by Big Phil Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:59 pm

Had heard about this as a possibility a while ago, interesting that it is going ahead...

Will be intriguing to see how much coverage the other 8 SANFL clubs get, outside of the Crows and Power Reserves /. Magpies...

Channel 9 Media Release wrote:

FOOTY SA

SUNDAY, MARCH 30 KICK-OFF AT 1.00PM ON CHANNEL NINE

South Australian football finally has its own weekly program with Footy SA set to premiere this Sunday at 1.00pm on
Channel Nine.

Produced by Crocmedia for the Nine Network, Footy SA will focus on Port Adelaide, Adelaide, the SANFL, the Channel 9
Adelaide Football League (formerly SAAFL), and SA regional footy. The program debuts the day after the new Adelaide
Oval is unveiled in Showdown XXXVI.

The Sunday Footy Show’s Craig Hutchison will host Footy SA and be joined each week by a raft of South Australian
stalwarts, including Warren Tredrea, Simon Goodwin, Stephen Rowe and Sean Wellman, as well as SANFL legend
Neil Balme and a host of other South Australian stars.

The Advertiser’s Michelangelo Rucci will also provide news and views each week with his Rucci’s Rant segment.

Crocmedia executive director Chris Giannopoulos said South Australia deserved its own footy program.
“This will be the biggest year ever in South Australian football, with a stadium unmatched in comfort terms which will
transform the city,” Giannopoulos said.

“We want to play our role in bringing South Australian footy to the people. South Australia deserves its own show and its
own parochial sense of focus.

“Footy SA will be fun, vibrant, challenging and no doubt confrontational at times, just the way we like it. This program will
be all things South Australian footy, and it will unashamedly champion the great football that is played in this state.”

Footy SA is presented by Farmers Union Iced Coffee.

FOOTY SA – STARTS SUNDAY, MARCH 30, AT 1.00PM ON CHANNEL NINE

For further information, please contact:
Channel Nine Publicity
Adam Gibbons
08 8267 0288 / 0410 600 616
Wednesday, March 26, 2014
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Footy SA - New Channel 9 TV Show on SA Football Empty Re: Footy SA - New Channel 9 TV Show on SA Football

Post by bayman Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:41 pm

i wouldn't call Neil Balme an ''SANFL legend'' a ''Richmond legend'' maybe......i would think this would be mainly from an AFL point of view, can't see how ''Hutchy'' would know anything about the SANFL or any other South Australian competition, at least they're trying something so i'll give 'em that
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Footy SA - New Channel 9 TV Show on SA Football Empty Re: Footy SA - New Channel 9 TV Show on SA Football

Post by Big Phil Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:07 pm

bayman wrote:I can't see how ''Hutchy'' would know anything about the SANFL or any other South Australian competition, at least they're trying something so i'll give 'em that
Agreed...

That is why they'll have guys like Rowey and Treadrea on, who at least have an SANFL connection...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:56 pm

bayman wrote:i wouldn't call Neil Balme an ''SANFL legend'' a ''Richmond legend'' maybe......i would think this would be mainly from an AFL point of view, can't see how ''Hutchy'' would know anything about the SANFL or any other South Australian competition, at least they're trying something so i'll give 'em that

Agree 100% on Balme. Made a solid contribution to SA footy, but legend? Uh-uh.
Why do we need Hutchy? Is he to give it AFL credibility or something.
As tongue in cheek as it is to say it, bring back KG.  Embarassed  At least he is SA.

What does Goody bring to this as Essendon assistant coach. Does he have time to look outside Essendon and the afl? Similarly with Wellman.

Surely, we can find some local people with cred on both afl and sanfl fronts. I guess Tredders and Rowe maybe that, but listening to them I don't think either has much time for the sanfl or would waste much breath talking about it.

Interesting that it is prefaced by being Port Adelaide, Crows and sanfl clubs. That says it all I think.

Yep they're trying something but from a passionate sanfl supporter point of view, will there be much to interest them?

If they can manage to devote meaningful time to each league, then I will stand corrected.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:34 pm

Only 30 minutes too plus ads so 22/23 minutes of actual show? Not much time to fit in everything  Neutral 
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:03 pm

The SANFL segment might be similar to what the ABC used to do at half-time in their match day coverage - a couple of highlights from each game.  No doubt the focus will be heavily on the Crows and Power teams.  I'm also guessing the SAAFL will get a one minute look in for those 'fill-in' players.

Count your blessings I say.  At least there is something for viewers to have a look at!

Last edited by howthewestwaswon on Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:29 pm

Cripes, I can't believe people are being negative about this. I think this is great for the exposure of footy in this state.

I saw an advertisement for the first game of SANFL footy on 7 Mate and it also caught my interest.

Don't get me wrong, the ABC have done a great job for a long time now - but I think exposure on mainstream TV stations will be great for the game at all levels in SA.

Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:38 pm

I'll give it a few weeks before I make a judgement although why Hutchy is host is baffling. Surely we can find a SA host and SA based people for the show?
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Paul Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:33 pm

Recorded it.

What was it like?
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:46 pm

sapaul wrote:Recorded it.

What was it like?
90% Showdown
5% SANFL Michael Aish interview
5% Other SA footy

Pretty poor I thought
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixredlegs Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:19 pm

Doesn't Hutchy own CrocMedia who is putting the show together?  Guessing that's why he's fronting it.
Sixredlegs
Sixredlegs

My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by eartotheground Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:49 pm

Embarrassing for all concerned.
eartotheground
eartotheground

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:29 pm

Not only that we had Wazza give his two cents worth and Wellman basically echo him.

