bayman
countrycousin
Flag No.10
Brucetiki
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Foxtel Cup Semi Final: West v Claremont @ AAMI Stadium - Page 2 Empty Re: Foxtel Cup Semi Final: West v Claremont @ AAMI Stadium

Post by Lee Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:36 am

You seem to have overcome your confusion pretty easily, bc.Cool
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Foxtel Cup Semi Final: West v Claremont @ AAMI Stadium - Page 2 Empty Re: Foxtel Cup Semi Final: West v Claremont @ AAMI Stadium

Post by Scrunch Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:00 pm

Probably not good to view a performance in isolation then make a judgement. So this is a musing more than anything. I wonder if that game showcased different styles of the respective state leagues? West (as Norwood do and other SANFL clubs are putting more emphasis on) absorbed a lot in their defensive 50 for large periods of the game but really burnt Claremont moving forward into space. If that style is not common in the WAFL it would be hard to counter. And on another note how good is this Beech kid. Only seen him a handful of times but has impressed on each of those occasions.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:29 pm

Very astute observation, scrunch, I think you're spot on about different styles and coaches are aware of it. We played Claremont last year with a very inexperienced side and they smashed us on the outside.

As for Jonno Beech, I've been a big fan since his junior days. He's always led, or nearly led, the SANFL in mark numbers and was rewarded with State selection this year. A talented player, really under-rated IMO. Good spot, S.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:31 pm

bigclock wrote:Are any of you Westies supporters concerned about the foxtel cup effecting your SANFL form?

With the Bye this week it won't have any affect at all, for the players they would rather play in that match than train.

Last year we played in the foxtel Cup and made the grand Final, no concern from me.

testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2