bigclock
Lee
Chambo Off To Work We Go
bayman
Scrappy
13 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

India v Australia Test series 2013 - Page 2 Empty Re: India v Australia Test series 2013

Post by Scrappy Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:00 am

Where should Pup Clarke bat ?
These are Clarkes stats before his 91 or during his 91 in the first innings

1 innings
25 runs
25 ave

30 innings
644 runs
22.2 ave

97 innings
5592 runs
64.3 ave

20 innings
811 runs
50.7 ave

2 innings
78 runs

1 inning
7 runs
7 ave

I agree with the stats, he should stay batting at number 5 and join Alan Border and Steve Waugh who succeeded mainly batting in the lower middle order
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

India v Australia Test series 2013 - Page 2 Empty Re: India v Australia Test series 2013

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:46 am

Yes agree Scrappy, he's no bloody good as a No 8! Very Happy
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:49 am

He should bat where he is batting.

Get the other batsmen to play better.

I don't think I've ever been one to call for the selectors' sacking at times like this, so:

Sack the selectors.

The decision to drop Lyon because it was a bit tough out there is one of the worst decisions I've ever seen.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:44 pm

Agreed, the Lyon dropping is a terrible call.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by robranisgod Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:35 pm

Gingernuts wrote:Agreed, the Lyon dropping is a terrible call.

How many spinners in recent times would have dismissed Tendulkar, Kohli and Sehwag and then found themselves dropped for the next test. One of the craziest pieces of selection that I have ever seen and what must it do for Lyon's confidence.
robranisgod
robranisgod

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:06 pm

Stumps Day 3
AU 9/237 Declared
IN 503
AU 2/74

If Australia make less than 191 runs for the rest of this match it will create cricketing history
The first side in Test Cricket to declare a first innings and lose by an innings

Glenn Maxwell 4/127 on debut
Should have got 5 but for some missed chances by some of his team mates
Question
How many , if any, Australian off spinners have taken 5 wickets in a debut innings ?
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by robranisgod Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:44 am

Scrappy wrote:Stumps Day 3
AU 9/237 Declared
IN 503
AU 2/74

If Australia make less than 191 runs for the rest of this match it will create cricketing history
The first side in Test Cricket to declare a first innings and lose by an innings

Glenn Maxwell 4/127 on debut
Should have got 5 but for some missed chances by some of his team mates
Question
How many , if any, Australian off spinners have taken 5 wickets in a debut innings ?

Two that I can think of are Jason Krezsa 8 for 215 vs India at Nagpur in 2008 and Peter Taylor 6 for 78 vs England in Sydney 1986-87.

Last edited by robranisgod on Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:07 am; edited 2 times in total
robranisgod
robranisgod

Back to top Go down

Post by Gazz Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:59 am

I watched some of the cricket yesterday and how bad are we over there?
In Australia, we look unbeatable, with three fast men and a spinner that only has to mop up the last couple of bats.
In India, our fast guys are doing nothing, and our spinners only had success when India tried to tonk us out of the ground!
Gazz
Gazz

My club : crows

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:35 am

Heres a few Australian off spinners on debut since 1960
Would be others that I have not listed

12/358 Krejza V India
8/156 Taylor v England
6/107 Lyon v Sri Lanka
5/103 Hauritz v India
5/164 Robertson v India
5/164 Mallett v England
4/143 Matthews v Pakistan
4/196 Yardley v India
4/202 May v New Zealand
3/95 Miller v Pakistan
1/48 Vievers v South Africa [only 1 innings]
1/54 Cullen v Bangladesh
0/0 Cowper v England

4/127 Maxwell [ 1 innings only current match]

Theres at least 3 Australian off spinners to take 5 for in thier debut bowling innings
8/215 Jason Krejza
6/78 Peter Taylor
5/34 Nathan Lyon

The off spinning listings do not include Andrew Symonds or Mark Waugh who both bowled some off spin during their careers
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:36 pm

Australia have collapsed in a heap.

Australian cricket has lost its way.

Get rid of the influence of sports scientists, get rid of selectors who choose wicketkeepers to bat at 6, followed by average allrounders, who drop the main spinner and who rest the main bowlers.

When was Dale Steyn or Anderson rested?

Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:49 pm

Agree 100%.

Poor Michael Clarke seems to be the lone hand in what cricket actually is.
There has been so much turnover either injury forced, retirement forced, or bloody rotation policy enforced, that the mentoring and handover of playing cricket for Australia isn't happening.