Right at the end we had Div1 fixture for next week flashed up for 10 seconds, then Hills League.

No sanfl ? Not worthy?
Absolutely deplorable.

I query why we need the Power and Crows covered in the Sunday Footy Show and then covered again for Footy SA.

This show will be lucky to last mid-season.

No interest for me I'm afraid.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:58 pm

i'll give them a chance, i can see that when they iron out a couple of things it might be ok, today no SANFL talk was fair enough because there hasn't been a match yet, lets see how it pans out over the next 2 weeks when there has been actual matches on, if it turns into the old ''crows show'' but mixed with Port to be a ''thecrowspowerfullshow'' well surely the show on before that covers them anyway....will wait a couple of weeks, not that it matters but it was obviously taped though
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:23 pm

Soory but I am over it. it might as well be another AFL show
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:50 pm

The sanfl and saafl stuff is such an after thought.
Waste of time and embarrassing.
Don't know why Wazza wastes a Sunday flying to Melbourne for it.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:02 pm

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:The sanfl and saafl stuff is such an after thought.
Waste of time and embarrassing.
Don't know why Wazza wastes a Sunday flying to Melbourne for it.

didn't see it as have sky2 on watching Strath trots before heading out to the Plympton v Goodwood u/15s match at Plympton later on today, as for why Wazza would fly to Melbourne the answer is simple he is employed by ch 9 & wants to earn a living  Wink 

ps, obviously i didn't miss much this week....Chambo & co is the SANFL & SAAFL stuff just a token gesture ?
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:28 pm

Not even a token. It is actually embarrassing.
Hutch doesn't know his stuff when it comes to SA and relies on Wazza and Balme is so far out of SA football scene, what is he there to contribute.
Yeah Wazza takes his pay check, but could do his new found elevation in footy media some damage if he isn't careful.

Who are these guys kidding?

That's 2 strikes, I'm done.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:24 pm

thanks Chambo
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:54 pm

actually watched the final show yesterday, first time since before the first round of matches, Steve Summerton won the farmers union iced coffee medal & that i haven't got a problem with, he deserves it & this isn't trying to belittle him but when 'Hutchy' read out who voted on it, give me a break none of those gentlemen would have seen more than 5 sanfl games this year & most of them would have seen zilch
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:56 pm

Good when a top up player wins your B & F.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:25 pm

First time I have tuned into it after the baking it got from the beginning from you blokes.

I dont have much time for Hutchy at all, one of the reasons I dont bother, at least Balme knows the footy over here and has a feel for it, although he has been out of it for some time. I couldnt tell you who is normally on the panel

Summerton looked almost embarrassed to have what looked like a large plastic medallion placed over his neck with a blue ribbon, If Ice Coffee drop sponsorship in a couple of years it will mean 5/8 of 2/5 of FA although the $5k will come in handy, maybe he will share it amongst his team mates who only got $400 or less agame. Summerton kept trying to justify Port Reserves being in the comp by continually going back to state how the 'one club was doing great things for the community and football is SA.
I did try and stay interested in it, the longer he went on the more my gut was burning inside from Souths defeat in the Prelim by them.

I missed who voted on it, can you remember Bayman?

I also heard that Stephen Rowe voted on the Jack Oatey medal...give us all a break he as hardly watched a SANFL game this year.When things like this happen it sure does take the gloss off it a bit.
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:01 am

the prowler wrote:I also heard that Stephen Rowe voted on the Jack Oatey medal...give us all a break he as hardly watched a SANFL game this year.When things like this happen it sure does take the gloss off it a bit.

Yes, Stephen Rowe did vote on the Jack Oatey Medal, as shown below. I can't see an issue with it as it is a medal awarded from that one game, not from other games throughout the course of the year. I think the spread of voters this year was a good one...

http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/2698/

JACK OATEY MEDAL VOTING

16 - Matthew Panos (Norwood)
7 - Steven Summerton (Port)
6 - Sam Baulderstone (Norwood)
5 - Kieran McGuinness (Norwood
2 - Kane Mitchell (Port)

ZAC MILBANK (SANFL)

3 - Matthew Panos (Norwood)
2 - Steven Summerton (Port)|
1 - Kieran McGuinness (Norwood)

TIM GINEVER (CHANNEL 7)

2 - Steven Summerton (Port)
1 - Sam Baulderstone (Norwood)

STEPHEN ROWE (FIVE AA)

2 - Sam Baulderstone (Norwood)
1 - Kane Mitchell (Port)

JOHN NANKIVELL (LIFE FM)

2 - Steven Summerton (Port)
1 - Kieran McGuinness (Norwood)

GRANT COFFEE (5RPH)

3 - Sam Baulderstone (Norwood)
2 - Matthew Panos (Norwood)
1 - Kane Mitchell (Port)

WARREN PARTLAND (THE ADVERTISER)

3 - Kieran McGuinness (Norwood)
2 - Matthew Panos (Norwood)
1 - Steven Summerton (Port)
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:11 am

Those panellists I saw on it were;
Balme
James Fantasia
Dean Brogan
Sean Wellman
Simon Goodwin among others

All them based in Victoria where it is of course made.
Tredders probably the only contributor from SA.

It was ordinary and probably just Hutchy's attempt to capitalise on his would-be media empire. Hopefully it doesn't return.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next