+5
Southee
Flag No.10
Lee
ecky
Big Phil
9 posters

Go down

Ben Dowdell switches from South to Central Empty Ben Dowdell switches from South to Central

Post by Big Phil Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:50 pm

Crows Rookie ruckman Ben Dowdell has switched SANFL clubs, from South Adelaide to Central...
in a tweet, Zac Milbank wrote:@zacmilbank: Another @Adelaide_FC player switches @SANFLnews clubs. Ben Dowdell from @southadelaidefc to @Ceeentrals for more ruck time at league level.
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Ben Dowdell switches from South to Central Empty Re: Ben Dowdell switches from South to Central

Post by Big Phil Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:51 pm

From South Adelaide's website...

http://www.safc.com.au

Panthers website wrote:
Ben Dowdell Transfer - Thursday June 11th
The South Adelaide Football Club have agreed to a transfer of Adelaide Football Club rookie Ben Dowdell to the Central Districts Football Club.  This transfer follows a request from the Adelaide Football Club for more game time for Ben both in the ruck and as a forward in our league team. We believe it is not in the best interests of our league team and club to agree to this request as we believe Ben is still establishing himself as an SANFL league footballer in his 9 league games over two years for South Adelaide. We are disappointed with this outcome given the opportunities we have provided to Ben but we wish him all the best with his football. This presents an opportunity for Keegan Brooksby to continue his very positive season leading the ruck in the league team and for Daniel Bass and Alex Cailotto along with developing ruckman Peter Steffe and Mitchell Taht to show how they can also contribute to the future of our club.

Ben Dowdell switches from South to Central DOWDELL%20Ben
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Ben Dowdell switches from South to Central Empty Re: Ben Dowdell switches from South to Central

Post by ecky Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:07 pm

This highlights my point (on another forum) about how the Crows obviously haven't thought about the consequences of having all their reserve ruckmen in the same team.

What happens next year when Dowdell isn't happy that Angus Graham is taking all his ruck time in the Crows Reserves team?
Where can he move to then?

Be careful of what you wish for...
ecky
ecky

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:10 pm

Good point.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:28 pm

Excellent point ecky, shoots a fair sized hole in a key plank of their argument (if you can shoot a hole in a plank). Perhaps their Reserves side needs a reserves side in the U18s.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:04 pm

No loss for us.
Southee
Southee

My club : south

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by bayman Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:04 pm

well step by step we've seen Port making the Magpies a reserves team, South step by step are making themselves a 'stand alone' team
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:12 am

Its a pity that another resolution could not be found, but I will back Ron Fuller in any day over having his match day coaching micro managed by the Adelaide Football Club.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:35 pm

bayman wrote:well step by step we've seen Port making the Magpies a reserves team, South step by step are making themselves a 'stand alone' team

No harm in that IMO. I wonder, does an SANFL club have to have AFL-listed players?
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down