Some of these guys are taking T20 and ODI mentalities into Test Cricket and nobody I think, Clarke excepted, is properly preparing them for the 5 day game.

However, they gain momentum to play a test series, when the side chops and changes so much is beyond me.

And Cricket Australia, Selectors and other boffins don't seem to be listening to the sage advice of people like Chappelli, Benaud and others who have been the benchmarks of the game here.

We are on the cusp of heading back to something like the mid-80s lean period.

Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:48 pm

AU 9/237 Dec
IN 507
AU 131

Ravindra Jadeja had a Devil of a time
He had the figures of 3/33 + 3/33 = 6-66
He also bowled Clarke twice in this game

Australia as mentioned now becomes the first test team to lose by an innings after declaring in the first innings of the match

The other damning stat that may eventuate by the end of this 4 Test series is :
Australia will lose 6 away Tests in a row against the same opponent if India win 4-0 in the series
Australias worst overseas losing streak lost is 5 in a row against South Africa starting in the 1960s
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:00 pm

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:Agree 100%.

Poor Michael Clarke seems to be the lone hand in what cricket actually is.
There has been so much turnover either injury forced, retirement forced, or bloody rotation policy enforced, that the mentoring and handover of playing cricket for Australia isn't happening.

Some of these guys are taking T20 and ODI mentalities into Test Cricket and nobody I think, Clarke excepted, is properly preparing them for the 5 day game.

However, they gain momentum to play a test series, when the side chops and changes so much is beyond me.

And Cricket Australia, Selectors and other boffins don't seem to be listening to the sage advice of people like Chappelli, Benaud and others who have been the benchmarks of the game here.

We are on the cusp of heading back to something like the mid-80s lean period.

Chambo,
i read ''poor Michael Clarke'' etc but remember as far as i know he's the first captain to be in on selection panel, granted other captains have probably given their 2 cents worth but he 'helps' pick the team, anyway it is going to be a long ashes series, perhaps Ponting & Hussey can be encourage to come back & Warnes' offer taken up......by the way that would be a wrong move on all three in my book
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:31 am

Theres a lot been mentioned as to why India are demolishing Australia
Injuries, rotations, selectors, players abilities etc etc

My thoughts
There is no way known that India is this much better than Australia
For me the main factor is the bowling conditions

I will use our man Ashwin as an example

Australia v India in Australia
3/81
1/60
0/157
3/194
2/73

9 wickets
565 runs
62.77 bowling average
3.36 economy rate

India v Australia current tour
7/103
5/95
1/41
5/63

18 wickets
302 runs
16.77 bowling average
2.58 economy

Lets not forget Australia flogged India 4-0 very recently at home
So the 0-2 turnaround is more to do with the pitches

In Australia the bounce and pace of the wickets is a concern to the Indians
In India where the spinners at times, get more lift of the pitch than the quicks, Australia finds it hard to adjust
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by robranisgod Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:33 am

Scrappy wrote:Theres a lot been mentioned as to why India are demolishing Australia
Injuries, rotations, selectors, players abilities etc etc

My thoughts
There is no way known that India is this much better than Australia
For me the main factor is the bowling conditions

I will use our man Ashwin as an example

Australia v India in Australia
3/81
1/60
0/157
3/194
2/73

9 wickets
565 runs
62.77 bowling average
3.36 economy rate

India v Australia current tour
7/103
5/95
1/41
5/63

18 wickets
302 runs
16.77 bowling average
2.58 economy

Lets not forget Australia flogged India 4-0 very recently at home
So the 0-2 turnaround is more to do with the pitches

In Australia the bounce and pace of the wickets is a concern to the Indians
In India where the spinners at times, get more lift of the pitch than the quicks, Australia finds it hard to adjust
Remember though that ENgland have just beaten India in India. Let's face it, we are just not very good. I am very fearful of what England will do to us.
robranisgod
robranisgod

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:46 am

I think we will need a miracle to achieve anything of note in the upcoming Ashes series.

Who knows though, the Ashes are where legends are made. Perhaps we will see some of these relatively young/inexperienced squad members rise to the occasion when it is needed most.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Scrappy Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:19 pm

Interesting article of Ricky Ponting on the Indian cricket team
This following during and after the Indian tour were Australia outplayed them and won 4-0
A lot of the article directed at alleged protagonist Gautam Gambhir

" Gautam Gambhir swore there would be instant revenge on Indias dustbowl decks in the current 4 day series."

