Time for the SANFL to stand up to the Power.

+14
jelly
testy
countrycousin
BloodnTars
Big Phil
Booney
therealROSSCO
Scrunch
Aerie
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Ben W
bayman
lachlan
Lee
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Time for the SANFL to stand up to the Power. - Page 2 Empty Re: Time for the SANFL to stand up to the Power.

Post by testy Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:07 pm

Yes I did see that and they must be the only reserves side to have a different song to there league side  scratch 
testy
testy

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Time for the SANFL to stand up to the Power. - Page 2 Empty Re: Time for the SANFL to stand up to the Power.

Post by bayman Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:46 pm

this is the answer i gave on the other thread when GG & Mr Booney answered ''Cheer Cheer''

see that is where this is all wrong, if it is the Power reserves team wearing a Magpie jumper out of respect to its heritage it should be using the Power song (imho off course), after all if players are learning game plans they better learn the song as well
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:01 pm

I would rather they just played in Power jumper.
Simpler for everyone to understand.
This is a top down team rather than a community ground up team, despite what Port would have us believe.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:21 pm

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:I would rather they just played in Power jumper.
Simpler for everyone to understand.
This is a top down team rather than a community ground up team, despite what Port would have us believe.

yep, no question your analysis of the situation is correct
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by B J10 Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:01 pm

bayman wrote:i've posted this on another thread but i'll post it here as well........

Mr Booney & other Port people,
i have (what too me) is an interesting question & i'm very interested in hearing what your answers are & infact what the official confirmation is

when Port the SANFL team wins a match next year which song will we hear playing, will it be

''Cheer Cheer'' ?
or
''Never Stop Stop Stop'' ?

Tackling the big issues again
B J10
B J10

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:06 pm

It was an interesting point. Perhaps your New Year resolution might be to pondler your motives before posting.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by StrayDog Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:45 pm

jelly wrote:
testy wrote:
jelly wrote:Centrals dominate for 10 years and we don't ask any questions but we are already crying about Port Adelaide Power before they have played a game.

How typical of us.

What the F@%k are you talking about ?

It is quite simple.

Those complaining about the integrity of the competition being lost are at least fifteen years too late, and are pointing the finger at the wrong organization.

If one team wins the premiership every year for ten years, it is not much of a competition.

As far as I can tell PP are playing within the rules agreed to with the SANFL. PP should be trying to best list possible just like any other team. If they end up being overpowered we can only blame the SANFL for agreeing to the terms.

but ofcourse nothing gets the blood boiling like Port Power. So we will blame them for all our problems.
For "simple", read "simplistic".  The rest falls into place quite neatly.
StrayDog

My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:38 am

Jelly, as far as I'm aware nowhere in the public discussions about a Port Reserves side was there any mention of their aim being to field the strongest possible SANFL side even if it meant excluding AFL listed players. All the noise was about developing AFL players in the one side.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:43 pm

jelly wrote:

If one team wins the premiership every year for ten years, it is not much of a competition.

so with these dominant sides of Port in the 1950's & 1980's, Sturt in the 1960's & Central in the 2000's by your logic they played in a ''not much of a competition era''.....please give me a break, dominant teams will come & go & it is up to the other teams to work harder to firstly catch up & secondly go past any dominant team of any era & btw i'd be happy if Glenelg won a heap of premierships in a row......i'll also add that these teams should be admired rather than the competition being belittled
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2