Harpo
the prowler
Westiesforever
Lee
bayman
23 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

West Adelaide v East Fremantle Foxtel cup Grand Final      - Page 2 Empty Re: West Adelaide v East Fremantle Foxtel cup Grand Final

Post by Brucetiki Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:50 pm

Final Score

West 4.8.32
East Fremantle 2.16.28

One of the worst games of football I've ever watched but congratulations to West Adelaide.

Last edited by Brucetiki on Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

West Adelaide v East Fremantle Foxtel cup Grand Final      - Page 2 Empty Re: West Adelaide v East Fremantle Foxtel cup Grand Final

Post by Scrappy Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:00 pm

Final score

WA 4.8 [$100,000]
EF 2-16 [28]
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:01 pm

Scrappy wrote:Final score

WA 4.8 [$100,000]
EF 2-16 [$50 000]

Edited for accuracy Laughing 

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:13 pm

God it's hard following Westies.

But we won.

Currently Champion State League Club in Australia.

YEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:14 pm

Brucetiki wrote:
Scrappy wrote:EF looking fresher
Is it because WA played on a heavy track last Saturday ?

Heavy track v travel from Perth.

We'll find out what takes the bigger toll in the next 20 minutes or so.

Westies trademark is relentless pressure on the opposition, as was the case in the first half
For whatever reasons, Westies could hardly pressure East Fremantle's defenders and on ballers in the second half
The quarters are shorter in the Foxtel Cup , so it should be easier to maintain intensity for longer
The heavy track conditions last weekend appears to have affected Westies

Second half
WA 0-3 [100,000]
EF 2-12 [50,000]

Last edited by Scrappy on Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:51 am; edited 2 times in total
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:14 pm

Congratulations to West Adelaide.
100k in the kick will be very handy!!!!
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Harpo Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:07 pm

East Fremantle came to AAMI Stadium, Adelaide with 1 goal in mind and they doubled expectations. lol! 
Harpo
Harpo

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:05 am

West should have been at least 5 goals up at half time, they looked far superior, into the third there was some niggle going on & it erupted at 3/4 time just like footy in the ''good old days'' (Barry Hall loved it) & this seemed to spur on the East Freo boys & they were running allover West but West put enough pressure on for kicks to miss along with a few rushed points, skills were down but the ground was dewey from the start & hence the ball was like the proverbial cake of soap.

I'd like to thank r&b for inviting me & my lad into the rooms after the game, the first thing i said to him in there was ''the last time i was in here the bays won a reserves flag'' the players seemed to be enjoying it without going over the top, it was nice to meet Thiele

oh & i haven't seen so many Westies jackets or scarves since 1983

well done to Westies, is it first of the double just like Claremont last year ?
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:19 am

Scrappy wrote:
Brucetiki wrote:
Scrappy wrote:EF looking fresher
Is it because WA played on a heavy track last Saturday ?

Heavy track v travel from Perth.

We'll find out what takes the bigger toll in the next 20 minutes or so.

Westies trademark is relentless pressure on the opposition, as was the case in the first half
For whatever reasons, Westies could hardly pressure East Fremantle's defenders and on ballers in the second half
The quarters are shorter in the Foxtel Cup , so it should be easier to maintain intensity for longer
The heavy track conditions last weekend appears to have affected Westies

Second half
WA 0-2 [100,000]
EF 2-12 [50,000]

I spoke to a few players after the game and they said their legs were as heavy as wet wheat sacks after 1/2 time. They had lost a bit of run but hung in there (just) Very Happy 
And a fair chunk of the prize money is going to the players for their end of season trip to Bali.
firstblood
firstblood

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:47 am

redandblack wrote:My major worry is that we played a solid game in heavy conditions and could have some tired legs still on Tuesday night.

Then again, we should have our best team for the comp available and I'm looking forward to it.

Yep.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdofPrey Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:13 am

Congrats Westies, flying the flag for the SANFL.
BirdofPrey
BirdofPrey

Teams : Eagles
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by kingrooster Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:47 am

Well done to the West Adelaide boys. Good to see the SA side take the prize.
kingrooster
kingrooster

Teams : North Adelaide
My club : north

Back to top Go down

Post by Carman09 Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:37 am

Congratulations Westies.  You took the competition seriously and you got your just rewards.
Carman09
Carman09

My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:46 am

Yep, well done Bloods.
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:58 am

It's been a pretty fair effort. We certainly had about the hardest draw of any team.

A first up trip to the MCG (what a lovely experience , though) against a strong and very much odds-on Port Melbourne, who blitzed us early, before we smashed them. (And, for the West haters, kicking a big score).. Next, at home to the Cup holders and WAFL premiership leading team Claremont for a nice win and then all over East Fremantle in the first half.

The heavy ground Saturday caught up and East Fremantle fought back strongly. The first minute or so of the last quarter saw Aaron Fielke line up for a likely goal until Daniel Webb had a brain fade and got reported for what was nearly a $50,000 indiscretion.

It seemed as if we'd probably lose to a late goal, excpet for one factor, the usual factor.

Ryan Ferguson.

This bloke walks into any best-ever West team, IMO, just a great player.

It was a strange feeling in the rooms after the game. The immediate satisfaction of the win was tempered somewhat by the disappointment of our second half fade-out and lack of discipline from a few players. We wanted to fly the flag for our supporters and the SANFL in general a little better than that, but in the end we got the job done.

Why did we win the Foxtel Cup?

We just kept trying and we took it seriously.

I've been a supporter of the concept from the start and it's been ridiculed by the usual mob of carping critics from the start, but I can think of more than 100,000 reasons why it's a godsend to the West Adelaide Football Club and its players.

Just to set the record straight, the money goes to the club and the benefit of the players.

I remember sitting on the bench last year in Perth while we were being embarrassed by Clarement. Today we're the champion State League club in Australia and the inaugural winner for the SANFL.

Thanks to those good supporters of other clubs who have wished us well and congratulated us on the win for the SANFL.

Also, it was a pleasure to invite Bayman and his lad into the rooms after the game. Bayman is one of the great supporters of SANFL footy.

A well needed bye now, then the real stuff again. central at Elizabeth.

Can't wait.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:41 am

Great review R&B

It was a pleasure to meet Bayman last night.

The foxtel cup has been an amazing experience.
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:39 pm

Congratulations boys, well done.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:22 pm

Webb has been offered a one match ban.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodnTars Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:44 pm

I assume that is a regular season game.

Uncharacteristic for Webby as he normally wouldn't hurt a fly.
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:40 pm

I've got some news for those who say West aren't the best State League team in Australia right now.

If you didn't make the Grand Final, or you haven't wanted to participate, then bad luck, you're just guessing.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:30 pm

i should have added last night that i thought when East Freo were making their charge in the last term the W.A umpire was doing his best to get them over the line & for an umpire he looked totally unfit out there (he had the roof over the tool shed look)
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:31 pm

Now now R&B a bit of humility goes a long way
brodlach
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:35 pm

Quite right, brodlach, but I've been humble for a long time and I'm just enjoying a short time off the leash Embarassed  cheers
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by geppscrossrams Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:59 pm

Flag No.9 wrote:Webb has been offered a one match ban.
What a joke, barely a free kick let alone a report. McGough took a massive dive.
geppscrossrams
geppscrossrams

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:47 pm

geppscrossrams wrote:
Flag No.9 wrote:Webb has been offered a one match ban.
What a joke, barely a free kick let alone a report. McGough took a massive dive.

I reckon most people on this Webbsite would agree with you
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next