Rnd 4 - Sturt v South @ Envestra Park (Sat 20/4)

+11
BirdofPrey
UncleHuey
Paul
robranisgod
brodlach
Southee
howthewestwaswon
blueandwhite
countrycousin
bayman
Big Phil
15 posters

Go down

Rnd 4 - Sturt v South @ Envestra Park (Sat 20/4) Empty Rnd 4 - Sturt v South @ Envestra Park (Sat 20/4)

Post by Big Phil Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:58 pm

The Double Blues had some good moments against North but again had a costly fadeout. South have been disappointing so far after such an impressive pre-season trial period. Big game for both clubs...

Reserves @ 11:25am

League @ 2:10pm

Broadcast Details - ABC TV from 2:00pm
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Rnd 4 - Sturt v South @ Envestra Park (Sat 20/4) Empty Re: Rnd 4 - Sturt v South @ Envestra Park (Sat 20/4)

Post by bayman Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:52 pm

Sturts best has been better than Souths best in the games i've seen, so i'll say Sturt at home, every time i've seen South win over the years it's been Rolfe he is their catalyst, when he has dominated the games & kicks goals, they always seem to win & they really need him to play well this week
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Rnd 4 - Sturt v South @ Envestra Park (Sat 20/4) Empty Re: Rnd 4 - Sturt v South @ Envestra Park (Sat 20/4)

Post by countrycousin Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:29 pm

I gave up tipping years ago, but as a board member said to me after the game at Prospect on Saturday. We need to make a real statement this week against South if we're to have any credibility. Not to mention the 2 points of course. We think we're making progress, but we need to prove it with wins on the board.
countrycousin
countrycousin

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:32 am

Early in the season I know......but to say this is a season defining match for South is a gross understatement.
So much pre season optimism and expectation...followed by 2 crushing defeats....
Enormous game for the SAFC this saturday.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:17 am

Sturt by 4-5 goals at home.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:19 am

Sturt by 3 to 4 goals.

Something not right at Noarlunga. We were pathetic last week and I have seem Sturt and for most of the game (except their fade outs) Dont look too bad.

This game will be hard to attend as Im going with about 4 die hard Sturt supporters. Going to tip me over the edge I reckon..... bounce
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:22 am

Panthers playing away means they will win
brodlach
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:41 pm

brodlach wrote:Panthers playing away means they will win

Its being televised , so they wont Sad
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:25 pm

Southee wrote:

Didnt realise that, when was the last time they won a televised game? They normally play terrible when televised
brodlach
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Post by robranisgod Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:30 pm

brodlach wrote:
Southee wrote:

Didnt realise that, when was the last time they won a televised game? They normally play terrible when televised

I saw them beat the Eagles at Woodville on TV in the middle of the season last year.
robranisgod
robranisgod

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:23 pm

Thanks RIG
brodlach
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:11 pm

robranisgod wrote:
brodlach wrote:
Southee wrote:

I saw them beat the Eagles at Woodville on TV in the middle of the season last year.

Correct but our record on TV games is shocking. I think we get stage fright!! Shocked
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:08 pm

Same for Sturt playing at home.

South to win.
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:29 pm

With some useful returnees, Sturt will put 4 quarters together and continue South's misery. The double blues by 25pts
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdofPrey Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:16 am

Sturt to win at home, have surprised me a bit.
I really liked the look of South at the start of the season, still think there is a heap of talent in their side and think they will turn it around soon.
BirdofPrey
BirdofPrey

Teams : Eagles
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:51 pm

Sturt too good for South after last weeks debacle.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:16 pm

Ah, well no!

I don't normally do these, but what the heck, I am crapped off.

We will be 9th once again.

Unfortunately we have a team who are mentally lazy and refuse to work hard both in presenting propoer forward targets and also in defensive transition. Too many brittle mindsets that cannot concentrate as the contest progresses.

When the going got tough in the 3rd quarter, we put the cue in the rack and went home. 8 South goals to 3 from Sturt. And that was effectively what the result came down to. Perhaps South backed off just a little in the last qtr, but it was all over at 3 qtr time. South up by 7 goals at that stage.

It is not just our young players who just don't put in, we just don't get enough out of Thomson and Kane who are experienced midfield players and pivotal to our clearances.

Riley is fanstastic and his work rate cannot be questioned. Crane has been good since he returned and I have not seen him muff a kick yet, so he has worked on that obviously.

Evans has been good for us down back , but Wundke smashed him.
Not sure who Coad was on at half back , but he even got a rare towelling today.

But I struggle big time with our workrate for 4 quarters. It just isn't up to par. South hit targets who were prepared to push hard to space (as did North last week) 10m in front of opponents. Whereas we were lucky if we hard a forward that actually led. The game plan is flawed and at this stage the jury is out on whether Seamus has the ability to arrest these mental deficiencies.

On the positve side, ok it was only 5 goals, but could have been more as it was with North last week. I think our scoreline is flattering ourselves.

I cannot even think what will happen when we meet West and Norwood.

However, for all of his limitations, Duldig did work hard and was good today. Riley as mentioned, Crane and Tambling all contributed, but the pickings were slim after that.

The worst thing for us is that I saw a side whose body language showed defeat and no idea how to show intense contested footy.

So where to from here? Buggered if I know. If Seamus cannot lift the intensity of the side, then we will actually go backwards from the last 2 years. Not a good scenario.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:40 pm

I dropped in and just watched the third quarter, Chambo.

I agree with you about work rate and body language.

There was an incident in the third quarter when Tambling missed a short pass to a Sturt player calling for the ball. Not Tambling's fault for mine, the other player seemed to be looking for an easy kick, not being aware that he had a South opponent behind him.

Turnover, South goal.

Perhaps I'm being harsh, but it looked like some players were happy to do the easy things, leaving the hard stuff to too few.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:20 pm

Its just awesome to see South finally scratch out a win for this season!
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:35 am

Ben W wrote:Its just awesome to see South finally scratch out a win for this season!

YEAH!! Went to a 40th tonight and was pumped....had a few drinks and very merry.

Sturt supporters at the party too ....felt great!!!! Very Happy

....now to back it up next week against North on Friday night.

Long was to go yet !!
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down