Kris Massie

4 posters

Go down

Kris Massie Empty Kris Massie

Post by Ben W Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:48 pm

Wondering what the thoughts are on Kris Massie from our Bay supporters in here? - as well as anyone else that wants to put their 2c in?

I have only seen Glenelg play a few times this year, its somewhat difficult for me to follow or describe the game plan, I don't have statistics to back it up, but I get the impression that the tackling has been lessened and they are trying to run and carry the ball through the centre zone breaks. In one sense its not a bad way to break the close zoning that sides like West Adelaide work from, yet you have to have the cattle not only to do it, but to maintain it for the full four quarters, if you cant then there needs to be plans B & C and again having not been there each week I cant say if Massie switches accordingly or not when its not working.

Everyone is an expert once the race has been run, yet my impression was in the ideal world Massie took on a pretty good side that Mickan had built and the idea was that he would then take the lads to the next level in the finals. Instead the Bays have struggled and it seems to me that they are rebuilding and searching for the right combination to climb the ladder with once again. Fair to say that must be a bitter pill for Bays fans to swallow at present.

Not sure where to here for the Bays, whilst I don't write them off, its fair to say that they have there share of problems at the moment and perhaps its reasonable that the responsibility for that falls directly to the Senior Coach.

So what do Glenelg do, sack Massie and find someone else, reappoint Massie for another 12 months and do what needs to be done to rebuild the club?

Thoughts?
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Kris Massie Empty Re: Kris Massie

Post by the prowler Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:57 pm

Thinking.............................
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:07 pm

You don't mind a club trying and being outclassed but that was awful and we have played that badly several times this year.

Since Massie took over we have had several 'clean outs" and in all truth, we badly miss some of the players Massie thought were no good. I am not privy to the inner workings, just a frustrated supporter under the scoreboard, but you have to wonder what the plan was, or if there ever was a plan. Perhaps we give him too much credit and there never was a plan B. He seems very reactive, kind of like a cricket captain who always moves the field to where the last shot was played and wonders why the ball never goes to hand. IMO he is gone, there is no way the supporters will put up with this rubbish for another year and a half.

UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:22 pm

GONE at seasons end
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down