" When some of their players left Australia last time they thought we served up some green spicy spicy wickets and they said 'you wait until you see what you get in our country' , Gambhir had said it."

" They are masters in those conditions, simple as that
The way they play and bowl spin
Even the way they use their quicks when the ball starts to reverse
Theyre hard to beat over there."

Ponting then goes on to bring up a point that I have to agree with

" The great pity we have at the moment is that you just dont face , with the Shield wickets the way they are , any spin, certainly under the sorts of conditions you face over there."

So what do we make of this ?
Both teams will doctor pitches to suit in the future ?
I have no problem with that

The problem the Indians have is that they then struggle to cope around the world
The Australians , it would be fair to say, adapt better in other parts of the world than the Indians for some time now
Its easier for Australian batters to adapt to the lower bounce around the world, than the Indian batters who have to adjust to the higher bounce

In the future, the way things are at present, Australia could easily be the number one team in the world again for several years running
Whereas the Indians can never dominate for a few years or an era , unless they change the nature of their home pitches
The Indians can only expect isolated victories ?

Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:01 pm

In the SS match QL V TA at the Gabba
Both sides have picked 4 quicks and no spinners

This is another reason why we can now expect Australian International batsman to struggle on spinning pitches in the Sub Continent
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Scrappy Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:58 pm

bigclock wrote:
Scrappy wrote:Interesting article of Ricky Ponting on the Indian cricket team
This following during and after the Indian tour were Australia outplayed them and won 4-0
A lot of the article directed at alleged protagonist Gautam Gambhir

" Gautam Gambhir swore there would be instant revenge on Indias dustbowl decks in the current 4 day series."

" When some of their players left Australia last time they thought we served up some green spicy spicy wickets and they said 'you wait until you see what you get in our country' , Gambhir had said it."

" They are masters in those conditions, simple as that
The way they play and bowl spin
Even the way they use their quicks when the ball starts to reverse
Theyre hard to beat over there."

Ponting then goes on to bring up a point that I have to agree with

" The great pity we have at the moment is that you just dont face , with the Shield wickets the way they are , any spin, certainly under the sorts of conditions you face over there."

So what do we make of this ?
Both teams will doctor pitches to suit in the future ?
I have no problem with that

The problem the Indians have is that they then struggle to cope around the world
The Australians , it would be fair to say, adapt better in other parts of the world than the Indians for some time now
Its easier for Australian batters to adapt to the lower bounce around the world, than the Indian batters who have to adjust to the higher bounce

In the future, the way things are at present, Australia could easily be the number one team in the world again for several years running
Whereas the Indians can never dominate for a few years or an era , unless they change the nature of their home pitches
The Indians can only expect isolated victories ?

Shocked Shocked Embarassed Embarassed how do you come to that conclusion scrappy?

At present Australian cricketers should have the advantage of being able to adjust around the world better than Indias batsman
The present is not specifically dealing with the abilities of Australian and Indian Players
Its about the systematicals in place , and the decks provided , in both Australia and India
By virtuosity , Aussie batters can cope better in some other parts of the world , than the Indians

Thats why I mention the present , with whats in place , given better players in a regeneration of players, Australia can dominate in world cricket once again
I dont think India will ever dominate world cricket

Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by oldfella Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:12 am

Well - another good effort by the Australian team management.

Blame players by all means but how did these high paid experts (some call coaches) , selectors and directors let Australian Cricket reach this stage -- seems like it time that they start at the top (the board) and work down from there with all to go??

R&B for Chairman of the Australian Cricket Board has my vote.
oldfella
oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:29 am

The rotation policy continues , James Pattinson and Shane Watson to be rested for the 3rd Test
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:04 pm

Scrappy wrote:The rotation policy continues , James Pattinson and Shane Watson to be rested for the 3rd Test

All because they didn't do their homework. Rolling Eyes Should have gotten a note from their Mums.

Next they'll be doing a hundred lines each;
"I must do what Micky Arthur and John Inverarity say because it is good for me".

What the hell is Australian Cricket coming to?
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:31 pm

The players deserved to be disciplined for not doing something they were asked to do. Lazy.

However, it was a silly idea in the first place.

The selectors should go.

The sports scientists should be told to go away.

As for Watson, remember when it was an honour to play for your country?

Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next