Rnd 4 - West v North @ City Mazda Stadium (Fri N 19/4)

+15
testy
BirdofPrey
Mongrel Punter
Adelaide Hawk
kingrooster
Scrunch
UncleHuey
howthewestwaswon
firstblood
brodlach
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Lee
bayman
waddayamean
Big Phil
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Rnd 4 - West v North @ City Mazda Stadium (Fri N 19/4) Empty Rnd 4 - West v North @ City Mazda Stadium (Fri N 19/4)

Post by Big Phil Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:49 pm

The Bloods playing some tantalizing and attacking footy at the moment, while North have kicked off their season with solid back to back wins. This is easily the match of the round for me and one I am very much looking forward to seeing...

Reserves @ 4:30pm

League @ 7:10pm

Broadcast Details - 1197am RPH Adelaide from 7:00pm
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Rnd 4 - West v North @ City Mazda Stadium (Fri N 19/4) Empty Re: Rnd 4 - West v North @ City Mazda Stadium (Fri N 19/4)

Post by Big Phil Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:55 pm

waddayamean wrote:This should be a very entertaining game..........BUT ......I wouldn't be surprised if West revert to a defensive game against a more attacking team. I hope not.

It will be interesting to see how long the Bloods sustain their more attacking focused game plan. North are pretty good defensively and have pretty potent forwards. West have a solid back half as well, so this will be a real quality clash...

Would love to see Nathan Gordon and Travis Tuck line up on each other...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Rnd 4 - West v North @ City Mazda Stadium (Fri N 19/4) Empty Re: Rnd 4 - West v North @ City Mazda Stadium (Fri N 19/4)

Post by bayman Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:15 pm

i'm looking forward to this one, this will tell me (haven't seen North yet) whether the wraps on North are correct or somewhat embellished, so i'll go on what i've seen, for mine it is Westies at home who should be too good because for North to win they'll have to be brilliant
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:38 pm

Why on earth would West change a game plan that is so good?

The chances of that happening are zero.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:45 pm

redandblack wrote:Why on earth would West change a game plan that is so good?

Agreed. Thought it was a little bit of a strange comment...

It was interesting to hear Andy Collins on FiveAA the other night mention that it hasn't been a massive change in game plan that has now resulted in West being high scoring, so far. It was more about having the right players with the required skill level to executive the way they want to play...

After all the negative criticism Westies copped last year, they were still the 2nd best team in the comp, played off in a Grand Final and had the nucleus of a very good side. I confess to being one of those critiques and am happy to be proven wrong so far this season...

It shouldn't really come as a surprise to see the Bloods play the way they are at the moment. Some selective recruiting, slight tinkering of the game plan and another 12 months under the belt of some of the younger players is showing through with their current position...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:46 pm

Yes I agree, you don't change a winning formula. And one that has been very winning.

Interesting that Tippett at Full Back got the chocolates as the best player. Thought he may have caught a cold back there.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:00 pm

BP, a few of us Westies supporters have been saying the game plan hasn't changed that much, just that the players are executing the game plan better and their skills have improved.

Have not really been that selective in recruiting as we didn't have the money to go out and get players. Only Mangan has played out if two recruits but he has been very good and maybe a little under appreciated. His spoiling in defence is first rate.

The number of times Tippet intercepted the ball by either taking possession or fisting the ball away was incredible. Wundke only finished with three possessions and no goals.

I think we will beat North by four goals
brodlach
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:05 pm

brodlach wrote:BP, a few of us Westies supporters have been saying the game plan hasn't changed that much, just that the players are executing the game plan better and their skills have improved.

No doubt mate and rightly so as you guys see them every week. I guess it is the rest of the footballing public that had that perception...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Lee Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:28 pm

Once some people decide on a theme, that's it, nothing will change their mind, no matter what facts are put up.

The theme was that West were too defensive and nobody would hear anything different. The fact that 3 of our current defenders are in the State Squad and will be in the final 21 might be more relevant.

The year before their premiership, Norwood kicked 3 goals and 4 goals in two losing finals.

After the GF I had a chat to a very senior Norwood player whose opinion was that West were roughly where Norwood were the year before. I have a lot of respect for this player and agreed with him.

Last week, West scored 6 goals more than the combined goal total of Norwood and Central. Are Norwood de fensive? Of course. Is that bad? Who knows, but it's very successful and was good enough to go top, so end of story.

I'm enjoying watching Westies progress. There's no reality of switching game styles from week to week. The basics stay the same, but it changes in the detail.

Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:02 am

Right click and save this image to your pc then print out this flyer to get a friend in for free.

Rnd 4 - West v North @ City Mazda Stadium (Fri N 19/4) Captur28
firstblood
firstblood

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:19 am

West by 2-3 goals.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:49 pm

Westies are looking good so far. 4- 5 goals for mind
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:29 pm

redandblack wrote:Why on earth would West change a game plan that is so good?

I dont think it is so much a change of game plan more the fact that its unlikely to be as offensively productive against better opposition. North should be more defensive minded and better equipped defensively than those West have come up against thus far. Still I think West have the best list and best appetite in the competition certainly at the moment anyway and I would expect them to win comfortably in the end.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:31 pm

redandblack wrote:Once some people decide on a theme, that's it, nothing will change their mind, no matter what facts are put up.

Isnt that the truth
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:43 pm

Scrunch wrote:
redandblack wrote:Once some people decide on a theme, that's it, nothing will change their mind, no matter what facts are put up.

Isnt that the truth

Very Happy Embarassed
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by kingrooster Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:09 am

Looking forward to the game Friday night. Expecting a good tussle, although I think Westies will be hard to beat at home.
kingrooster
kingrooster

Teams : North Adelaide
My club : north

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:12 pm

redandblack wrote:Last week, West scored 6 goals more than the combined goal total of Norwood and Central.

Neither Norwood nor Central were playing a pathetic South. They were playing each other. Not sure what point you're making.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:24 pm

Try a bit harder then, AH.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:26 pm

Adelaide Hawk wrote:
redandblack wrote:Last week, West scored 6 goals more than the combined goal total of Norwood and Central.

Neither Norwood nor Central were playing a pathetic South. They were playing each other. Not sure what point you're making.

No credit for West there AH
brodlach
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:51 pm

Looks like Laird might play for Adelaide. That would be a big loss for us, along with Cassisi and Gray.

Tuck in is a plus, but North have Moore in and have kept Johnston.

Makes a tough game tougher.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Mongrel Punter Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:31 pm

This game is a bit hard to pick. North defeated Central by 41 points, West defeated them by 15 points. West defeated Eagles by 72 points, North defeated them by 28 points after being up by 45 in a trial, and West can't do much more than beat an opponent by over 100 points. On those figures they look pretty evenly matched. North, apart from the Prelim, had the wood over West in 2012. Both teams have lost players and picked up newer ones. How much do both teams rely on their AFL players, where West appear to have lost some this week? I'm going for West, because it is at home, and they have tweaked their game plan, which seems to have breathed some life into their attack. West by 20 points.
Mongrel Punter
Mongrel Punter

My club : north

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:15 pm

Losing Gray, Cassisi and Laird will hurt but I think Westies still have too much depth. Be their closest game so far but I still think they will win by 3 goals.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdofPrey Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:07 am

This looks to be a really good game.
Have to pick West at home...3-4 gls.
BirdofPrey
BirdofPrey

Teams : Eagles
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next